Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 00:31:43
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
how young is too young? Started by: Bluth on Feb 26, '09 00:04
As others have hinted, you can only really take role-playing so far in certain directions. It just doesn't work in some areas. The selection of the RH and LH are included in the latter. The foremost consideration has to be trust, regardless of their rank, and whether they know what they're doing. Their actual rank is irrelevant.

As hinted by Butt_Ox, lots of people have no idea how to role play; they're either too stupid to understand it, or they are simply not interested in RPing properly. This, in turn, means that even those who like the idea of doing it properly are lost in the mire and end up not being able to either. What we have is a fuzzy middleground where some areas get RPed and some do not, mostly dictated by convenience for the players.

Touching on the whole "bloodline" point Butt_Ox made, I tend to agree, the bloodline interest is taken too far. I suppose that is why people often use the same names over and over. Personally, I think much of that is down to IRC, but that's just the way it is. The game owners have all but integrated IRC so that it is part of the game now. Yes, you can play without IRC, but there's surely no denying a massive disadvantage if you do.

Really, IRC is at the centre of the game, the game is played out as much through IRC as it is in a browser. Not directly of course. As we know, there is no RPing on IRC, spill over is inevitable.

It is what it is though, we're all guilty to some extent, some more than others but we all do it.
Report Post Tip
Legally, 18. But, if she looks 18 and she says she's 18, you might get away with it.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: how young is too young?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL