Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 19:25:22
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
RHM, LHM. Rebranding Started by: Gin on Sep 15, '14 16:32

I dont really get how all our ranks are very similar to the authentic mafia ranks, but the internet 2 ranks besides the family boss are both non-existant in the mafia (RHM) and not really excistant in anything (LHM). Did you just call it a LHM because you needed another rank of status internally and just went ahead from the RHM position? It sure doesnt sound like something to look up against.

Why isnt the RHM called Underboss instead? Besides it being authentic. it sure sounds alot "cooler" too. LHM should be consigliere but i can see where that goes wrong with the normal ranks... Not really sure how you should call him that.

Its actually even better to just have an Underboss as the 2nd in command, like the RHM is now. And just make the LHM a RHM, like the LHM is now. As the Consigliere of the family boss was always kind of a Right hand anyway.

Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

I agree its not exactly clear to everyone, but "Right Hand Man" is an americanism that means a persons most trusted assistant. Left hand man really, as far as I know isn't a thing, but made sense with right hand man. In the mafia, the right hand man would actually have been the Consigliere, but since the game was originally built with that as an actual rank, it had to be called something else.

At this point, I do not think it would be worth the mass confusion of attempting to change RHM\LHM to anything else.

Report Post Tip

What about ,

Boss (CL)

Underboss (RHM)

Capitonio (or however the Italian version is spelled)(LHM)

Don't change the rank system. Just the names of CL, RHM & LHM.

Report Post Tip

Or "The Boss" for cl.

Report Post Tip

boss should be Don or GodFather

RHM should be consigliere

LHM should be capodecima or underboss or sotto capo but that being said there should be multiple capo's (up to 8 in a family of 40)

ranks should be limitedto those who have the roles pertaining to the name of the rank however at this point it is easier to roleplay out than it is to change the name of ranks and the amount that can be in each family

Report Post Tip

Problem is, while this game takes place in the 20's/30's it doesn't necessarily have to revolve around the Italian Mafia. Maybe someone wants to roleplay a gang of different nationality. Remember that Irish and Jewish gangs were very common. Having ranks RHM and LHM gives freedom to roleplay a gang of whatever nationality you want, whereas changing them to Italian ranks pretty much forces one to be an Italian Mafia family.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: RHM, LHM. Rebranding
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL