Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 02:39:21
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Molotov Cocktail or Dynamite? Started by: enkindle on Jul 14, '14 23:30

Attacking fortifications now has an option: do you want to throw a molotov cocktail or a stick of dynamite? Maybe both?

Here are the differences between the two

• Throw a Stick of Dynamite
    • Strong attack.
    • Set 30 minute Wack timer.
    • Clears Wack protection.

• Throw a Molotov Cocktail
    • Significantly less damage.
    • Sets 60 minute Pickpocket timer.
    • Clears Pickpocket protection.
    • Gives no experience.

Happy destruction,
enkindle

Report Post Tip

okey am curious about this, does it has also a math calculation regarding of the protection and bodyguards of the specific target? i thnk this is much better on the fortification attacks

Report Post Tip

I should add, this changes nothing as far as the chance to succeed is concerned, it uses the same stats and math, it's just reduced damage.

Dandy, your question isn't clear. This does not change the math for the defense fortifications give.

Report Post Tip

Molotov also does not give achievement credit.

Report Post Tip

sorry on that one enkindle am just curious about the math calculation if it is thrown to someone. since the dynamite attack description is Strong.

and about the fortification i think it is better to use this on it since realistically BOMB type attack is always use in or thrown in Buildngs or group of peoples rather than single. well it is only running on my imagination :)

Report Post Tip

Oh, sorry for the confusion, dynamite is strong compared to molotov. It's the same exact damage as HQ attack did before, molotov is just less than that. I'll change it to "Normal"

Report Post Tip

thank you for explaining it, i like it, since it will be use wisely in case a war appear

Report Post Tip

enkindle, when you click the HQ, Tyler's name already use to be automatically, it is not now. If 'Throw a Molotov Cocktail' doesn't give you any experience or anything towards achievements, what's the point in having it? I might have missed something somewhere along the lines, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Report Post Tip

It doesn't use your wack timer. That's the only thing that makes molotov special. If you want XP for killing tylers forts, you gotta use your wack timer. 

Report Post Tip

So basically, we are just saying here... Use 60 minutes of my Pp timer for no reason.

Can't see why you would implement that but you have your reasons. Can you also automatically place the Fort holders name in the box like it use to, manually having to type TylerDurden is a nightmare.

Report Post Tip

It's for war. Pure and simple. People currently do not attack forts during war because your wack timer is far too valuable. By making it so that you use your PP timer but get no personal gains from it, it makes it viable to use to take out your enemies forts during war.

Report Post Tip

So basically, we are just saying here... Use 60 minutes of my Pp timer for no reason.

When you use this, there is a very good reason - to do your part in a war.   If you are using this in other scenarios, then its useless. 

Report Post Tip

Will the Pp perk work for this feature? I don't ever recall receiving adrenaline for graverobs and I completed the lot.

Report Post Tip

HQ Attack does not currently benefit from either the attack or pp perk.

Report Post Tip

Can't see why it wouldn't come under the Pp seeing as it uses the whole timer, wack I can understand, but surely it should for Pp? Also, whilst I was talking about it, I have a Pp perl for the whole of my graverobs, yet didn't receive adrenaline once... Suppose to be like that?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

You aren't Wacking or Picking a pocket, so why would it ever use either of them? Its using the timers Yes, but you aren't Picking a Pocket so the perk should have no relevance. Same I would presume is said for Grave Robbing, you aren't Picking a Pocket.

Report Post Tip

Tyrion I believe the use of timers is important for game features perspective, it makes you choose and all options have legitimate value. From a role play perspective, you have to get out of there quickly using the Molotov, so you'd be too tired to keep a steady hand, or maybe you smell from being around flammable substances long enough to make a Molotov Cocktail so you can't sneak up on anyone until you remove the smell. As for the dynamite, where the hell are you gonna buy dynamite? A home made concoction could be made from local hobby shop materials, gardening materials and gun powder I believe, though I'm not a chemist so I could be horribly wrong. You just used a bullet to make a stick of dynamite if I am right though, but regardless you can also only fire one bullet at a time. I feel like it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to accept it as a game play related feature, then again I believe none of this is too big of a stretch to accept as game features if you're willing to accept one bullet per hour (adrenaline excluded of course).

Report Post Tip

quick thing, because only dynamite gives credit for Fortification Flattener achievement, you should change the the description a bit to better reflect this, new players might not get the difference. Maybe Do x HQ dynamite Attacks.

Report Post Tip

I like that there's more gone into the HQ attacks. 
I always wondered what exactly you would do to a wall with only a gun. 
Makes it a bit more realistic.
I like. I like.

Report Post Tip

Tesla, fair point. Updated.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Molotov Cocktail or Dynamite?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL