Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 16:15:01
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Member Whoring: So Whats the BIG deal?! Started by: Fu-ManjuRourke on Mar 18, '09 16:12

Its not big deal as far as I'm concerned. For the new leaders, member whoring is almost a must.

I'd like to know who writes all these rules anyway. Who makes these decisions that tell us the life we should lead and how it should be led?

Ignatius_J_Reilly

NO! NO! NO! You guys have got to be fucking joking! Reilly, when you say member whoring is almost a must I say pfft, no its not. Its just some CL trying to fill up ranks so he can get his family up and running. We have seen CL's build their families from the ground up without Member Whoring...families that have grown to 75, one intelligent request at a time.

Now from my personal experience, when I got Auth in the 25+ CL days, i knew that i couldn't fill a 50 man hq. So i started small, started at 25. Did i "member whore" fuck that! I had a bit more honor than shooting my own members every other days (Look at the obits and you will see which CL is really doing there job well) because if you member whore, a lot of your members are bound to go IA. What i did have was a recruiter...in a environment where there were 25 crews, i knew i needed to be Pro Active. But this doesn't mean that i went down to the docs my self to recruit or send invites hoping for an acceptance. I had my recruiter send a message saying "Hi, im such and such. Are you new? Can I help you" And ONLY IF the such perspective replied and ACTUALLY asked for an invite, was a invite sent. So there was a certain dialogue that went b/w the perspective and my recruiter, before this noob filled my ranks.

One time this one member from a crew (in existence atm) sent me a MM asking to help them with the game. I said ask your leaders they will be more then happy to help you in the progression. The person replied saying they had Received an invite without having spoken to the members of the said crew and they accepted. Then there next question was Is this a good crew?. Now i dont know about the rest of you, but i call this CL a Memeber Whore. And as it so happened on multiple occasions, i had my members come to me saying "such and such shot at me"...Yea its no surprise, they were from the crews that were Whoring!!!

I think whether you invite 2 or 22, the difference between whoring and not whoring is how these members are handled after the invite is accepted. Taking the time to to get to know on a a personal level each of those 22 members is not whoring.

H_S_H

Now MR H_S_H. When you take over a crew its your RESPONSIBILITY/LIABILITY to groom these mafioso's to become the best. Just because you mingle with your 22 members that you "whored" and 10 of them became WG's doesn't undercut the fact that you sent them invitations without actually talking to them. Its like saying i was a killer till I found love and then i became weak and all lovey dovey pfft! So don't come out here saying that just because half of your "whored" members turned out good, that you didn't Whore to begin with!
Report Post Tip

because if you member whore, a lot of your members are bound to go IA.

I think it's quite clear that this is one of the lures for certain CLs when it comes to inviting anything that moves. Not only a member boost if they stay, but a shot boost if they don't. Win win. I'd go as far as to say I wouldn't be surprised if certain leaders would rather they did go IA...

That doesn't apply to all of course, as you say, it's clear from the Obits over the course of a week.
Report Post Tip
Don't be ridiculous, Identity. Nobody waits for their members to go IA anymore. Three or four days is the new IA grace period. Unless you are a mademan or higher, then you'll usually be given at least six days.

Sort of diminishes the point of joining a family for protection if you can't even take a weekend off.
Report Post Tip
This is true, perhaps not for everyone, but enough.
Report Post Tip

Don't be ridiculous, Identity. Nobody waits for their members to go IA anymore. Three or four days is the new IA grace period. Unless you are a mademan or higher, then you'll usually be given at least six days.

Sort of diminishes the point of joining a family for protection if you can't even take a weekend off.

Butt_Ox

This is true, perhaps not for everyone, but enough.

Identity

Since you guys bring up this point, i wonder to my self sometimes...if i had the reigns, I know what I would do. But really is there any way of Correcting such behavior? It makes me sick to my stomach sometimes watching the spons obits...seems like some CL's just fill ranks to train their gun. And yet no one speaks, no one says a word otherwise. Where has all the Honor gone? I remember people were given an extra couple of days even past the 7 day mark, and im talking about gangsters. Now to watch Made Man fall like goomba's is just disgraceful...i guess it doesn't really register in the CL's head that this perhaps reflect badly upon them and their ability to lead.

But then again, a lot has been said about ranking becoming easy now and the New Made is the old Earner...so who am I to argue otherwise with CL's who think downing a IA Associate or a Made+ in under 7 days time is unethical.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Member Whoring: So Whats the BIG deal?!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL