Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 06:21:56
Page:  1 
Things have Changed Started by: John-The-Revelator on Mar 22, '09 16:32
John walks around the city streets. He notices a lot of changes and notices whats going on with the world? He walks by The_Messiah's office and notices him having a great time with his family.

Walks to the cities cemetery and walks up to _Stromvind_'s grave. Sir, i know looking down at us and ur saying ur sorry and u wish that it didnt have to come to this. Sir, I miss that family so much. Everyone that was part of the family enjoyed being with you.

JTR walks around the streets and looks at everyone's happy face's
Report Post Tip
I know things have changed.I really really really miss FrankieFigs and all my other friends in his family.All my other characters that I have ever had were in his family.
Report Post Tip
Yes things have changed, Wars have taken place and that is how this world has taken shape its all Buisness being trueful i mean there is always the odd few that its down to personal things but.. mostly its buisness. You might miss your old family alot and im sure you do John but for good things to happen bad things have to happen aswell sadly :( its the way of life.

Dk wonders off into the distance stating a trueful comment
Report Post Tip
John nods and agrees with DK
Report Post Tip
Rip Frankie..

My bloodline has been around for a longtime if you think things changed alot after we had that war take it back 3 years and see how stuff was..

~Lucky~
Report Post Tip
Agrees full heartedly

Things change through the progression of time, but one day, it will give way too fresher new bloodlines, not just the original, cause even then they are bringing new things with them.
Report Post Tip
Ya its just not the same without the old crew leaders.
Report Post Tip
Yea we have to teach the Newbies or as Angel use to say the n00bz the way of life i myself well put effort in just doing so.

~Lucky~
Report Post Tip
It is the cycle of life here.

The only thing you can do is try your best to move on.
Report Post Tip
Things are not the same.. it seems standards have been lowered and all the new mobsters now think it is acceptable to litter the streets with garbage, one sentence speeches, replies and other nonsense.. I see leaders who cannot spell or speak in public but are allowed the trust to run their own criminal families. Guns and death have no changed or has the ability to kill people - but we need the right people in the positions to make the choices of who lives or dies.

We need strong leaders to advocate correct use of street presence and take the steps to clean up this world!! I think we have a few of them aroud and from hearing mobsters on the street corners, people are getting sick of it.. but when is the breaking point for yourself personally and for our world in a whole
Report Post Tip
Striphe, you sure are quick to judge.

There are people around here that are not from an english speaking country. I am from sweden and my vocabulary is not as good as yours may be, does that mean i should not be allowed to have my own family? It seems that you think they are incompetent of having their own family just because their spelling is pretty bad.

Everyone should be allowed to have their own family, as long as we can understand eachother that's all that matters right?

Maybe i misunderstood your reply, but it seems to me like you got it all wrong.

//Storm
Report Post Tip
I also have bad spelling as you all know but what does spelling have to do with running a family? Striphe i see where you going with this but...

~Lucky~
Report Post Tip
And to ad

ooc( DO you think mobsters in real life knew how to spell? most of them were from italy.)
Report Post Tip
Smiles and nods

I agree its not all about the spelling, but I have seen people reply 'hehe', or 'lol' and such etc to speeches and such, but I totally agree its not ALL about the spelling. It is about what is being said, are they putting effort in or just chit chatting in the street about nonsense. I agree not everyone can spell, and we all make mistakes.

When a person comes to the street with talk, they represent their family, their city and every word and speech they conduct themselfs in a representation of those above.. I just hope people realize that and put as much effort in as 'they possibly can', and the mobsters who have been here for a long time can push them in the right direction, as the new mobsters who come to our streets will think 'This is how it is done' and the new mobsters are infact our future generation.. not trying to be harsh just realistic.
Report Post Tip
I completely agree with you Sir Striphe. There has been many a speech or conversation that I have literally wanted to punch some of the attendees in the face over the ludicrously redundant and foolish replies they give. Seeing such actions taken on by any mafioso is bad. But to me it isn't even that.

What annoys me the most is those who say a lot of nothing. Such as those who continuously nod in approval of everything said but don't offer up words of their own. People who touch down on conversations from long ago that hold no weight of what is currently going on. Or like you said, those who use that funny language to just say they are laughing at the situation.

If you have nothing to say, that is all that you should say. Add to your presence not by increasing the amount of times you show up in a conversation but by adding to the conversation.
Report Post Tip
I entirely agree with you as well Striphe.

In my experiences, my Father taught me that the way you conduct yourself in the streets really is everything. Whether it should be, or should not be- it is.

If I see a family head come out into the streets who cannot speak our language it frustrates me. Being a leader of an organization was once held in the highest regard. It meant you were the cream of the crop. The words you speak were as valuable as gold, the things you did were looked up to. One little hiccup in a speech could skew other peoples' view of you.

I would go as far as to say it really is all about the spelling, and I can't say I've ever felt any different about that.
Report Post Tip
There seem to be two things rife at the moment, laziness and nepotism. The sort of shite we see out here on a daily basis is just part of the by-product.

Of course these small things, like pronunciation and how a leader articulates his views, matter. Given the nature of this thing of ours, most people can do most things, it's the subtleties and understanding that distinguish people.

Speaking about the language barrier point in particular, it's easy to resolve. Give someone that's English speaking the role of finalising your speeches before you bring them here. Though to be honest, in the grand scheme of it, that is a minor issue at the moment. More worrying most of the time is the actual (lack of) substance, never mind the pronunciation.
Report Post Tip
I believe that life is life and in this world of ours you just need to move on.

It's kind of like: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming", otherwise you will be drowing with the fishes.

I agree that things have changed, but there are reasons for everything.

Oh and by the way JTR, spelling your doing it wrong.

Just keep living.
Report Post Tip
I also have noticed a lot of cities have taxes on them.

Oh well

Hums Just keep swimming, Just Keep Swimming
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Things have Changed
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL