Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 21:12:57
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Inacs - change randomly Started by: Tommy_Gunn on Mar 10, '09 22:52
Title says it all really.

Instead of inactives changing bang on 7 days 1 hour since they were born; how about they change at some totally random time during the course of that day.

Another measure to make it a more level playing field when it comes to wacking - many people with slower connections are really struggling to even take part in this aspect of the game.
Report Post Tip
This has been suggested before and was never well enough received to be put into motion. Furthermore it is essentially all luck these days. Regardless of connection speed. It is not your internet is too slow. It is there are a bagizillion people shooting at the same target nowadays.
Report Post Tip
...some people must have all the luck then.
Report Post Tip
While I understand the frustration (believe me, I've been there), there are a few things worth remembering...

If the ia's all turn randomly, it takes all skill out of training a good gun and makes it just random luck. While many feel, I've said it myself at times, that the current system is luck... those who put in the effort and have developed good 'techniques' will end up with a far higher number of kills than those that just 'give it a try'.

The other impact of the above proposal is that it will further limit the already (at times) poor interaction on the site. People will spend more time randomly checking for targets than they will helping new players, chatting with friends, posting in the forums etc. etc.. This is an end result that none of us want.

A few points to remember...

> It's not all about 'connection speed'.

> Even the slowest connection (I'd challenge anyone to have a poorer connection than myself) can get "Going too fast", if you put some effort into making sure your settings and techniques are the fastest possible. (This doesn't require a detailed knowledge of IT, around 10 minutes looking for tweaks to my browser and OS almost halved my load time before... errr, not that I'd ever kill ;P)

> No hitter, not even the very best, will get every shot through. Dealing with the frustration is part of the game.

> The current system rewards hard work and dedication (a 'random' turning time rewards luck and a very dull checking of profiles ever few seconds)

Just a few thoughts to throw out there...
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Inacs - change randomly
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL