Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 08:23:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Detroit Times - Edition One Started by: WildTurkey on Mar 21, '09 14:24
Best damn paper in the business! Check it out, grab a paper, and revel in all the glorious news!
Report Post Tip
Sao and WildTurkey, I do believe the streets is a place for opinion. Just because you dislike the opinion given does not mean that the chap merited insults flying at him concerning his intelligence. Please have slightly more respect for yourselves than to lower yourself to that level, and more respect for him than to do him the dishonour of insulting him. Respect is a two way street, a position in itself can only grant you so much respect.
Report Post Tip
And two additions to my last contribution:

1) Setting an example would be one of your many roles in society, do you believe you set the right one with your comments toward him?

2) I personally enjoyed the paper, much less enjoyed the post-newspaper comments from the illustrious reporters.
Report Post Tip
I never claimed to be a nice guy. If he didn't like the paper, he could have put it down and not said a word. Seems pretty simple to me.

I respect people that have helped me out, or done something worth recognizing and respecting.
Report Post Tip
Earning your respect is of course one way to look at it, but I believe that everyone should start off with receiving some sort of common courtesy, even if it's only a slight bit.

You'll always have critics Don WT, just ask Marietta, she's had her fair share as she pointed out in your paper. Some are just more outspoken than others.
Report Post Tip
Alright enough with the arguing. This was supposed to be a place where we can talk about how well written the paper was etc.

Now let's please continue on with the comments, but if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all...or come to me in private. ;)

And honestly, not just because I am a reporter, I think this is a very well written, well organized paper.
Report Post Tip
I do think the people who wrote this newspaper deserve some respect, whether we like it or not.

It's been a while since we read the last well-written newspaper. Personally, I like it.
Report Post Tip
a thoroughly enjoyable read
Report Post Tip
Violent Killa strolling down the streets of Detriot stops at the local newsstand for his afternoon copy of The Detroit Times. He sees some distrubing news. Killa is saddened by all the deaths as of late. Well saddened only for a second time to move on. He looks at his horoscope and dosent give it a second thought. Finishes with the paper and continues to stoll on

Excellent paper guys keep up the good work
Report Post Tip
You missed out Angel on the Obits..
Report Post Tip
Since there were so many deaths during the March Madness war, we are dividing the Obits into several weeks, instead of just one. You will notice that many Right Hands and other high ranking mobsters are also absent from the paper. That is because they have yet to be properly noted in our papers.

Never fear, there are more to come!
Report Post Tip
Marietta

I apologize, I should have done my research before coming to the streets.

Thank you for setting me straight.

Frankie.
Report Post Tip
Cwheel took a paper, from the rack, and looked it over.

Great read.
Report Post Tip
Very well done.

Also, you've really captured the essence of Rourkey in that photo.
Report Post Tip
It is a very good read. I definately will be watching for the future issues can't wait.
Report Post Tip
Hey! Love the paper
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Detroit Times - Edition One
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL