Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 04:41:23
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
A Reminder Of The Player Conduct Policy Started by: Bunneh on Oct 11, '14 21:53

I havent been here long enough to know what has happened in regards to above, but i would like to state that the different people that i have met on here, have been very kind and helpful. I have yet to meet someone who is disrespectful (of which i hope i do because i do like the game).  And yeah as we are all adults, we should treat others how we want to be treated back.

So i would like to say thank you to everyone who has been helpful and nice to us newbies:D (Esp the ones that i have met :P)

Report Post Tip

Mako you are entitled to your opinion the same as staff are entitled to theirs. I want everyone to look at two different events -

The first let’s call them person X disagreed with something in game, publically stated they disagreed, told everyone what they were going to do and how they were going to do it.

The second let’s call them person Z disagreed with someone in game, kept it secret from the public, and told only their friends, plotted and planned and killed the person while their friends caught the witness statement to hide the identities of those involved.

One was done by an admin (person X) the other wasn’t (person Z). As always the admin didn’t try and hide anything and were very upfront and honest about their intentions.

What we are saying is that you are entitled to your opinions and we are entitled to ours, and yes they will probably clash but what has to stop is the screaming and implying "Admin cheating", "Admin interference" or "Admin favouritism" when the userbase doesn’t agree with something and aren’t getting their own way.  

Report Post Tip

what is the admin's views on players impersonating other players? it could be seen as OOC harassment could it not?

Report Post Tip

If you want a name, reserve it.

Players cannot 'impersonate' another player. I have seen no such impersonation as of lately though.

Report Post Tip

thanks but im looking for an admins views

what is the admin's views on players impersonating other players? it could be seen as OOC harassment could it not?

Reply by: TripleDeuce at Oct 22, '14 03:09

Report Post Tip

Players cannot 'impersonate' another player. I have seen no such impersonation as of lately though.

Since you want an 'admin' view. I am helpdesk and I'm 100% certain that's correct.

Izzy has said multiple times that if you like a specific ingame name, reserve it, or use it.

As long as a player who may use the name of another player doesn't benefit from using such name.

Such as;

"Hey Mudkip, is that you Morty?"

"Sure is man, can I get some money?"

That would be against the rules. 

Report Post Tip

i can see i am going to have to spell this out, i am looking for an admin's views on this, it is my understanding that helpdesk is not admin. which is why i would like a ADMIN to post to clarify their stance on IMPERSONATING another PLAYER and not just simply using their name because it isnt reserved

Report Post Tip

Izzy has said multiple times that if you like a specific ingame name, reserve it, or use it.

As long as a player who may use the name of another player doesn't benefit from using such name.

Such as;

"Hey Mudkip, is that you Morty?"

"Sure is man, can I get some money?"

That would be against the rules. 

Report Post Tip

so in short a player who impersonates another player to use it to their advantage is performing something against the rules?

Report Post Tip

Each case is look at individually and depending on the activities of the impersonation will depend on whether it can be dealt with in game or if staff involvement is required.

If somebody uses another name that is well known to simply be an annoyance this is not breaking the rule (as already pointed out you can reserve your name and it would be that person’s choice and risk to not do so). 

Report Post Tip
I believe it would only be against the rules to impersonate another to player to get money form outside the game? If you do that for in game currency wouldn't that just be a perk of impersonating that person?
Report Post Tip

No Enigma, that would be impersonating for personal gain within the game, which would be against the rules as was clarified.

If you use the name for the simple sake of using the name to annoy another person but don't claim to be that person, you aren't breaking any rules.

Report Post Tip
Ha ha, with a name like Ass Chicken your bound to get bullied lol.
Report Post Tip
Prime example would be Assassin. Some dude has used various variations of his name on multiple occasions. He had reserved the actual name "assassin" so it could not be used. The annoying part was the confusion that it almost always caused.
Not against the rules. But in any case , my opinion is this: pick and choose your battles. It's not worth fighting over a name when steps have already been taken to prevent it.
Report Post Tip

I'm glad its your opinion Naraku.

Because someone has a name they like using? As long as they're not going "I'm the OTHER guy Assassin, gief money" or something, then its perfectly fine.

You should be happy someone wanted to use your name. I know I am when I see people trying to be morty.

Report Post Tip

to be perfectly honest, i wasnt pissed off at all. He built a beast account. Its like I said before, the annoying part was regardless of both of us saying he was not me, people kept confusing him for me, so any transfers that were meant for me usually went to him. We still talk from time to time. 

he didnt do it to annoy me but the point i was making was the "pick and choose your battles"

I didnt get into it with him over people confusing us, we actually became very good acquaintances and maybe in the future good friends. There was a moral to the story in what i said.

Report Post Tip
Great post :) I agree that everyone should act like grown up and have respect for one another. Very well said, OP.
Report Post Tip

Hmmph.. this is interesting to see after I just left another browser game for having an abusive community that tolerated irl insults and even favored them over game related conflict...

It's good to see the admins here actually give a shit. I've found almost all my interactions with people here to be quite good.

Report Post Tip

Does this apply to those who have previously had two strikes or does it start over?

Report Post Tip

awsome cannot wait 

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: A Reminder Of The Player Conduct Policy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL