Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:29:18
Page:  1 
A Rogue's Journal Started by: Mongo on Mar 30, '09 08:59

Entry: Sunday, March 29, 1938

WildTurkey was gunned down today. No one saw it coming. No one knew, except Marietta. She sent everyone a telegram following his death saying there were "Personal Issues". As far as I'm concerned, she killed my boss. She said everyone would get 72 hours of protection, but Sao was shot moments after. Not sure what that's about.

I'm a Capo. My boss had entrusted me, not only with the rank of Made Man, but with the rank of Capo. I couldn't join another family. My job in life was to protect the boss, and when he dies, I can't just go off and do the same for someone I don't know. I need to avenge my boss, or die trying.

Ok. I spoke with a few people. I'm going to rogue. But, it's not really a rogue, since I'm not buying out of my family. I'm not disloyal. I'm loyal to an extremity. We'll see how this goes down.

I set up, I took the shot, I missed. Eh, I couldn't expect a hit. She's Extremely Well Protected, and a godfather. Now I'm just writing in here cause I have nothing better to do. I knew I had 1 shot on her. No reason to assemble a pro shot. Time to die.

My father, Ares, was not well when he wrote this. He was suffering from insanity and paranoia. When his boss went down, he went crazy. He started shooting his own bodyguards, he got all riled up, and set up. The rest, is history.

I'm not going to make excuses for my father's actions. I came to the streets so that everyone knows no one is at fault, except Ares. He made his own decision. It was a stupid one, and I hope that choice doesn't reflect on WildTurkey, Paradox, or me. I am not my father.

Ares lays the journal entry on the table for anyone to read, and walks off.
Report Post Tip
"I am not my father.

Ares lays the journal entry on the table for anyone to read, and walks off. "

What? You just called yourself your father's name. Hmmmm.
Report Post Tip
My apologies. I guess mental illness is genetic. :
Report Post Tip
Sal looks at the worried son of his old friend Ares.

"No worries, son. I don't think you suffer from your fathers mental illness. I knew your father and I really held him in high esteem and it saddens me to know that he is gone. You are indeed not your father and I'm sure you'll do great things in the future."
Report Post Tip

Ok. I spoke with a few people. I'm going to rogue. But, it's not really a rogue, since I'm not buying out of my family. I'm not disloyal. I'm loyal to an extremity. We'll see how this goes down.

I think you'll find, going rogue is disloyal, in fact, going rogue is probably one of the most disloyal and disrespecting actions a mafioso can do, I have no respect for those who pull these stunts.

I liked your father, although never really getting to know him, I felt he was going places, but rogue? I never saw that being the road he was ever going to take.

Your correct, your father didn't buy out, he didn't have to due to the recent fall of his leader, but all thew same, what your father done was wrong and he paid the price.

I hope you find it in yourself to not follow your fathers footsteps in the bad times, but perhaps follow them down the road to success which is where I believed your father was heading.

When a leader dies, it's not an excuse to set up your own HQ and make a mockery of our system as mafioso's, it's a chance to make their souls proud and let them see us carry on in life and prove just how strong we are as people to not let us feel so low, that we have to do stupid things.
Report Post Tip
<tommy killa="" knows="" what="" is="" like="" to="" lose="" a="" father="" hs="" didnt="" go="" rogue="" but="" he="" was="" considered="" double="" agent="" tommy="" wont="" down="" the="" same="" road="" as="" his="" once="" took="" onto="" big="" and="" better="" things="">

I didnt know your father, but Mongo you are not your father, just be yourself and work hard and everything will be all right.</tommy>
Report Post Tip
Frankie I have a different take on what Mongo's father did. I don't believe rogue is the term that should be used here. WildTurkey had been killed for actions unknown to many in our society. Ares awoke to find his family head dead, this was the person Ares was most loyal to. From what I can see here, the loyalty Ares felt was very strong and deep. He chose a course of action that mirrored that loyalty. Instead of finding shelter in the nearest home he attempted to prepare himself and then attacked the on who had murdered his boss.

Mongo while what fathers decision was not the brightest it was understandable within the circumstances.

Parts of this worry me, have we as a society fallen so far that we won't look to avenge our fallen bosses? Okay so not just any Godfather did this, the main lady on the stage did, but does that mean the fallen leaders family should just sit back and nod their head like sheep?
Report Post Tip
My opinion. Ares took Loyalty to the grave with him. Yes, he was called a rogue. But he only did what he thought in his mind was the right thing to do and died for the cause he believed in.

Parts of this worry me, have we as a society fallen so far that we won't look to avenge our fallen bosses? Okay so not just any Godfather did this, the main lady on the stage did, but does that mean the fallen leaders family should just sit back and nod their head like sheep?

When a leader dies, what can the now homeless family members do? Either they can accept the leader died for whatever reason and ask others to let them into their family, or, they can extract revenge and go out with guns blazing.

La Cosa Nostra has Godfathers and Dons for a reason. They make a decision that only they can make, this isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship of sorts. Granted there are people that aren't happy with some of these actions, but they know that's how life is. They can challenge that Don or Godfather that made them un-happy and end up dead. Situation over.

Or they can respect that decision and move on with their life.
Report Post Tip
Your right Carmine this is a form of dictatorship and in a dictatorship society what happens to an opponents army when the head is taken out? Do they just turn their guns over to whoever will take them and enlist in active service? No if they are lucky they will receive a quick death, if they aren't capture and imprisonment is their fate.

Now I know that we are not in any army, but for the one we serve we are a form of soldier. We live for our boss and we die for our boss. We don't just say oh well, such and such had a personal problem with them over there and just so we don't lose our pretty little positions we'll all bow down and accept that we have to find other homes.

I could understand if Wildturkey's death was an accident but it wasn't. It was a planned murder. Yes I am aware that his son has come out here and said that it was personal between him and Marietta, but frankly that disgusts me a little. It dishonours the family who worked for him, those who trusted him to do everything in his power to keep his family safe.
Report Post Tip

kay so not just any Godfather did this, the main lady on the stage did, but does that mean the fallen leaders family should just sit back and nod their head like sheep?

Yes. Because I am their Godfather. They worked for my Don. As long as they were in my city, they should remain loyal to me regardless of what I say or do. If they don't like it, I urge them to speak to me and I will gladly shoot them between the eyes.

I didn't have to explain my actions to you, the public, but I did explain things to Detroit and the citizens within. Many of them seem okay with how things have gone. Only once in awhile will you get a complete worm like we have here: a man who was upset that his chance at Right Hand was stolen from him, so he will lash out, then send his son in to fill the shoes that he left behind hoping no one noticed.
Report Post Tip
Marietta in their eyes they worked for their boss, not your Don. I think they will be more trustworthy to him than they are to you. They knew him as a close friend and someone who took care of them.

They see you as the lady who gives them orders once in a while, and they obey them just because their friend/boss tells them too.

You may have had good reasons for your actions and i am not saying otherwise, but in their eyes you killed their good friend.

So their actions are pretty normal.

I would not hesitate to do the same for my boss.

So when you are saying that he was your Don, they dont care. It is still their boss :)
Report Post Tip
Still their Boss? Understandable. I still extended them the courtesy of living, under my protection at that, through the entire tragedy however. They were loyal to him, yes, so therefore I could have killed them all and not taken any chances- saved myself a few headaches, correct? I could have had a hitsquad on them, squashed out every single last living LSN.

But I didn't.

I didn't because I care for my city and the people in it, despite who or what they think I am to them. This man in question used the first 24 hours of my protection and then decided that he wanted to end me. He used me, and then he disrespected me.

And now his son sits before you all, repenting his father's actions. Hoping that we will all look past this and move on. Yes, I will move on. But I will hold Mongo in no higher regard than his Father, who shot at me, nor his Great-Grandfather, who also tried to kill me. Mongo's bloodline must think my memory poor, to forget such instances. I, however, am starting to see a trend.
Report Post Tip
First of all, my "bloodline" had a grand history of loyalty until you came along. I wonder why...? Anyways, I am not here to repent my father's actions. My goal was to make sure no physical repercussions would come on anyone besides my father, or I.

Only once in awhile will you get a complete worm like we have here: a man who was upset that his chance at Right Hand was stolen from him, so he will lash out...

Oh now we've resorted to name-calling. Congratulations. Now, as for my father's reasons. You had never contacted him during his life. You don't know him. You don't know his reasons. Maybe.. he just got bored? You wouldn't know.

I didn't because I care for my city and the people in it, despite who or what they think I am to them. This man in question used the first 24 hours of my protection and then decided that he wanted to end me. He used me, and then he disrespected me.

First, Ares didn't request any protection. As a matter of fact, he kindly informed everyone who offered him an invite that he wasn't going to join another family. Because joining another family would be disrespectful. Not sticking up for the man who promoted him to made man? That's like spitting on his grave. Secondly, I didn't use you. No one shot at Ares. No one did anything that required your intervention. As for the disrespect, I'd say it would be more disrespectful to let WildTurkey AND Sao die without any action against the assailants.

But I will hold Mongo in no higher regard than his Father, who shot at me, nor his Great-Grandfather, who also tried to kill me.

You can hold me in whatever regard you like. This speech wasn't to impress you. As for my great-grandfather, when did he try to kill you? Do you have record of these shots he took? Of course not. Because you killed him based on hearsay. I thought you "Cared for your city and the people in it, despite what they think I am to them." The first Ares was in MickeyRourke's (GRHS) crew. He was a Detroit member. Also a Capo. Yet, rather than take any time to sort the mess, you killed him. Yeah... That's really caring.

Now, I didn't come back out here to argue with you. For all I care, you didn't even need to show up. As far as this "trend" you see, take a good look at both times. 1. Ares was killed for...? 2. Ares was killed for standing up for his family. I guess that's obviously a horrible trend.
Report Post Tip
"Secondly, I didn't use you. No one shot at Ares. No one did anything that required your intervention."

No one shot at your father because everyone was under direct orders not to shoot any members of WildTurkey's family. Had nothing ever been said, you can bet a good amount that someone would've take a shot at you for being homeless.

I'd say you had some protection there, wouldn't you?
Report Post Tip
Wow, if Ares got bored I'm rather glad he never achieved any position of power, then. He could've devastated Paradox's family had he actually joined with him. Good move then, Ares. Thanks for showing us your true colors before it was too late.

And no, you didn't make this speech to impress me. I get that. You made this speech to put on a good face for the public, so that they wouldn't think any less of you for your father's actions. Don't play coy, boy! I see right through you!

And the trend, I'm noticing, is that when shit hits the fan your family line likes to try and take me out. The original Ares was killed for treason. He was sold out by his friends. Ha. Ares the second took a pot shot at me because his leader died. Sure, noble, if you see it that way. I also see it as a blatant disregard for the woman who worked for the city, and thus, to keep your Father alive.

But whatever, that's cool. Go peddle your sob stories and try to gain sympathy. See you later.
Report Post Tip
i see exactly where your coming from cept i went a different route
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Rogue's Journal
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL