Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 22:52:15
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Distinction between day and night Started by: Tommy_Gunn on Feb 23, '09 11:10
This is just a vague idea I had and I haven't really thought it through (please feel free to add to my suggestions). I've had a quick look through the suggestions forum and I can't see anything similar but apologies if it's already been said.

How about if night and day were distinct on the game, as in real life they are two seperate entities. Gangsters tend to conduct their business and shady dealings under the cover of darkness and here tends to be no different - how many wars occur during the dead of night when people are sleeping?

What I am proposing is that during the night, powers of stealth are enhanced (its much easier to creep up on victims in the dark), there are less witness statements (harder to see in the dark), shots fired are perhaps not as accurate (again, its harder to see) etc.....you can see where im going with this?

During the day, the exact oppposite could be true - better aim, more witness statements, more failed crimes, harder to jailbreak etc.....

Perhaps if we had the hours of 21:00 until 06:00 as night time? I feel that this could really enhance the game, however the actual implementation of it might be very difficult. The difference between day and night could be highlighted visually by a darker background screen for night and a lighter one for daytime.

Any thoughts?
Report Post Tip
The problem here is that the user base is spread over a huge number of differing time zones. If the ability to wack/stealth/jb/etc is different depending on time, it puts some users at an advantage/disadvante depending on where in the world they play from. Trying to strike a perfect balance where what you gain is equivalent to what you lose is nigh on impossible, so the issues surrounding it make, what is a potentially interesting idea, it a very difficult one to execute in a fair and even manner.
Report Post Tip
you could get round this by say, switching between day ever half hour, hour, or two hours.
Report Post Tip
switching between day and night*
Report Post Tip
I think its a good idea. Just disregard the time zone and put a timer here on the game
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Distinction between day and night
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL