Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:06:03
Page:  1 
The Cab Stand Started by: Dayton on Sep 12, '14 15:08
Dayton had come all the way from Italy to resume the life for himself that he was supposed to make in the states. Things hadn't been going so well for him as his mother and father had recently passed away leaving Dayton with a small inheritance. He used this money to come to America, buy himself an apartment and open up a new business that would keep him wealthy for years to come. His father ran a cab stand back home in Italy and Dayton wanted to follow in his footsteps to make him proud. But he also knew that his old man made a ton of money from this venture. With the money that Dayton had and was about to recieve from profits, he wondered how many connections he could make himself within the underground world and gain the power that his father once had. He knew that the mob not only enjoyed having money, but they respected and feared it too. A man with money was a definitely a man to be feared but Dayton wanted to be a man that was respected. A few associates could help him keep his business alive as it might just provide the bit of muscle that a business needed these days in order to survive. Everyone felt threatened that their custom was being stolen but he didn't think he would have a problem on that front as this idea was a new one, a unique one. Dayton couldn't recall ever seeing many cab stands in Detroit nor any of the other major cities of America. He knew it would be popular with the people as they always seemed in a hurry and to get places fast.

Dayton was lying in bed in his apartment in Detroit, with a beautiful young red head leaning on his bare chest. She was a hooker that Dayton had hired for the night and she was quite good at her job. That's why Dayton always hired her. He had always been her favorite customer since he first hired her two months ago. He was smoking on a cigarette, whilst she was asleep, and he began battling with his brain, thinking of a way he could get his business venture underway. He had only been living in America for three months and he didn't know very many people. He didn't let that wreck his spirits, however, as his old man always told him that it ain't who you know... It's what you know that makes all the difference. That piece of advice had stuck with Dayton through his entire life. He was now twenty four years old and may as well have been living the lifestyle of a well off gangster. One day, he knew he would turn to the life of organized crime as it was customary for many people of his intelligence but he would stay on the good side of the law for now as he was too busy for his own good. Dayton was going to wait for his accountant to approve his bank account so that he could set up a place for all of his savings and payment to go through safely. Most of the mob had the bankers in their pockets but Dayton knew one guy that wouldn't go corrupt so he knew his hard earned cash would be safe with him.

He took a draw from the cigarette and it suddenly came to him. The hooker that he had been having relations with had a friend who was looking to sell up a small garage and a few cars for anyone who paid well. She had mentioned it a month ago when Dayton had taken her to a movie but it had only just crossed his mind as he lay there. A smile flashed across his face as he knew that he could make his dream become a reality and she could help him get it done. He gently pushed her to the other side of the bed and went to make her some breakfast. He wanted to pull her into the idea of making her friend give the place to Dayton for a cheap price so he needed to be extra kind to her, even though he constantly was at all times. When she finally awoke she came into the kitchen and sat down at the table with her legs crossed. Dayton poured her some coffee and asked her if she slept well. She nodded her head.

"Good. Listen, I need to ask you a favor doll. You mentioned about a month ago that your friend was selling a garage? I need you to put in a good word for me and have him sell it to me within two days. You remember when I told you that I wanted to start up my own cab stand? Well that's how I'm going to do it."

She nodded her head again and told Dayton that she'd get on it after breakfast and she followed through on what she said. She went straight down to the garage and got the business deal done within half an hour. She called Dayton and told him to come down with ten thousand dollars and the place was his. He went to visit his accountant and got the money then took a walk down to the garage with the ten thousand in an envelope that was stuffed inside of his inside coat pocket. He was excited to be getting things moving swiftly and he would be open for business as soon as the deal was finished as there was six cars that came with the place. In time he'd have everything organized a little better but for now, he had a couple of people that would be able to take his clients places and he needed them to get down quickly. He went inside of the garage and shook the owners hand before handing him the envelope. He smiled as asked if he could use the phone but realized that it was already his. He picked it up and rang a guy that he knew was looking for a job.

"Hey Michael you still lookin' for a job? I got you one. Come down to the garage at the end of my street. You'll find me there waiting for you fella."

After Dayton had hung up the phone he took a seat at his new desk and lit up a cigarette. He pulled the ashtray infront of him and lent back in the chair. Ten minutes went back and the fella that Dayton had rang arrived and stepped inside of the garage. He smiled and shook Dayton's hand then asked what the job was going to be. By this point the hooker and her friend had went off to the nearest bar to drink away the money that her friend had earned by selling Dayton the joint. Dayton took a draw on the cigarette and flicked the ash into the ashtray.

"I'll be running a cab stand here. I need a decent driver or two. I hear you're the best. Go get yourself a team together that can be trusted. Meet back here in an hour. Just don't fuck me over, capiche?"

Michael nodded and excitedly left to go get his team. Suddenly a familiar face had entered The Cab Stand and had approached Dayton. Dayton took a draw from the cigarette and sat forward a little.

"Hey, how you doing eh?"
Report Post Tip

He hurriedly walks into the cab office searching for the owner.  He had literally just fired his driver.  The remains of his head all over the windscreen.  The driver had decided to talk about his boss to people who need not know about his business.  Loose lips sink ships and all that, the driver had paid the ultimate price. He noticed the smoke trail that seemed to follow Dayton wherever he goes.

I have had better days but I suppose they could of been worse. Just opened up have you? Well I have a couple of things. At this moment I need a driver to take me to the airport. The feds round here are a bit upset with me, I need the driver to be discreet and fast.

Secondly my driver has, how come we put it? Found work elsewhere apparently fish food is a good line of work. Seeing as he has left I will need a driver whenever I'm in town on business.

How does that sound?

Report Post Tip
"Spunky, you will have my finest driver. Come back a little later with some details and I'll have a fella waiting for you."

Dayton wanted the best for this guy. He always wanted the best for his customers.
Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Cab Stand
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL