Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 01:02:41
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Where has the honor gone? Started by: -Chase- on Mar 29, '09 21:08
Mar 29, '09 21:07 Aftershock has invited you to join his crew. (Accept) (Decline)

To: -Chase-

Sent: Mar 29, '09 21:07

Subject:

Alright, I'll send you an invite. You'll see the circle DL button flash.

——————————————————-

To: Aftershock

Subject:

Yes.

——————————————————-

Subject:

New to the game or need a crew?
Report Post Tip
sounds to me like you were asked a question and replied like an idiot...i see Aftershock here going our of his way to try to help you.

Quit being a idiot...
Report Post Tip
out*
Report Post Tip
Hmmm, have you thought that I let you join, then run threw the tutorial with you then show you your way. Let's face facts, there's many trigger happy mafioso's out there, sorry for being gracious and opening my arms to you.
Report Post Tip
What does this have to do with honor? As far as I'm concerned, the question should be "Where has my intelligence gone?"
Report Post Tip
Now what the fuck does this have to do with intelligence.

You want a benchmark for intelligence? Look in your toilet, compare yourself to that.

As far as trying to help me out, in no RP sense is this a way to approach it. Think what you want, but this does have to do with honor. If you cannot see this, then you too need to compare your intelligence to my shit.

So fuck you all, if you cannot see the problem with this situation, then piss off.
Report Post Tip
So, because we can't see a problem, we have to listen to you bitching about some messages?

1. You're a fucking civilian. You want "RP"? Why the fuck is a civilian talking to a mob boss?

2. Aftershock is new. Give him a break. Some people don't even bother to provide assistance to new folk. Instead of supporting kind endeavors, you're tearing them down, when he hasn't even fucking started yet.

3. Last I checked, you didn't HAVE to do any of this. Because, you aren't helping at all. Great job, jackass.

4. Finally, try being mature. Maybe if you could handle yourself with SOME aspect of dignity, you could find a family that actually wanted you. Rather than just an invite as soon as you join the game.
Report Post Tip
Also, by "Aftershock is new" I mean, he's a newly-authed leader. It has nothing to do with his past experience in this game.
Report Post Tip

1. You're a fucking civilian. You want "RP"? Why the fuck is a civilian talking to a mob boss?

Okay... In an RP sense why would a Consigliere approach a civilian. Sure to try and gain a faithful family member, but in a mobster sense, a Boss WOULD NEVER approach a civilian about work.

And I'm in Las Vegas, I can do whatever the fuck I want.. Right?

2. Aftershock is new. Give him a break. Some people don't even bother to provide assistance to new folk. Instead of supporting kind endeavors, you're tearing them down, when he hasn't even fucking started yet.

New?!?! Asylum (AKA Aftershock) is not new. He might be a newly appointed CL, but this does not mean he's an incompetent one. Saying that is slap to in the face.. To him, and the person who put him up for auth (Hypno). Aftershock knows the boundaries of crew whoring.

3. Last I checked, you didn't HAVE to do any of this. Because, you aren't helping at all. Great job, jackass.

You right, I'm not helping, and I am a jackass. Got a fuckin problem?

4. Finally, try being mature. Maybe if you could handle yourself with SOME aspect of dignity, you could find a family that actually wanted you. Rather than just an invite as soon as you join the game.

Find a family that wants me?

Oh no, it's much more fun to be whored.

And for the record, I can get a family.
Report Post Tip
Oh sorry, it's not April 1st...

I loose.
Report Post Tip
Whoring? Hardily. Whoring is inviting without trying, had you accepted you would have been appointed to Help->Tutorial and other nifty things you learn as a newbie, oh and I'm sorry for helping our community grow, or try at the least. If I left it up to noobs to come to me, we'd be screwed.

Slap in the face to me? Not really. I am newly appointed to CL that's true but not new as you obviously new. I'm recruiting, 1) to get members 2) to help the game and the new players 3) Because I simply can.

Also, you want honor? How does this point towards needing honor? I open up my arms to give you a chance to learn and move up, yet you throw it in my face? That shows no honor at all you inbred.

We all know my bloodline has a horrible past and some may think it's ridiculous that I've been authed, but more the less people have taken to it and accepted it's a new/fresh change. So my recruiting ways aren't 100% RP, but I'm looking out for new players and the user base, I've recruited for OTHER families and countless of them have gone on to be made man+ and they admitted had I not come to them they probably wouldn't have given this game the time of day. So is that whoring? No not at fucking all.

Talk shit all you want, I get the job done and it works.
Report Post Tip
Well thought out response there...

Oh wait. No it wasn't.
Report Post Tip
So let me get this straight..

You went out of your way to respond in a way to Aftershock's question that would have him believe you were new to the game and in need of a crew, accepted his invite after it had been sent (and after you had technically requested it), then created a thread in OOC containing the mail that proves Aftershock was just trying to help a new player in need of a crew in order to attempt to prove your point that there is no honour left in recruiting, whereas it only shows that Aftershock was attempting to steer a new player in the right direction?

Well done.
Report Post Tip
Have to say Alfieri, Not that I agree with anything Chase Says Here, He never in those mails asked for an invite or accepted it.
Report Post Tip
No, not quite.

I said yes to prove a point.

By bringing this out in the open, it allows us to create structure to fix our mistakes. If this game is truly about honor and RPing, then we are headed in the wrong direction.

This post was not really a personal attack. More of a chance to fix the problems we have overlooked.

We all know that Aftershock is not the only person to do this.

Blah. To much arguing for today.

You want an explanation? MM me.
Report Post Tip
"New to the game or need a crew?"

"Yes."

Not only does replying yes confirm to Aftershock that he is either new, needs a crew, or both, it also makes him look stupid, which is even more of a reason for Aftershock to try and help him out, signified by Aftershock having to explain in the reply that an invite will be seen at the flashing icon.
Report Post Tip
I thought you were quitting because you finally have a girlfriend? Yet, you have been here without interruption since you made that announcement.

On a side note, I've been banging her 24/7, which is probably why you are still hanging around.
Report Post Tip
After posting this thread, Ares approached me and we had a little conversation. Read from the bottom up, While in the thread we started off a little hostile towards each other. (This was OOC)

In game is a little different. After a little conversation, I can definitely come to respect a person like this.

To: Ares

Subject:

It could be, at this point in time though, I have no motivation.

Like I said, I'm just scoping things out to see if they take a turn in a good direction.

Once they do I'll be here.

——————————————————-

Subject:

Ahhh yes. Adamine. That was the one I was trying to remember.

Well. I would LOVE to see you rank up and get a gun. That could be useful someday. ;)

——————————————————-

Subject:

Yes, that would be me.

I've used The_Falcon a couple of times.

Also "Adamine" "Heaven" "Woozi"

And a few othes, can't remember too much.

——————————————————-

Subject:

By the way, are you the same "Chase" as... umm.. "The_Falcon"? (I can't recall any other of his/your accounts.)

——————————————————-

Subject:

Which is true.

But the game is unpredictable. (IE:Wackback)

Lots of things can alter the course of MR's future. With, or without a reset. Just because the game is focused on guns doesn't mean things can't change. Because they can.

Things just take time. That's why I am here, I'm not playing, but I like to see where things go. Once I see some things I like, I might put some effort into a character.

I love the game. I am interested in the way people approach things and how things turn out... Which again is why I am here.

——————————————————-

Subject:

The game, as it is now, is focused on guns. Because of that, "honorable" people can't win. If we shifted the focus of the game a bit, changes could occur.

There's no way a rogue could kill the leaders now-a-days. With EWP GFs that are fucking married. Kinda sad that we have to put up with this until a reset.

——————————————————-

Subject:

Not saying theres not a way to fix it.

Because there is. Although at this point in time were not going to see a dramatic change over time.

But that's what I've always loved about the game. The userbase is in charge, things happen that people can't prepare for. We can go through a recession and come out of it. We have multiple ideas, and multiple ways of putting them across. Like life, things won't get better overnight. But Mafiareturns will have it's hayday.

——————————————————-

Subject:

Well. I guess I should just retire then. If there's no way to fix it?

——————————————————-

Subject:

I have plenty ideas on how to fix it.

Although, it would never happen. The people in charge now are alot of the problem. Look around, shit like this happens on a daily basis. Changing things for the better would really consist of getting rid of some people in power.

And because they're in power it means that it will not happen. In order to restore the game, we need to restore the honor. In order to restore the honor we need honorable people in power..

Kind of a catch 22.

And yes, I understand OOC is different. No hard feelings there. Everyone has there opinions.

——————————————————-

Subject:

In OOC we can bitch at each other, but I'd like to actually ask you something.

You seem like an old player of sorts. You've noticed what's wrong with modern MR. Do you have any ideas on how to fix it?
Report Post Tip
Posting private conversations? I certainly hope you had permission from Ares to do this. If not, that seems rather... dishonorable of you. Regardless of what sorts of silly things you're discussing.
Report Post Tip
Of course I did.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Where has the honor gone?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL