Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 02:05:12
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Tutorial Island Started by: CharlesLuciano on Feb 19, '09 14:43
Sorry about another idea i have alot more but i feel if i keep on posting new threads i would be marked as a spamer

Well this idea just poped up in my head but why not have this island maybe italy or something like that to be the place where new members start off to help them with the basics before coming into the mafia life and instead of being A civ when they come they would start as thugs with the smarts of how to get into a family and how to make money..

This would help alot see on all the new members we have been geting lately i like meeting new people but even with the two years ive played this game i still do not know EVERYTHING

and in this island they would be taught stuff like how to use their guns, Thread posting, Right way to join a family(idk about this one) drugs, mugging ect...

And after they are taught this they would be sent into the the streets and start there lifes off.

I do think this would take alot of coding and time but also this would be a very helpful feature to the game and less people would quit because they got killed a day after they joined...

what do you guys think?

~Lucky~
Report Post Tip
First off, Italy is a peninsula.

Second off, how would "Tutorial Island" be any different than "Hi. Read the tutorial if you want to understand things"?
Report Post Tip
Although this does sound like an interesting reality show. I nominate dropping RourkeyRourke on an island full of new civvies to host.
Report Post Tip
Well if they were automatically started on this 'island' then they would be forced to learn the ropes as opposed to be given the option of reading the tutorial
Report Post Tip
They are forced to learn the ropes now. Either that or they end up dead. They would still have to read the tutorial to understand the game, so I see now difference.
Report Post Tip
"Well if they were automatically started on this 'island' then they would be forced to learn the ropes as opposed to be given the option of reading the tutorial"

First of sammy i love you(no homo)

And also today some in this game yes a new person to this life of ours asked me when do i get to kill people NOW!!!

Tell me if we have monsters(lol) like this walking around how many wars do you think well start up my famly has gotten over 5 new people to the game in the last day thats alot to teach noone likes reading the tutorial i didnt... thats prob(no typo) why i was getting killed in my noobie days(_TONY_) and then when i decided to even look at it i read the first sentence and left its to long and boring... no ofence to the person who made it.. yes this game is based off reading alot but not that much!

~Lucky~
Report Post Tip
The fact that people can't be bothered to read a basic tutorial is no reason to create an entire island to pander to their ignorance and stupidity.
Report Post Tip
You must be a down person....sorry just had to say it

Well anyways the tutorial cant help you with everything this island could if it is created and effort is brought into it..
Report Post Tip
I just don't like catering to the bottom of the gene pool.

What would a "Tutorial Island" do that reading a tutorial wouldn't?

Would you just be presenting people the information they need so as to start them out on the right path?
Report Post Tip
yeah,and a Tutorial Island would be much funner then reading some boring thread about how to survive when new members can just be taught. MORE MEMBERS= MORE ACTIVITY=BETTER GAME also more donations would come in the admins way...

Though it really is up to people to read the Tutorial thread or not a island where they are forced to go to would help much better.
Report Post Tip
This is a text based role playing game. How are you going to teach them what to do without having them sit down and read something? How is that different from a tutorial that they read?
Report Post Tip
More in game interaction basically even though you read in this game witch is mostly what you do. its like clicking on a thread you read it only if its interesting and you choose to read it and the tutorial to me seems like something very important for new members to read i tell all new members i have talked to, to read the turorial but not all of them do only because its boring...

This idea is good to me because as you can tell with all the new members it would be very helpful

now if you were around about 2years ago when there was only 45 members on at a time and take a look at the diffrence today you could tell that this game is getting alot more members then it ever had and most of them come and dont wanna read no tutorial they would be better off just being taught this stuff firsthand

Yes another player could teach them this stuff but if you think about real life mobsters most of them start off with doing small oddjobs though this is a game or what you say texted based game if your gonna make a game based of RL mobsters why not bring more reality into the game?
Report Post Tip
So they're on an island. Who is teaching them? How are they teaching them without reading?
Report Post Tip
There's a tutorial.

There are how many Assistants?

There are how many players that can help?

Shouldn't we as leaders be teaching the n00bz or providing some sort of education?

I don't think an "island" is really a needed feature to be honest.
Report Post Tip
Angel,

I'm starting to think the island is metaphorical, actually. I mean... all new players must FEEL like they're on an island... or a peninsula... right?
Report Post Tip
"Shouldn't we as leaders be teaching the n00bz or providing some sort of education?"

Lol thats a Good quote

Actually i was thinking some sort of Series of test be taken For them to leave the Island or peninsula

but as far as teaching them Maybe there could be a group of admins/players who teach the NOOBZ lol how to play they tell them how to buy drugs what's the best price to sell them at ect

Yes CL's can do this and maybe we could start up a group of or own who dedicate there lives to helpin the noobz(lol again) but why not just save time to make something besides a tutorial thread for noobz( lol again) to read?
Report Post Tip
The idea of a test is intriguing. Although it's basically just an interactive tutorial. Kind of like someone teaching you, except worse. It can also be RP'd relatively easily, so no need to go adding peninsulas all willy nilly.
Report Post Tip
Yea that would be easier.
Report Post Tip
ahah lmao at " NO NEED TO GO ADDING PENINSULAS ALL WILLY NILY" lol and no i didnt mean to caps lock that, i pressed it by a mistake and dont want to re-type it :)
Report Post Tip
You have been playing RuneScape too much.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Tutorial Island
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL