Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 12:43:20
Page:  1 
MickeyRourke; His Final Hours - Prt 1 of 2 Started by: Frankie_Gogolak on Mar 21, '09 03:59
Laying in bed trying to sleep, listening to the last birds chirping and the heavy rain banging against my window, I sit up and turn my bedside lamp on and pick up a book to read..

"Hmm..interesting..this part of America holds more Mafioso's than civilians..I feel sorry for the piggies back at the station, they must be swamped!"

Turning the page, the phone rings

"What the hell..it's 21:30!"

Frankie stumbles down the stairs and snatches the phone from the stand

Frankie: "WHAT!??"

XXXX "Frankie?"

Frankie: "Yes??"

Mickey: "It's Mickey.."

I clear my throat and hope he didn't notice my temper

"Yes sir?"

Mickey: "Well, first of all, use that tone when answering the phone to me again and I'll shoot your fucking head off!, understood?"

Frankie: "Yes sir, I apologize, it won't happen again.."

Mickey: "Right, back to business, I need your help, can you meet me tomorrow morning at 9am, sharp?"

Frankie: "Of course sir, I'll be there, you can count on me."

Mickey: "I know I can,. I wouldn't have asked otherwise"

Mickey hangs up leaving Frankie all confused and filled with guesses to what he could possibly need from him..

Unable to sleep, Frankie sits outside on the grass smoking a cigar talking to himself..

"Wow..the boss actually needs me..well, does he need me or does he have no one else to ask..perhaps it's one of those things where they take you out, away from public eye and whack you..hmm..oh shut up Frankie, your talking shit, you haven't done anything to be whacked for..or have I?"

Frankie lays back on the grass and watches the stars while giving himself a headache trying to figure it out

Hours pass, Frankie still no closer to working it out..or is he?, it's not like Mickey was sitting beside him telling him how close he was..
As time went on, the sun slowly making it's appearance, Frankie decides to make a move to the arranged meeting spot to see Mickey

Upon arriving, Mickey is no where to be seen, but in all fairness, I was an hour early, so I guess I could forgive him..

To kill time, I decided to have a quick coffee in one of the local coffee shops where I met up with a few friends..Veil Underdog for one..damn..he likes to talk...

Veil: "Hey Frankie, hows it going?"

Frankie: "Hey there, all good mate, same shit, different day as usual, whats up?"

Veil: "Not much man, just chilling before heading off to Philly to see if I can sell some drugs"

Frankie: "Sounds like fun..heh..be sure to bring me back a t-shirt, yeah?"

Veil: "Oh, sure Frankie, I will, because you always buy me something don't ya?? tight ass.."

Frankie: Hmm..perhaps I would if your wish list didn't consist of hookers and new cars!

I saw Mickey pulling up in his car across the street, swiftly making an excuse to Veil on why I had to leave so he wouldn't ask any questions, I quickly made my way out of the coffee shop and over to Mickey's car

Frankie: "Morning sir"

Mickey: "Morning Frankie, lets go somewhere quiet, get in.."

Oh shit..exactly what I was thinking about last night..take me someone quiet and then shoot me..damn..

Mickey: "Relax Frankie, your looking a little shaky.."

Frankie: "No sir, It's just cold out there..that's all.."

Mickey: "Hmm..yes, I can see why the sun beaming down on your short ass body would make you cold..but whatever"

As Mickey's driver drives through the city, he makes a left turn into an old abandoned industrial estate and pulls into an old warehouse where 4 masked men were waiting - I was sure this was it..

I slowly got out the car and I could feel Mickey watching me, I saw him from the corner of my eye give a nod to one of the henchmen who was waiting at the warehouse, it was safe to say I was shitting myself..

Mickey: "Come on Frankie, lets go"

Frankie: "Ye..Yes sir.."

As I was walking through the enterance of the warehouse, I noticed one of the masked men give me a nod, I thought it was a bit strange..giving my a nod just before they kill me, was it a new thing to do? show respect then fuck'em over?

Mickey: "Come on Frankie, this way, move it.."

It was so dark, a perfect place to commit a murder and get rid of the evidence..the rain from last night was still dripping from the roof, it was so damp, it was like walking through a river with no shoe's..it was awful..
We came to this door, Mickey opened it and out came a bright light, well, it seemed a lot brighter than it was due to the fact that it was so dark every where else.. through the door led to this room that has obviously been used as an office for meetings, in the center, there was a big round table with 12/13 black chairs surrounding it

Mickey: "OK Frankie, sit down, lets talk business."

I sat down trying hard to keep an eye on where Mickey's hands were going, I knew he had a gun on him somewhere, but he changes it's location all the time to stop anyone outside the family from out smarting him and taking it from him in a stealth attack..

Mickey: "Right Frankie, I'm doing a hit and I need your help..can you do that?"

Over the moon that he actually did need me to help him with a hit and not actually being the hit, it took every ounce of energy inside me not to jump out my chair in happiness..

Frankie: "Absolutely sir, my gun is your gun, say the word and my gun will be the last thing your target see's.."

Mickey: "Calm down Frankie, lets not get too excited here, we need to keep our heads on for this."

Frankie: "Heh, yes sir, sorry"

Mickey: "Right this is whats going to happen..."

Mickey pulls out a note pad which had some really good detailed maps of a local mansion just down the road, he begins discussing how he wants the hit done

"Right, first of all Frankie, I need you to go in first, take note of how many people you can see guarding the outside and then I need you to memorize any easy routes you can see leading to the enterance of the building..yes?"

Frankie: "Yes sir, understood"

Mickey: "Good..the guy I am after has caused me so much shit, he has a big mouth and a seriously shittie attitude..to top it off, he's a lazy bastard of has been in bed for the last 7 days pretending to be ill when in fact he's just shitting himself about bumping into me.."

Frankie: "So..I take it your not his #1 fan then, sir?"

Mickey: "No time for jokes Frankie, this is serious.."

"We will begin the hit at 11am on the dot, so I want your report by 10:30, ok?"

Frankie: "Yes sir, I will get onto it straight away"

Mickey: "Good lad, now go.

The journey up there was only short, it was just down the road, but it seemed to take forever, I suddenly had a really bad feeling about this and wasn't sure what to do..I couldn't tell Mickey, he's done this many times, he would think I was a wuss and perhaps kick my out the family, I was getting extremely nervous..
The car parked up behind the mansion behind some old garages that had recently been burnt out from a recent war that left many dead, you could still see the blood stained floor and bullet shells all over the place, you could also smell the stench of death as I stepped out of the car, it was awful..

I climbed over a wall that led to an alleyway which was attached to the mansion, creeping around trying hard not to be seen, I came to the gate which led into the back garden, peeping through the keyhole, I could see three men walking around, I waited for them to do their rounds at the front of the house before jumping over the gate and into a bush that was heavily protected by the summer leaves..

"Hmm..how am I going to get this report done without being seen..no tree's to climb, no where else to hide for a better look.."

In a crouched position like they do in the army when they are running behind the rocks to avoid detection, I quickly made my way to a small wall just outside the kitchen window of the mansion, very risky, but it was my only choice if I was to ever get the information Mickey wanted

"I'm guessing I may just have to tell Mickey that there is no way of doing this without being seen, but then..he might get mad, I'm unsure of where to go from here.."

I pear through the corner of the kitchen window and see no one hanging around, I use it to my advantage and force the window open and climb through it

"Damn, it's 10:25..I haven't got enough time to finish up..Mickey's going to be pissed.."

I climbed back through the window and hid behind the wall just in time as two men came walking past..I thought they saw me, I need to be more careful..
I made a run for it, jumping back over the gate and over the wall and into the car..hoping it was that easy to get back in again when the shit hits the roof..

"The drive back to see Mickey and tell him the bad news wasn't exactly the highlight of my life..I remember getting closer and seeing him standing there waiting for the news, I was dreading it, he put all his faith in me for the first time and I screw it up, what hope do I have for any future jobs withing the family now, it felt like my carer as a mafioso was over before it really began.."

The driver parked up just beside Mickey, I looked out the window and will never forget thew face of disappoint on his face..I got got out the car and expressed my deepest and sincere apologies for my failure and he just stood there with a blank expression on his face..

Micky: "Nevermind Frankie, I know you done your best.."

Frankie: "God bless you sir, thank you so much for understanding..what are we going to do now?"

Micky: "What are we going to do? we're still going ahead with the hit, just won't be as prepared as I would have wished for, but no worries, this kind of thing comes natueral to me..

Mickey winks at Frankie

To be continued..
Report Post Tip
Awesome story, I look forward to reading part two :)
Report Post Tip
Thank you sir, I'm glad my time wasn't wasted :)

I'm hoping to have part 2 up soon.
Report Post Tip
Ahh! MickeyRourke, do I miss thee! You were the wind beneath my wings! I just wish you sitting up in heaven watching down upon me!
Report Post Tip
I look forward to it, I kind of new the just of what happened here, but not in detail like this, its very enlightening :D It's too bad he was taken from us in such a tragic fashion though.
Report Post Tip
well said Ares.. :P
Report Post Tip
My apologies. I seem to be at a loss for words.

Wonderful piece signore Gogolak. I can't wait to see more.
Report Post Tip
lol nothing to apoligize for, I was just joking :P
Report Post Tip

I look forward to it, I kind of new the just of what happened here, but not in detail like this, its very enlightening :D It's too bad he was taken from us in such a tragic fashion though.

Reply by: A-Mac at Mar 24, '09 00:02

Please don't let me miss-lead you sir, bare in mind this is just a story about the tragic fall of Don MickeyRourke, a lot of the stuff said didn't really happen, it was just added to make a story.

If I have totally read too much into your statement, then I apologize, I just don't want to end up being sued by Mickey's son for false publishing, I would also be happy to talk to you in private to explain what happened should you wish to know. (a very simple and short story)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: MickeyRourke; His Final Hours - Prt 1 of 2
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL