Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:37:41
Page:  1 
Step Down Gato, Step Up Gato Started by: LouisGato on Mar 29, '09 12:10
Louis approaches the young man and places a hand on his shoulder

"Tommy, you fathers death was a great loss to our Regime, but Signore Dent is right. It is beyond me how your father lead a double life, his efficiency within our HQ was greater than any I had ever seen, though you can surpass that and become something much more than he was"

The strip lighting in his office flickered, a slight buzz following it as the poor wiring faulted yet again. Louis couldn't find the effort to alter it though, he was tired. Issues had arose within his personal life that recently, clashed directly with business, and so put additional strain on the aging mobster.

Reaching for his tie, he tossed it over his head and around his neck, tightening the knot around his shirt collar, while watching his reflection in a long mirror to the corner of the room. His cufflinks lay on his desk, and he fastened them also, into position around his wrists. His jacket hung from the same coat peg that it had always been thrown upon, during his time in this office. He took it with one hand, letting it sit back on his shoulders once more before extinguishing his cigarette and stepping towards the door.

"Evening, Gentlemen"

Stood outside his door were both his brother, Sal, and LHM, Cruel. The two looked concerned, weary but as ever, eager to be of assistance. Gato looked to his LHM, a massive pushing power behind what his Regime had become, the next few minutes were going to be harder for Louis than he first anticipated.

"Cruel, you've always been there for us, now as always, you are going to be used to plug a gaping hole, only this time it's in Detroit."

His eyes were bloodshot, and his hair a distant cry from the styled glory it once held, but Louis knew he had to pass on his last orders before being able to finally having a clear head. He shot a glance over to Doc Santoro, who stood at the top of the stairs, ever doting and forever loyal, the man had been an inspiration to Louis over his time and proved his dedication to the city ten fold.

"Miss Rossi is waiting for you, you and Doc, you have a meeting to get to"

Cruel knew what this meant, he showed his appreciation to his former boss and took his leave. The two siblings were left standing there, Sal watching his brothers face for any signs he could pick up on that maybe Louis was not intending on revealing, but there was nothing.

"Sal, you are my kid brother, you've kept me smiling, kept me sane and kept me going all this time, but issues I cannot go into have strained on my ability to be around these parts and be as effective as I so wish to be."

Lighting up another cigarette, Louis continued

"So you're going to take over The Gato Regime, you're young, you have ideas and drive to be more for the city than I can be right now. As soon as Miss Rossi returns from business, you'll be taking lead"

Louis took a pair of tumblers from his desk, filled with a powerful whiskey. He gave it a smell, swirling the liquid in it's glass and taking the in aroma that spoke of a lifestyle and his lifetime. So much that could have been was now abandoned, his plans in tatters, it was unfortunate that the more docile, average and normal side of life had gotten the better of him, such was the cost.

Louis Gato smiled, raising the glass with Salvatore

"To Detroit, and the fucking future"
Report Post Tip
((I've no idea where the top section of text came from...))
Report Post Tip
Louis, I regret this day but admire your strength and unselfishness that has caused you to come to this decision, for that Salut Sir
Report Post Tip
Tommy is deeply saddened by this turn of events. To see such a dedicated boss leave in his prime. Thank you for LOUIS for everything you have done for me. I look forward to working with Sal as our new boss.

"Take care my friend and have fun in your retirement"

The Gato Regime will prosper still. We will not let you down.

With that Tommy takes a drink of brandy and salutes his Boss
Report Post Tip
Well, my friend it's sad to see a journey end. I've known you for quite a bit now, and I can say you're one of the most stand up guys I've met on these shores. Enjoy your retirement, Louis. You've earned it.

On that note, though - A new journey begins. Congratulations, Salvatore. Knowing your bloodline and you reputation, I have no doubt in my mind that you will do good for the city of Detroit.
Report Post Tip
Sorry to see this Louis. It has been brilliant having you as leader for this time, so I thank you for that.
Report Post Tip
To be honest, I have no idea what to say. I have mixed emotions about it. But I hope that where ever you are and what ever you're doing, you're ok. You and I go a long way back Louis. It was amazing getting to know you and working for with you and for you.
Report Post Tip
damn boss sorry to see this happen
Report Post Tip
Louis, my friend. I truly am sorry to see this happen. And I wish you the best, as always.
Report Post Tip
vincent meets up with Louis afterwards for a few strong wisky's, in usual circumstances vincent would often more than not only meet with louis to talk business but these were no ordinary circumstances. vincent walkes into a local italian back ally bar known well to vincent, bringing back nostalgic memories of Louis and himself talking about their future's with one another while enjoying the bar's strong wisky's, even in those days long past, vincent always knew that Louis would make something of himself

vincent orders the Mattino nebbia, the wisky they always used to drink when they were younger, translated as (Morning mist)

vincent sees Louis walk in, he walks over and grabs his hand whole heartedly before embracing him knowing the decision he had made. they both sat down in their usual place, vincent and Louis both took a sip of the wisky before them on the strong oak table, Louis sips the wisky after which a smile grows slowly, "Mattino Nebbia" louis says under his breath

vincent starts

"you will be gravely missed, a true, honest and great leader to us all in the regime"

"i always new you would be old friend"

"we have a lot to talk about"

the conversation continued deep into the night
Report Post Tip
Looking slightly depressed after hearing the speech made by Louis, Cruel approaches the podium to say a few words.

Louis, you were more than a crewleader to me, you was my friend. To hear this news is deeply ssad. I would like to thank you for the faith you shown in me, it was an honuor to erve you as LHM. I will always consider you family. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

creul turns his attention to Salvatore

Sal i would like to wish you the best of luck with TheGatoRegime. I know you wil do a wonderful job with the family and look forward to working alongside you. Good luck to you my friend.
Report Post Tip
Running a family is a hard enough task without outside circumstances. May your successor savour this role, good luck to both of you.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Step Down Gato, Step Up Gato
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL