Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:48:28
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Mafia Trivia Contest - 4th of April Started by: Scipita on Mar 25, '09 15:28
*In New York there are currently 4 crews, which crewleader is missing from this list - The Messiah, ThomasRourke, Premier and .....???

*What is the minimum time required to rank from Earner to Wise guy?

*Who was the first MafiaReturns godfather?

If you can answer these questions, I might have something interesting for you!

Today I approach you all to inform you that on Saturday the 4th of April a Mafia Trivia contest will be held.

This contest will be held on IRC avenue, a total of 100 mafia related questions will be asked by our own special quizhost Mr. MafiaQuiz.

All questions are mafia related, questions will be asked exactly the same way as they're now being asked in #trivia except the content of the questions is purely based on our world.

If you're unfamiliar with IRC trivia please pay a visit to IRC avenue and join #trivia.

The contest is very very simple, to enter you must pay 50k to "MafiaQuiz". This will buy you a ticket to enter in the contest.

Please note that you should NOT transfer money to me but to the accuont "MafiaQuiz" . This is a special account protected by the gods.

Crewleaders and Godfathers will get special VIP seats, we will make special arrangements for some gorgeous waitresses and some fine cuban cigars.

Once the 50k is received you will receive a MobMail confirming your entry. The entry fee is non-refundable, if (god forbid) you happen to die on your way to the contest, that's too bad.

In a contest there's always a price!

1st: 50% of the total sum of money raised by entry fee's

2nd: 30% of the total sum of money raised by entry fee's

3rd: 10% of the total sum of money raised by entry fee's

So example, 25 people decided to join the contest. Thats 25x 50,000 = 1,250,000
1st: 625,000

2nd: 375,000

3rd: 125,000

Not bad eh? all easy accesable by showing of knowledge!

As a bonus the gods have decided to throw in some more goodies for EVERYONE that enters this contest.

1st place - 3 Bodyguards

2nd place - 2 Bodyguards

3rd place - 1 Bodyguard

PLUS! for every answer correct you'll get a free crackdown! This goes for all the participants, not just the top 3.

As mentioned previously, this contest will take place on the 4th of April at 16:00 local mafia time.

Registration closes at the 3rd of April at 16:00, a list of competitors will be posted in the streets, together with the exact price money.

Route:

To get to the quizlocation you simply follow the IRC avenue instructions and look for the room called #mafiaquiz , on IRC the producer of the show will be present at least 1 hour before we start.

Please forward any questions you might have to me in mobmail or here.

As ever,

Mrs. Rianne Scipita
Report Post Tip
This is absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to take part.

Your accountant makes note that $50,000 has been wired to MafiaQuiz from your account.
Report Post Tip
I imagine my length of being here will certainly be a handicap for me in this contest, but I do oh so enjoy #trivia and this is merely a trivial sum. Count me in.

Your accountant makes note that $50,000 has been wired to MafiaQuiz from your account.

TAKE THAT!
Report Post Tip
Anything to get a chance to beat ApolloJustice in the court- er.. IRC room!

Report Post Tip
Let me say I am very pleased with the quick entries!

600,000 prizepool so far and a good 9 days to go :)

This is going to be THE event to be guys!
Report Post Tip
Your accountant makes note that $250,000 has been wired to mafiaquiz from your account.

The following is payment for any and all of my people (except Scipita and ForkRourke obv.) to enter the contest if they so choose. List as follows:

ThomasRourke

Noir

Alfieri

Butt_Ox

TamaRourke
Report Post Tip
I'm so down!

Report Post Tip
Scipita,

I, and anyone from my family interested, will defiantly be attending. Hell, i will personally pay for them to participate. This is a great opportunity for the mafia world to participate in a friendly competition, that doesn't involve guns or violence.

The money will be sent in bulk when I know who from my family will be participating.
Report Post Tip
Excuse me again, but I have a question.

Are the questions dealing with the current dealings, or Mafia History? If so, how far back in history are the questions going to be going?
Report Post Tip
Money sent on through.

This is a really good idea. Everyone should take part in this if their daily business allows. All it takes is two decent drug runs at most for the lowest of ranks. More than worth it for just answering ONE question and recieving a free crackdown from the 'all knowing'
Report Post Tip
when does it start?
Report Post Tip
$1,200,000 prize pool and counting!

Questions will be based on mostly current Mafia, a little about certain famous bloodlines and players (IRC), a little about history and a little about movies and such. But the current mafiareturns will definately be the red line in the quiz.

The contest will be held on the 4th of April starting at 16:00! Registration closes 24 hours in advance.
Report Post Tip
I'm going to have to beef up on my mafia knowledge because after a prolonged absence, I know as much about current mafia affairs as Butt_Ox does about not sleeping with your girlfriend.
Report Post Tip

Excellent idea.
Report Post Tip
This sucks that I won't be around much on April 4th. If you plan on making another one of these contests, maybe during the week, I would be glad to enter.
Report Post Tip
Heh such a shame you can't make it. I've to say it's been quite a struggle getting 100 questions together so I don't think there will be another one anytime soon. Though, the more time passes the more questions shall arise.

To all it may concern; Kindly be advised that once you've paid the entry fee it will not be refundable.
Report Post Tip
Just to keep you updated.

Marietta has given 3,000,000 as a donation towards this contest.

This means that currently 4,400,000 has been raised... Let me calculate this for you...

1st place 2,200,000 + 3BG's

2nd place 1,320,000 + 2BG's

3rd place 440,000 + 1BG

This is all available at a buy in of just 50,000!!

Every buy in will raise the prize pool.
Report Post Tip
Mar 26, '09 13:52 Your accountant has made payment of $50,000 to MafiaQuiz.
Report Post Tip
As a side note, with the huge ammount of entries I am considering opening up rewards for 4th and 5th place.

If we go over 5,000,000 this will be the case, keep an eye on the topic for more information!
Report Post Tip
I will be happy to play if one of the prizes is "a night alone with Scipita."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafia Trivia Contest - 4th of April
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL