Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 08:00:05
Page:  1 
Associates - A few questions to debate. Started by: ForkRourke on Mar 25, '09 19:20
If a sponsor dies, should the associate be auto-absorbed into the family?

Or should they just retain the sponsors name in the profile and require the family to invite them in?

If a sponsor gets demoted below the required rank of mademan, does he lose his associate?

If a sponsor sends an invite to a newbie, how long should the invite go unaccepted until he can send another? (Keep in mind you can only have one invite at any given time, regardless if its accepted or not, but the goal is to not have people send invites to everything that moves)

Should the CL have an HQ wack button over the associate?

Should the Sponsor have an HQ wack button over the associate?
Report Post Tip
"If a sponsor sends an invite to a newbie, how long should the invite go unaccepted until he can send another?"

I think CL's should be able to Send out as many Invites As He/She wants or at least More then one.

I well get back to you on the other questions.
Report Post Tip

If a sponsor dies, should the associate be auto-absorbed into the family? Or should they just retain the sponsors name in the profile and require the family to invite them in?

I would say just retain the sponsors name, and perhaps the CL themselves get a message. Leaning towards the optimistic side of the people who play here, I'd like to hope that the CL takes the time to speak to one of their guy's associates or at least asks the sponsor for an opinion on the guy/gal, but barring that they don't maybe the CL should have the choice to reassign an associate to a new sponsor or add them to the official family.

If a sponsor gets demoted below the required rank of mademan, does he lose his associate?

Yes. This is obviously a feature that is a perk for those who are "Made" or apart of the "Inner Family", so if they lose that rank they should lose the perks too. I wouldn't however make this an automatic feature, just in case the associate gets dropped and random wacked, but make it be the responsibility of the CL or RH to make sure he/she is reassigned to a new sponsor before the actual demotion occurs. Unless that's too complicated. :/

If a sponsor sends an invite to a newbie, how long should the invite go unaccepted until he can send another? (Keep in mind you can only have one invite at any given time, regardless if its accepted or not, but the goal is to not have people send invites to everything that moves)

Three days. Chances are that someone who plans on playing the game faithfully will log back in within the first 48 hours of playing (hence why we see so many under 48s or unsponsored over 48s). That extra 24 hours is just a grace period. It's almost like the new ranking rule- you have to wait three days between each invite/rank.

Hell yes! If they're working for their guys, the CL should definitely have control over whom makes money on the behalf of their family.

The part of me that again has the optimistic outlook on the players here wants to say yes. If someone is Made rank, they should have enough responsibility to keep track of their own guys and not abuse the HQ wack feature. Since Made hardly seems to hold the prestige it used to, however, I'm going to say no for the sake of the noobs. (No offense to anyone who is Made rank or higher.)
Report Post Tip
GM Marietta the only objection I have to your answers is to the HQ wack of the sponsor over the associate.

Its the CL who decides to give this person the responsibility to be a Made Man and therefor the CL feels they deserve the right to be a Made Man and to have power over this associate. If they are respected,trusted,and loyal enough to be given the rank of Made Man which used to be a very treasured rank then they should be trusted to be given the power to HQ the person they have working under them and not abuse this power.

This new feature that the God's are working on should if the CL's use it right and begin to look harder at who they give the rank of Made Man to should restore the prestige the rank used to hold.
Report Post Tip
That's a good point Gio- hopefully most people do change their views towards the rank of Made Man over time with this new feature.

At this current moment in time, however, where some families (not all so for the love of sammiches don't take offense) are just clicking promotion buttons wildly or are even whoring in members for numbers rather than quality, how can we be sure that a majority of those who hold the rank really do embody what you (and I for that matter) feel a Made Man should- respect, trust, loyalty?

It's too hard to tell. Every leader is different. I know some families are currently promotion based on merit, I know some are currently promoting based on the want/need for higher rankers, or even based off of the amount of money that is wired into their bank accounts. If there isn't a uniform system for promoting a Made, then each family will be different.

I would just hate to see, weeks from now, one or perhaps two families with several sponsors HQ wacking their associates for crappy reasons.
Report Post Tip
I agree with you 100%.

But with new ways of how to do things in our world being given to us. Its a chance I'm willing to take. If the worse should come of this and we have those abusing this hq feature given to them the CLs will be forced to change their ways of promoting as other Cl's will grow tired of the abuse and force their hand in one way or another.

Its a game of politics.

"Would I rather have my hand forced and possibly taken out just because I'm a money grubbing sob or would I rather promote the right way and know that I can trust those I give the power and responsibility to and make even more money by having more profitable members in my family?"

I would choose the latter.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Gio and Mari with most of the questions, except the final two.

In my eyes, the HQ button is.. unrealistic. It gives the CL power over things he/she shouldn't be able to control. Which is why I don't feel it should be available to anyone the CL sponsors- directly or indirectly. I understand that it helps to take care of "thug problems", but other than that, I feel it shouldn't be available to be used on the new associate.
Report Post Tip
The first time I read this, I had no idea what you were talking about, Fork. Only now after looking at a few profiles, do I see that some major changes in family structure have been made. Maybe someone should explain the changes that have been made before we go about discussing it?
Report Post Tip
If a sponsor dies, should the associate be auto-absorbed into the family? Or should they just retain the sponsors name in the profile and require the family to invite them in?

I vote for auto-absorb. Although... can a CL still sponsor associates themselves? Can they only sponsor one? Theoretically, if all they Made Men in a family get taken down are these associates still in the CLs crew? I lean towards yes for the last one, hence my auto-absorb.

Absolutely. Not only does this help make Made Man more important, but it is much more realistic.

Once a day.

Yes. If the HQ wack button exists and a CL can wipe out any Made Man with the push of a button, he or she damn well had better be able to do the same thing to take care of an earner who's working for them.

No, but they should be able to see where they are. Like the "management-crew" page, except "management-associate".
Report Post Tip
Usually im a man of many words but this time ill stick to saying a one liner... I agree completely with Marietta's first response. I agree with 95% of that, the only thing that im a bit weary of is the time limit of the invite. I understand where Marietta is getting her "3" day mark, but in all honesty if someone logs on after the first 48 hrs without a sponsor, the odds are they will be swimmin faster then they can find out where to press accept on the invite. So due to that very reason, i would give that invite 48 hrs...and if feeling a bit charitable 72 hrs. Not that im a proponent of killing the woken gangsters, but i know how this little mob of our works and most of the times a 48+ hr unspons won't see the light of day again.
Report Post Tip
First off, I'm assuming that as you gain a higher rank, the more associates a sponsor can have right? Ie. Made Men can have 3, Capo can have 5, Boss can have 7 and so on and so forth (I'm picking numbers out of thin air, no idea what you've decided).

Or should they just retain the sponsors name in the profile and require the family to invite them in?

I believe they should be auto-absorbed, in the event of a sponsor dying unexpectedly, such as a random wack or wackback. Unless there is a possibility of a second sponsor, a reserve sponsor if you will, who picks up all of the dead sponsor's associates?

Yes, being a sponsor with associates should be a priviledge that can only be possessed by those Made Man and over, whatever the circumstances.

If it is like the family invite idea, then would it not be possible for the sponsor to delete the invite if it isn't accepted, therefore meaning that an auto-delete feature or something along those lines would be deemed unnecessary?

Most definitely, since he will be the one who would take the hit if one of his family's associates was random-wacking.

I'm hesitant here. As much as I want to say yes, knowing that Marietta darling is right when she says that some leaders do give out their Made buttons like candy in a sweet store is preventing me it. I'm going to have to say no, until Made is looked upon more highly, and the time has been restored where Made is given only to those who have earned it.

Report Post Tip
My friend who no longer plays also wanted to offer an opinion on this issue to assist the game and here it is:

Depends really on what you are aiming for. I am inclined to say neither of the above, they are free to go where they want and it would be up to others to offer protection.

Why do I think this. Well they shouldn't be auto absorbed because the CL didn't choose to invite them. If they had they wouldn't be an associate. Currently when I CL dies we don't retain the name in peoples profiles so why should we do the same in this situation, just seems a double standard.

Yes it's a privilege that went with the rank same as the extra drugs and felonies.

The invite technically should last until revoked, accepted, or declined. That covers sending an invite out and the person disappearing for two days leaving you high and dry.

Going to be controversial here. No they shouldn't. They have given a responsibility to someone to recruit associates that responsibility for the individual remains with that person just like it always did with Captains. We have seen in the past week when someone isn't available to make decisions others will regardless. I am sure most families have hitters capable of taking someone out.

Yes because they are responsible for that person.

Report Post Tip
"In my eyes, the HQ button is.. unrealistic. It gives the CL power over things he/she shouldn't be able to control. Which is why I don't feel it should be available to anyone the CL sponsors- directly or indirectly. I understand that it helps to take care of "thug problems", but other than that, I feel it shouldn't be available to be used on the new associate."

Ares i agree and it should only be used for thugs unless they make thugs killable which in my opinon they should and civ should be the only rank in which you are safe.

And its more realistic Mob bosses send hitmen or hitters to kill the oposing mobster...
Report Post Tip
I am going to agree with most of what is said except here is my opinion on a couple statements..

NO the CL should NOT have an HQ button over the associate.. A Mob boss in real life wouldn't even know most of the associates.

Mo the Sponsor should NOT have an HQ button... the sponsor is a member of a family not a family head, he or she doesn't have an HQ, if the associate screws up you simple deal with that associate..
Report Post Tip
I have only read a few peoples replies as the replies are long and I just want to get my opinion out there, so if I conflict with you oh well and if I say the same thing as you that just means I agree. Ok!

The family should still have to let them in. Just because their sponsor dies does not mean that they are worthy of being a part of that family officially. Perhaps they can be offered to join another made man within that family who does not have an associate?

Yeah, you aren't made you don't get to have associates. Simple as.

I am going to agree with Marietta on this one. Three days sounds good.

I have a thought on this, perhaps the Made man should be responsible for cleaning up his mess? It would teach some responsibility for another life, makes it more of an official order from the boss, and it helps some of us who are not as old on here kill friends easier. I know it sounds harsh but sometimes it has to be done. So what if the Made Man refuses you ask? Give the leader a button that ties the made man and the associates lives together. HQ them both if he refuses to HQ the associate because he shouldn't be not following his boss' direct orders.

Read above.
Report Post Tip

I believe that if an associate - a coined associate, should not be auto absorbed into the family - You are nothing more than an associate, and the said family, or the associate themself, has no obligation whatsoever to take in/join said family.

Requirements are requirements - If the sponsor is demoted, I'd say give the associate a grace period under the demoted sponsor for say, 12-24 hours, so he can find a new home.

If a sponsor sends an invite to a newbie, how long should the invite go unaccepted until he can send another?

Two days - the same as our current forty eight hour rule.

Seeing as they're not an official branch of the family - no.

If you've given your member enough responsibility to the point where they're a Made Man - then yes, they should have the right to excercise the HQ wack function - unless this is a sweeping feature for all made men+, perhaps the crewleader could choose at whim who can be a sponsor for said associates.. up to a maximum of maybe, around 10 per family?
Report Post Tip

Yes because he has took this role because his CL trust him as a Made man and they have earned it but if they ave been Demote they have lost that honour of having a associate.

I say 48 hours, it gives them enough time.

No because he has give the responibilty to the Made man and the associate is not part of their family just yet.

Am not sure on this one, but I am thinking no because he is just a member of a family and not a Crew leader if he has problems with the associate, He/she should shot the associate or take it up with their CL to sort the associate out.
Report Post Tip
There is an issue of course, with what will become legitimate targets, and the possibility of the abolishment of U48s, to be extended to more people, or less people, depending on how harsh the community/administration wish to be when it comes to legit shots...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Associates - A few questions to debate.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL