Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 20:15:30
Page:  1 
HelpDesk will remain open. Started by: Squishy on Nov 03, '14 17:38

Helpdesk only works if it is a stress free environment that the volunteers enjoy doing. I have long shielded them from all of the crackpot accusations against them, their integrity, their intentions and their reputation.  No, morty did not read your mail to find out about X or Y.  It is impossible for him to see mails.  No, Scarin did not look up your stats for a friend before they took a shot on you.  It is impossible for her to see stats. No, whitey did not see your back alley thread.  It is impossible for him to find your back alley threads.  No, Spike did not bust your incog.  It is impossible for him to see your past characters or anything identifiable of past accounts. These accusations absolutely crush me inside.  I know sometimes its easier to tell yourself that some staff member is doing something nefarious, than to think that maybe your friend betrayed you, or that you were not as careful as you had thought.

These accusations eat at me every week when they are thrown in my face.  The very people who go out of their way to help you, are being thrown under the bus every time something doesn't go the way a user wants.  When staff members started to die because of admin actions, coupled with users saying staff accounts should never have a playing account made me realize that it's simply not worth it.  I would rather field all the helpdesk messages myself, than to continue to put these good people through the wringer.

However...

After multiple conversations with numerous parties (both staff and player), we have concluded that Helpdesk is a necessity and should come back with but a few revisions. 

Helpdesk will no longer be able to -
Admin Wack
Admin jail
Remove forum threads or posts

Helpdesk will be able to -
Answer mails sent to Helpdesk  
Temporarily suspend accounts that break site rules (a notification will go out in #divinelunacy whenever this happens) while waiting for an Assistant or an Admin to deal with the issue. (Suspending an account will disable the account, the suspended account will only be able to see the reason why it was disabled and nothing else)
That is it, they will not be able to see or do anything else.

While Helpdeskers already had limited abilities before they have been further restricted to help satisfy the tinfoil hat committee. All future complaints regarding Helpdesk/staff members should be directed to Bunneh who is in charge and responsible for the staff team.

Complaints sent to Squishy/IzzyCreamcheese/enkindle will not be acknowledged by them and simply forwarded to Bunneh.

Mistreatment of staff, or killing staff's playing accounts as revenge for admin actions will result in the immediate death and banning of the person and/or group responsible.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Finally some middle ground! it is a shame there are people out there that ruin it for everyone but at least hopefully now no one will have any excuse to moan! thank you :)

Report Post Tip

Wonderful

Report Post Tip

Thanks guys - HelpDesker you probably don't hear it enough but you do an awesome job and thank you for all the extra hard work you put in to improve this community! It's much appreciated!!!

Report Post Tip

Awesome!

Report Post Tip

I'm happy that HelpDesk is going to remain open, but I have to be candid - I'm getting far too tired of seeing a small portion of the userbase consistently peddle bullshit that force staff/developers to respond in a kneejerk fashion over the years.  It's a bad stain on the game when some of the biggest changes in policyare spurred over heated arguments and extreme tension instead of having a calculated debate amongst the bulk of the userbase when tempers have cooled.  This game is structured around order - we aren't a petri dish.  Changes in policy should reflect that.  Time and time again I have seen far too many arguments and decisions that boil over to the point where there's an immediate and game-changing policy decision that hasn't been introduced or discussed with us, and it has got to stop.

No offense to the developers or the people who ask for change - you're just doing what you think is right - but we need a steady hand and an open discussion in regards to making major policy/game changes, not a reactionary one born out of the heat of the moment.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I think thos is a great action:)
Please keep it up admins I know u wirk alot to get this game even better and I appreciate it
Report Post Tip
This is the goodness that keeps me buying snd donating to the game:)
Report Post Tip

This awesome to hear! Made my day:D

Report Post Tip
Stop calling apples oranges and admit your own mistakes.
Report Post Tip

Temporarily suspend accounts that break site rules (a notification will go out in #divinelunacy whenever this happens) while waiting for an Assistant or an Admin to deal with the issue. (Suspending an account will disable the account, the suspended account will only be able to see the reason why it was disabled and nothing else)

isnt this in essence admin jail? if their suspended but not in admin jail wont that leave them open to bg attacks during the course of their suspension? no need to broadcast that they have been suspended on divinelunacy IMO it just draws more attention to the person being suspended

Report Post Tip

In admin jail people can still use things like District chat/Crew chat. When suspended, they can literally do nothing.

To answer your other question, peoples bodyguards can be attacked while they're in admin jail too so there's no difference there.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: HelpDesk will remain open.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL