Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 04:17:36
Page:  1 
A Dangerous Life Started by: Carmine_Ttrapani on Mar 22, '09 15:00
In this life, you know, our life. Things can get out of hand quickly and before you know it, someone ends up dead. Sometimes it's over money, disrespect or even someone making a threat. But the other times, that's when it puts into prospective what a thin line everyone walks. Those are the times when all you have to do is make a joke and someone takes it the wrong way, arguements over card games get out of hand and someone ends up laying on their back, eyes wide open with a shocked expression on their face in a pool of blood.

This situation, was one of those things that could of been avoidable, but what can you do.

On this particular day, I just had a good feeling about everything in general, I felt good, I damn sure looked good. The night was calm, real nice and cool out, a little bit of a breeze and I was about to make one of the biggest scores of my life. A friend of mine who I had went to high school with was big in the coke scene, granted he probably snorted more than he sold but still, he was the guy to see if you wanted to sell some stuff and make a lot of cash quickly. He was a short guy, which is probably why he had an inferiority complex about everything and worked out almost twenty-four-seven. Around my age, maybe even a little bit older. While he didn't live in the best neighborhood, I felt pretty calm outside of his house in my car. But I was getting anxious, I'd been there twenty-minutes already and I had other shit to take care of before I ended my night.

"Come on Joe, the shit can't take that long." I said to myself, getting impatient and annoyed.

Finally the door opens, very pretty, very built, black haired female walked outside, said something to Joe, smiled and walked away. As she walked by the car I made eye contact. She had all the signs of a coke head and I had mistaken the lack of light for beauty. Her face had too much make-up, her thought to be thick body was nothing but layers of clothes she had to wear because she couldn't afford an apartment and slept around with guys in the neighborhood for a line and a place to stay. She walked away out of sight and I noticed Joe standing in the door way, waving me over.

As I get out of the car and say loudly, "Bout fuckin time, my ass was startin to fall asleep."

I shook his hand, he asked me how I was doin. I said the usual shit. He shut the door and locked 3 different dead bolts plus a chain. As far as cleaniness goes, it was..ok. I mean, I wouldn't suggest eating anything off the floors, or the plates for that matter, but it's not like you would be struck with the plague if you sat on the couch in his living room.

"How's things goin with you Joe? Everything ok? How's your daughter and everyone doin?", I asked him as I went to his fridge to get something to drink, suprisingly he did have beer, and some milk that was half empty. I grabbed a beer and sat on the couch, looking at the guns he had hung up on the walls. Shotguns, machine guns, pistols, grenades, brass knuckles, various bats decorated most of his living room. It had a cozyness to it.

"It's goin alright, I gotta make that money and make sure my baby girl can eat everyday, that's all that matters." Joe told me, as he sat in front of me in a chair, making himself comfortable.

"So how much were you wanting to spend? A good six-million can get you three-hundred kilos. And I know with your connections you can spread that shit around, double the profit. Just a heads up."

I nodded my head, he knew how to cut right to the point and wasn't afraid to let you know what was on his mind. That's why I liked doing business with him, no hassle and since we had known each other for years, it cut out ninety-percent of the bullshit out.

"I can swing that, but three-hundred kilos? Damn Joe, I mean yeah I have people that can move it but something like that would have to move fast enough for the cops not to catch on."

Joe was just about to give me some bullshit reply on how I was the man and how he knew I could it. When I hear what sounds like a shotgun blast hit the door and it's kicked in. I duck down behind the couch and Joe grabs his gun and jumps over the side next to me. Lucky me I had my gun in my waist.

"Where the fuck are they? I know I heard both of 'em talkin'. Go upstairs and check what they have up there, don't forget the stuff and take any guns you can get."

The voice sounded away from us, Joe peaked his head over the couch and seen the guy talking was carrying the shotgun that blew a whole the size of a watermelon through his door. He cocked the hammer back slowly, stood up and fired off a shot. Hitting the first guy in the head, dropping him to the floor and leaving a mist against the family portrait that hung on the wall. While it did kill one of these assholes, it made the others aware of where we were. Before Joe had time to retreat or fire off another shot, the 3 that were still in the door way and one that was on the stairs opened fire.

"OH SHIT! JOE!" I screamed, as parts of Joe's flesh hit me, the metal smell of blood everywhere. I jumped up, and starting firing off as many shots as I could while I was backing out the door through the kitchen. If I could get away, there's no doubt I could find out who the fuck these guys where and deal with them on a level playing field.

"YOU SNEEKY SON OF A BITCH!" Was all I heard as bullets whizzed by me, everything was going good then boom, I got hit in the shin, then another hit me in the shoulder. Hot lead burns the flesh and causes enough pain for you to cry like a baby. I'm squeezing that trigger as quick as a can. Then all of a sudden it stops, what the fuck? The gun jammed on me. Boom, I'm hit again, in the arm, the chest, the neck, part of my ear feels like its been pierced.

"KILL HIM!"

I fall back on to Joe's breakfast table, blood everywhere and my body racked with pain. I can hear them coming closer, my ears are ringing but that's the last of my worries. I feel hot metal pressed up against my temple and a hammer being cocked back. My life flashes through my eyes, everything I've done, everyone I've known. And it's all about to end right here, right now.

"You almost got away, too bad you and your friend have to die Carmine. It wasn't supposed to be this way, you had options. Anything you want to say before you die?" This bass filled voice says to me with so much hate that if I could lift my head I would of spit in his face, if it wasn't covered by a mask. He laughed and pressed the barrel harder into my skull.

"Pull that trigger and not only will I kill you and your pals, I'll kill all of your families!" I hear very stern and serious voice boomed out of no where, it sounded familiar, but who was it?

I never had time to find out, I blacked out from all the pain and bleeding. The next thing I remember, I woke up in the hospital, wrapped in bandages like a mummy like in the movies and left with my jaw wired shut.

To Be Continued...
Report Post Tip
wow. Very well written.
Report Post Tip

Those are the times when all you have to do is make a joke and someone takes it the wrong way.

yeah, i know all about that... :P
Report Post Tip
And plus, a very good read, can't wait for the next one :)
Report Post Tip
Nice goin.
Report Post Tip
that was good.
Report Post Tip
When are you going to put up another part?
Report Post Tip
Really. I rather enjoyed this, way to go.
Report Post Tip
Gratzie everyone, I appreciate it.

I'll be putting up another part in a couple of days.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Dangerous Life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL