Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 10:52:07
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
New members 24hr breathing space Started by: CristianoRonaldo on Nov 15, '14 01:00

Basically as there is problems in the current situation regarding recruiting, I suggest that new members on these shores get 24hrs before people are able to contact them unless they have completed certain jobs. I believe this will resolve alot of issues that we are currently having...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think they would need to be able to reply to mail sent to them by new players. 

Report Post Tip

Aye yeah i agree with that i was more thinking if the person hasn't mailed you then your not able to send a mail to them

Report Post Tip

My suggestion is the leaders of the game come together and decide what they determine to be acceptable practices when it comes to recruitment and then actually instill that in their sponsors. All of the tools are there for this not to be an issue and yet it is and continues to be, generation after generation. This is a fault we can eradicate, if we so choose. 

Report Post Tip

Yeah but i think the gods could put something in place so new members don't get spammed as soon as they arrive to these shores..

it will help the whole entire situation overall

Report Post Tip

But the admins coding something is only going to mask the cause of the problem as new members being spammed with invites is a consequence of poor recruitment practices, not the game itself. You should always treat the root cause and not the symptom. 

If all the leaders stopped and educated all of their guys on what was expected, I'm sure this could very quickly be nipped in the bud. Conversely, if you continue to accept people doing this, it will keep happening because it is the easiest way to get another warm body in the door and the admin coding is irrelevant. 

Report Post Tip

Like i said in Achilles thread earlier its very competitive and yes something like giving people a 24hr breathing space would actually allow them to get a feel for the game and be able to go around and do jobs for certain families within that 24hrs so they would be able to be contacted. People are quick to blame leaders but isn't everybody doing it.....

Report Post Tip

(Can someone please remove my prior post? Formatting disaster. Thanks)

I'm sorry if it appears like I'm having a go at you specifically, but it is the leaders who are completely in control of this. Who else is there really to point the finger at when it is they who designate the sponsors who are causing the problem? If you are dissatisfied with the recruiting practices of the guys you nominated to do it, remove their rights until they are better educating and trained in the process so that they can do it properly.

Personally, I would have no problem with mail being disabled altogether until after the tutorial period has been completed/opted out of and then subsequently allow an applicant to choose whichever family they want without the "hey, how are you?" mails. Either they complete the tutorial and they get a message saying you've done jobs for x, y & z, do you want to join any of these families; they opt out and choose whoever they want or  they can continue to keep looking and do more jobs. This would then continue until they select a family to join. Once they have done this, the game notifies the CL, RHM, LHM or available sponsor that someone wants to join the family and then they can be contacted by them at this stage and not before. It becomes less of a free for all and has the added bonus of preventing people who would not actually play the game, from getting into families and rotting there needlessly.

Report Post Tip

Barry, I believe you and Cristiano are saying essentially the same thing, or the same general concept. It pains me to say, but it's not just sponsors doing this. I've seen Crew Leaders outright whore members, including invites to new members who have yet to even send a mail. I've seen the same from hands. By removing them from the active list for 24 hours, that can be avoided. In my humble opinion, the best thing would be a blend of what's been said.

Remove them from showing on the active list for 24 hours.

They can only be messaged once they have completed x amount of jobs.

If, after 24 hours they have not completed the tutorial, or any jobs, does anyone really want them in their family anyway? 

On the flip side of this, there are experienced players, who obviously turn off the tutorial. They shouldn't be removed for 24 hours, or forced into the job system, if they do not wish to go through it. But, the new member should have to make first contact in that situation.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Barry. If this is something that is coded into the game it won't fix the problem. This is something the user base can do without a code put in. If codes keep being put in for this and that the whole game will just be clicks. There are also people that do recruit well. If a code is put in, it basically blankets all sponsors saying "hey you don't know how to do this so we're going to make it easier for you". That's not exactly fair to those that actually understand how to recruit. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: New members 24hr breathing space
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL