Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 16:55:38
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Largest vocabulary contest Started by: Ghostdog on Sep 02, '14 15:08

What if we could activate something like a contest that the results will be posted every 1 month?

We only need a software that can count per account how many different words each player is using.

I think this would be a good motive for people to write more, and be creative too,  if there could be something like a reward about it.

Report Post Tip

This wouldn't be a largest vocabulary contest, this would be a "who can use a thesaurus most effectively" contest.

Report Post Tip

If you can figured out the rules and such, I'm willing to write the code to count words by user, shouldn't be hard at all. Prizes would be up to the players to provide.

Could be interesting.

Report Post Tip

While I see where you are going with this, I don't think using a distinct word count is the ideal way to see "who is best"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2621331/Wu-Tang-Clan-bigger-vocabulary-SHAKESPEARE-Infographic-ranks-rappers-use-English-language.html

That is how you end up with Wu-Tang Clan being better authors than Shakespeare :)

Come up with a better criteria, and then you can consider me in.

Report Post Tip

whats wrong with wu tang?

Wu Tang is for the kids!!!

i read this squishy and yes i get the idea from there, but if i remember well they didn't count all Shakespeare's poems. But this is not a debate about "who is best",  but who is "best with words" i agree about he criteria, can anyone help, on how it should be?

Report Post Tip

In fairness, Squishy, I've suffered through enough Shakespeare to say that his writing is downright painful to read. I'm open to suggestions that Wu-Tang Clan might be better :p

I liked Pass The Baton as a contest, the one we did before the May war in cities. Maybe now we have districts we could do the same thing by districts? That'd be cool.

Report Post Tip

could one not institute a spell check into this world of ours and award those who post without errors? (of course we cant have it affect names as lots of names would come up as spelt wrong unless checked by player name database first)

Report Post Tip

Let's be honest Groot would win hands/twigs down anyway.

Report Post Tip

I liked pass the baton it was cool to see people working together in their city writing something

Report Post Tip

What was that about Brendan_Filone?

Report Post Tip

I have Chicago's Pass the Baton saved if anyone is wondering what they looked like. 

Report Post Tip

Let's be honest Groot would win hands/twigs down anyway.

Reply by: Achilles at Sep 02, '14 18:59

I am Groot. I am Groot. I am Groot. 

Translation: Yeah, I think I'm gonna win this vocabulary contest. Provided that Enkindle will be able to create a code that would be able to translate whatever it is that I'm saying.

Report Post Tip

Maria is right... That was painful.

The passing the baton contest was probably the most fun I've had on MR. I bet you could easily incorporate a vocabulary portion with something like that.

Yeah, passing the baton contest was doooooooooope

also, wu-tang clan aint nuthin ta fuck with

Report Post Tip

Achilles this was passing the Baton

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/341693#39118739

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/340238#30218023

That was a good comp...

Report Post Tip

The one thing that these threads dont really show, is the passing the baton event was a timed event, done in real time, you had no idea what you really had to write about until the author before you was done, when he posted, you then got your words to write about.  If the guy ahead of you went slow, you really had to pick up the pace to make it in time.  It was a pretty neato event :)

Report Post Tip

Whilst that was true; I'm fairly certain everyone had the basics written well in advance and just added the meat to the story once the person prior had posted? If I remember correctly.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Largest vocabulary contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL