Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 05:58:14
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Achievements addition Started by: Jax on Feb 26, '09 10:22
I was curious to see if it would be possible for there to be something along the lines of an "Achievement completed." message box under whatever you just did to complete the achievement. There wouldn't be a new screen involved, so it shouldn't lag up the server or anything like that, but it would be nice to see.

For example

- A pickpocket achievement

Success! You took $5000 from Jax.

Achievement completed!

- A petty achievement

Success! you grabbed yourself $298

Achievement completed!

You can see where this is going. It doesn't have to specify which achievement, just let you know you've completed one. Then you can always go to the achievements page to see which one (if it isn't obvious to you already). I'd like to see this added because it would add more of a sense of achievement as opposed to checking the achievements page once a week and seeing you've completed another couple and going "yay..."
Report Post Tip
Yea i like this idea so you wont have to look back and fourth to see if you made it :)
Report Post Tip
To do this would require an additional query to be done on every page that is tracked by the acheivements, as of now, this is not feasible since our DB is already worked pretty hard. When we switch over to the new servers, this may become a possibility, we shall see when we get to that point.
Report Post Tip
Ok, fair enough. I hope that it can become feasable soon.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Achievements addition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL