Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 17:28:25
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Gender Option Started by: Death-Knight on Mar 15, '09 08:33
Hey Everyone, Heres another one of these suggestions im not sure if anyone has suggested this before but anyways lets here this Era's opinions on this.

I think when we start up our Character we should get an option to choose our Gender and our Gender also changes some of the ranks for example

Pick Male at the start you get : Wise Guy , Godfather , Made Man

Pick Female at the start you get : Wise Woman , Godmother , Made Woman

I know that in Real Life mafia there are not any girls in the mafia but on this game there is so.. i think we should be able to choose our gender.
Report Post Tip
I like this idea... iv always found it odd the people that are clearly female are called wise guy or GodFather in the game.
Report Post Tip
Well i have nothing against being "politically" correct in the game with genders and such. But as DK has said there really aren't any women in the mob irl, and hence maybe we dont had a "Wise Women".

But here's my thought process, traditionally most presidents have been "men" when women (atleast in other countries) broke that barrier, they didn't change the name. Same for secretary's its a female dominated career and when guys do take it there not give a different TITLE.

To me say Wise guy doesn't mean the person per say is "wise". Its a title, so in essence the guy part isn't necessarily sexually explicit, its just that a Title

If the women of this game want "political" equality so be it, but i think its more these Ranks being TITLES than anything else.
Report Post Tip
I agree with tither on this one.
Report Post Tip
Yes Wise Guy isnt so bad for a woman to be honest as when you walk into a group of friends or people you tend to say whats wrong guys even if there are girls there and that doesnt bother them but i must say i think it should be Made Woman, Godmother i know we have a Godmother i was just saying that, that should be a permanant thing if someone is a female i know that Squishy would most likley change it to Godmother from them when they reach it, but its mainly Made Woman that i thought this would help the most.
Report Post Tip
No.. i agree.. i dont thing that a change in Wise Guy..

But i think Made Man and GodMother are necesarry... not many people have a chance to get to GodFather or GodMother for that matter...

But i do think some change might be appropriate... Some ladies may find this sexist and it would be nice to see a change in this...

and i agree with Dk, Made Woman is most appropriate.. i cant personally see how to change Wise Guy, Wise Girl doesn't sound right :/...

but i do think some sort of gender option would be appropriate :D
Report Post Tip
10 years later and this still hasn’t been added?? Bump this is an easy fix, every player picks a gender and the ranks are for the gender. Could even be a small addition to the profile Male/Female
Report Post Tip
I identify as a bag of nachos, and you have to respect that.
Report Post Tip

Stupid idea. This is a ROLE-PLAY GAME, set in the 30's, about the Mafia. If we are going to make an issue of not going OOC for the most part, (although this could be enforced better in the forums) then we should all have to play as men.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Gender Option
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL