Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:24:51
Page:  1 
Trophy HQs Started by: Lucks on Oct 26, '07 18:13
I don't mean to drive this into the ground, but it seems I've been asked to give my opinion on the reward for the ninja contest once again. For those of you who have not been following the competition, winning earns you five million dollars (or it did before SingWhenYoureWinning's death), and the opportunity to "set up." For those of you who have not been following my debate with Mr Lee about this, I am strongly opposed to rewarding the winner with a headquarters. That being said, I'll try to mix it up a bit--I don't want to bore those that have already heard some of my points.

At one point in a previous discussion concerning this very topic, I challenged anyone to present me an example of a gangster ever coming into power in a manner similar to this contest. It's no surprise that I've yet to have anyone call me on that. The reason for this is simply because it has never happened. That's not to say that I am against change (anyone that knows me will know that's untrue), but that this reward goes against everything that is the Mafia, which is very much about power.

No one in power should willingly give power to an individual that he or she does not trust. It's foolish to do so, as one would not know this new boss' agenda. I honestly don't believe that everyone currently in power trusts everyone in this competition. I am not saying that they have not deemed the competitors worthy of leading or that any of us would fail in such a position, but that it goes against everything I know to be true in this world. Nothing should be left to chance with putting someone in a leadership position.

Additionally, to be considered for this role, one ought to have somehow demonstrated his or her ability to lead. This does include street appearances, but it should also be someone that has shown the drive and the desire to wear the bold suit. If the mystery reward for this contest were announced at the beginning, I believe that some of the current competitors would have chosen not to partake in these challenges. Does this world really need someone in power that does not want to be there?

I do not want to see someone set up and be shot down moments or days later because he or she is not seen as legitimate. I also don't want the winner of this competition to fail once they've set up a headquarters because he or she is not ready for the responsibility. It's unfair to those that will join up with the winner and it is continues to cause instability in this community.

Thank you, Mr Lee, for asking to hear my side of this now that the dust has settled.

If anyone has any questions or would care to debate this further, I will be happy to reply.
Report Post Tip
I am happy to here your viewpoint on the rewarding of auth in this manner. I wasn't a fan of the idea, but it isn't my place in this world to question it. I can only applaud when mafiosi who are in influential positions, like yourself, speak out against it.

No one in the mafia has ever been given power in such a manner for a very good reason. If you don't understand why not, you probably never will.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Trophy HQs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL