Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 12:23:21
Page:  1 
Unwritten Rules of Mafia Etiquette, Part 2. Started by: Luxuria on Mar 24, '09 05:24
Part Two, Continued from
'Unwritten Rules of Mafia Etiquette, Part one'

Here's part two, hope it's nearly as good as part one was, sorry it took me as long to get this part out, was finishing a few rules. Enjoy.

Rule Eleven:
Picking pockets is fun... not worth crying over.

I can sum this up fast, Do you like loosing your hard earned cash? Course not, but 1 - 5,000$ is nothing when you make make that much in one flight is it? Don't whine about pick pockets even the best of us get hit now and then and though it can be annoying it's not really worth moaning over.

On the other hand, if some one has "Don't touch" me written all over the way they walk and talk, it's likely they'll have a gun ready to take you out if your fingers are caught in their pocket.

Rule Twelve:
The Made Man button is the ultimate sign of Trust, loyalty, honor and respect. Respect the suit, Respect the button, Respect the rank, Respect the made man.

To be Made... Few of this day and age realize what this entitles, the respect and honor that is represented in the made mans pin, This is the ultimate sign of family, this is the bosses way of saying "I Trust This Person To Represent Me." You are, in receiving this pin, in essence an extensions of your crew leader, your words are suddenly worth more, your actions respect back on your leader, What You Do Matters. This isn't just another rank, just another set of jobs, this is entrance into the inner circle within the family.

Do not be fooled by the petty value of this pin, on the streets, it's worth every drop of blood you spill working for it. You'll never be as much a part of the family as the day your don the Made Man's Pin. Remember that next time you feel the need to spew out your mouth.

Rule Thirteen:
Whispers should be polite, their crimes are buried with them, so should your bitter feelings.

Whisper's should never be insulting, whether it's friend or foe, their dead buried, and all your dancing on their grave make you look like an ass, in the old days grave pissing was enough to start wars, keep this in mind, because this day and age, your life is sacrificed for the safety of the family.

Rule fourteen:
Don't Beg.

Self explanatory, No, I don't want it. No, I'm not giving it to you. No, your begging won't help. Just don't beg.

Rule fifteen:
Enjoy Life!

We all come back, Reincarnated threw our children, enjoy life, it's not like you'll never live again.

Rule sixteen:
Your Leader is Always Right.

No matter how many journals, diaries, stories and myths you've heard, the boss is ALWAYS right... In signing the rules when you joined the crew, you signed away your life to your Crew leader, some Leaders will allow members to input on his or her choices, but in the end, it's up to your boss, if your boss says Jump, You ask how high, not why.

Rule Seventeen:
Don't expect to live if you don't tell your boss your going on Vacation.

Walking out the door and not coming back for a month will have you walking back in to find a gun to your head, boom... your dead.

Rule eighteen:
Earn your invite.

Treat this as a job interview, give a list of your lines history in good detail, make it worth reading, make it interesting, none of this "Can I has a Invit?" One liners should be ignored...

Rule nineteen:
Respect the Dead.

Funerals are places for family members to come to say good bye, if you must celebrate victory, private pubs and houses are good places to do so, Funeral's are a place of respect and goodbyes. So much like whispers, Respect should be shown at all times or face death.

Rule Twenty:
Respect a person's wish to be left alone. If a person doesn't want to be bother, than don't bother them.

Take a hint, if some one says bug off, bug off, you don't make friends by bugging people.

Also, if some one comes to you with a question about the game, be polite,

And my final point:

Though it's not required that you follow these, respect yourself and those around you and keep them in mind. And when in doubt, keep in mind the golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have done to you.

I'd like to thank the Crew leaders who helped me, my friends and any one else who inputted into this. just thought I'd toss that out.

And just for clarification, These are not rules, these are guild lines, this is a code of conduct, Live life in the way you sleep best at night after. Live, Love, Wonder... Luxuria Signing off.
Report Post Tip
Very nice rules, Luxuria, but I do have to disagree with Rule Eighteen. Any Boss who expects details of a family line history should be shot dead, right in the face, reincarnated, then shot in the private parts.

Trust me, this is not a practice we want to get into here. I have relatives who have worked in parts where this information was not only mandatory, but it determined whether or not you were accepted into a family and whether you ever ranked past the minimum automatic promotions.

This excess in paranoia will result in a dwindling population where only a certain few are accepted. It's ugly and has no place here.
Report Post Tip
Your right, this shouldn't become practice. I wasn't meaning that as a format, but suggestions, hell, my last request for family was about three inches long, and not one name mentioned, job titles, sure, traits, sure, no names though.
Report Post Tip
I like your rules, Luxuria. A set of guidelines that would help any mafioso.
Report Post Tip
These are not only well written but also easy to understand and reflecting the respect we should have for one another.

This society thrives when we all show mutual respect for one another, even if it's only in public.

Thank you for rules 13, 15 and 18.
Report Post Tip
thank you, hope is that sooner or later this world will turn around and respect will work it's way back into the make up. we'll see.
Report Post Tip
Very nice work. Good read.
Report Post Tip
I have read part 1 and also part 2, and learned a lot, thank you Luxuria for taking the time to write these!!

-Dead2x-
Report Post Tip
I like these rules and i think its good that the Newer Mafiosi can see this to become as great as some of us are.
Report Post Tip
I like the rules but they need a little changing. I am hoping you make a third page
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Unwritten Rules of Mafia Etiquette, Part 2.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL