Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 13:05:30
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: Global Chats 1 and 2 Started by: enkindle on Oct 30, '14 16:43

we  do  work  but  not  all  can  donate  to get credits or  can  be here  24/7  we  have  jobs!/   family  !!

Report Post Tip

Massive sense of entitlement around here.

Report Post Tip

Bit of an overreaction there, Countryboy. Don't wind yourself up now!

Report Post Tip

I am not sure why everyone is acting crazy, sure we should work hard and not seek handouts but Also complaining about getting something for free is just as stupid. Why should admins have to put in extra work on something they were giving to us for free? Sure it might be annoying that a bot interrupted your "oh so important" chat but it was free. Think of it like spam for the freebie and move on. If credits come back that is. IF they don't then maybe its time for crew leaders to actually start helping their families get those important credits instead of being sarcastic and telling us how entitled we may feel. Not everyone has the knowledge on how to make decent money and if they aren't making ends meet then it not only hurts them but the family leader and family as well. 

Thank you admins for giving us the free credits for so long. They were greatly appreciated by me and apparently a few others but I will only speak for my thankfulness. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

We previously upped the credit give outs on IRC to 7 per hour.  One of the major driving factors to giving out 6 of those 7 per hour was to entice people to utilize IRC.  6 Credits per hour x 24 x 365 is 52,560 credits given out per year as a promotion to utilize IRC.  If the promotion is annoying, then it is not meeting its goals and needs to be removed.

Report Post Tip

Excellent change Squishy, I approve of it! Let the people work for their credits instead of feeling entitled to promotions

Report Post Tip

To all the people blaming those who complained that the constant spamming of credit alerts was annoying: You seriously need to improve on your reading comprehension skills. Nobody said they didn't want more free stuff. The promotion was indeed annoying like Squishy mentioned and it was killing both the global channels and the IRC. Especially the IRC.

If I may suggest a different promotional approach, consider the following:

1) Eye catching IRC button on every page, possibly on clock level center screen

Because tbh, as a new player, I never even found that button until I asked about where the hell do all these codes people are pasting in my crew chat come from

2) Easy option to log in with an anonymous IP address, possibly a simple checkbox that when clicked will give the user a default masked connection (bonus points for autogenerated funny ones)

Because as a not so new player, I realized IPs are getting constantly tracked by a few people making it a real pain to escape from your past characters

3) Irregular credit drops, with a few minutes of warning before hand like "Credits will be given out in X minutes" and then 1-4 codes 

Because credits do bring people to IRC, I know they brought me and I know they brought many others. Having a regular credit drop system will make it so people log in a few seconds before the drop and leave as soon as it's claimed like before.

4) A short but informative description on what IRC has to offer on the page before you connect (https://mafiareturns.com/comm/mibbitout.php?client=mibbit), like "new threads, deaths, rogues, duels etc are announed here" and "people talk lots of shit, you should too"

Because those features are really neat work and are not mentioned anywhere

Report Post Tip
Erm.... I think this strayed away from my original intention a wee little bit. I was just suggesting being able to toggle on/off G1/G2. That's it...
Report Post Tip

We previously upped the credit give outs on IRC to 7 per hour.  One of the major driving factors to giving out 6 of those 7 per hour was to entice people to utilize IRC.  6 Credits per hour x 24 x 365 is 52,560 credits given out per year as a promotion to utilize IRC.  If the promotion is annoying, then it is not meeting its goals and needs to be removed.

Reply by: Squishy at Oct 19, '15 05:21

I've never understood your reasoning to give out this many credits. I always figured you had data backing up your strategy, thus making it worth it. I guess that this is not the case seeing you just made a move based on a few people their opinions in this thread.  

If you want to conclude if the promotion is really that "annoying" why not ask your entire community through a poll or w/e.  Then again, at the stage this game is at... it shouldn't be about "opinions". It should be about the data you have collected by now and the conclusions you can draw from analyzing them.  

Oh and "work" for your credits? Come on guys... swiping a credit card isn't exactly "work on MR" now is it. However, that's an entirely different topic to discuss. This is about a wished effect these credit promotions were supposed to gain (from an administrator p.o.v.)..... not about you judging people their efforts (the fuck?). 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

N one ever said they hated the credits. Just the posts about them in Global. And no one ever said they were entitled to said credits. This thread got a little out of hand. But hey, Squishy can do whatever he wants anyways. It's his game!

Report Post Tip

No* Just noticed my typo.

Report Post Tip

Monaco,

Then again, at the stage this game is at... it shouldn't be about "opinions". It should be about the data you have collected by now and the conclusions you can draw from analyzing them. 

It *is* about the data.  I saw a mild increase in IRC usage, which I did not think was enough to justify the overall cost,  but people seemed to enjoy the free credits, so sure, there was juuust enough interest in it to offset the lack luster gains that I keep it going.  Then I saw a new side that wasn't voiced before, adding that into the overall thought process made the scales tip the other direction.

Report Post Tip

I've never really understood the desire to drive people from the game onto IRC. I'd actually prefer everything be announced in quick chat (maybe in a new quick chat channel, "A", for announcements), DFP, rogue, credits, etc, but that's just me. 

Report Post Tip
I'm of the same opinion as credits. IRC should be where the real people behind the computer hang out, not the character. Having it so closely connected meant the two became intertwined and that isn't good for the game imo. It ostracized those that can't be on irc and gave an unlevel playing field when so much was awarded on irc or announced there instead of in game. I had hoped the global chat creation would see a transition for these things to happen in game, only to see instead they simply taunt you by telling you what is available on irc.. Not great when you can't access irc.

Still, I do appreciate that squishy does everything for the absolute benefit of us all, so perhaps in future constructive criticism would be better instead of folk just complaining that the alerts are annoying.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Global Chats 1 and 2
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL