Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 09:00:55
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Captain, My Captain Started by: Marietta on Mar 31, '09 11:50
Marietta Rossi steps out of her HQ towards the small and waiting crowd. Grasping the arm of a man tightly to her side, many recognize him as Salvatore Gato, the Right Hand to his brother Louis. She lets go of her vice grip briefly to wave out to the crowd and flash them a large smile.

Welcome! she greets them, nodding around politely.

Thank you for being here on such short notice. I wanted to make a formal announcement that can be passed along to all of your associates in your various cities. So, I suppose, I shall begin now!

Many of you are already aware of the decision made by my current Captain, Louis Gato, to step down and pass on his family. It is with a heavy heart that I do so, but I wish to respect the wishes of a man who has been a loyal, faithful and trusting long-standing associate to my bloodline, as well as an even better friend.

I will not bog you all down with a long winded toast to the man, for that would be better served in private amongst Detroit associates. However, I am here to help announce and celebrate the stepping up of my newest Captain.

By George, if I can't have one Gato I sure as hell will have the other.

Salvatore Gato is a man that I met through Louis. Brothers, in fact, if you haven't figured that one out. He is a man that I have come to adore working with over time.

He is intelligent, which can be rare in this day and age believe you me. He's almost polite and respectful to a fault at times. Even when the emotions and tensions are running high and we're faced with a crisis, Sal is so focused on not losing his head and remaining the gentleman that it amuses me and makes me proud.

This boy, nay, this man has the true makings of a leader. I cannot wait for him to try his hand, and I am more than excited that he gets to do so as one of my Captains.

I'll save you all a long winded and soppy speech about how I know Mister Gato will be brilliant, but instead will allow him to start getting things under way.

Marietta turns to Salvatore and hands him a key, grasping his hand briefly with both of hers in a warm gesture.

A key to your new premises, Salvatore. Congratulations. I know that with your help we will be able to continue strengthening and building Detroit to new heights. Very well done, my friend.

Bowing her head she steps out of the way to allow people to share their own elation with the man.
Report Post Tip
Louis smiles, slowley applauding

"You don't know how good it makes me feel to see both my Right and Left hands starting a legacy of their own. Well done, Sal, make me proud"
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Sally! Can't wait what you've got in store for Detroit.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Sal nice one mate :)
Report Post Tip
Sal, Nice to see you in this position, carry on the legacy that you have impacted on all of us!!

-Frankie-
Report Post Tip
Stands on the street listening to the Godmother, then nods before applauding. It was a bittersweet day for Elegido, and for Brick. To see his friend step down was disappointing to say the least. But to see the Gato Regime pass to his brother made him realize that the transition would be smooth. He made his way through the crowd in order to shake Salvatore's hand.

Louis, we have spoken briefly in private, but I wanted to tell you that I appreciate the hard work you put in and the difficulty of this decision. The Gato regime was in good hands with you. And I have no doubt it will remain in good hands with your brother.

Shakes Salvatore's hand.

Congratulations sir. You have big shoes to fill, but as his brother, you should be able to fill them. You have my friendship, and my assistance if needed.
Report Post Tip
Sal steps forward. The little croed was standing infront of him. This is a very sad but also a very happy day. Sal looks back at the Godmother and his brother he loves so much. With a smile he turns his head staring at the crowd.

"First of all, thank you for kind word dearest Godmother and thank you for the faith you have in me. I'd like to thank my brother Louis. It is indeed a very sad moment for me to see my brother stepping down. I owe him so much and it's very hard to find the words which could express how thankful I am for everything he has done for me and of course The Gato Regime."

Sal takes a deep breath to calm himself down. Sal looks down into the crowd and makes a sign to woman to come to him.

"Fellow mafiosi, I want to you also to meet the woman on my side. My friend and trusted member of The Gato Regime. Shirley Ackers. She has served for us for a long while now and proofed her loyality several times. She is going to be my better half as my right hand. I hope I can fill the shoes, as Don Pollitt stated, Louis has left and I hope I can be such a great leader as my brother was."

"Well enough of me. I have a lot of work to do. Thank you for your time ladies and gentlemen."
Report Post Tip
Congrats SalvatoreGato I wish you and your family all the best in Detroit.
Report Post Tip
Ah Salvatore, old friend, looking snazzy in that suit, you are.

Looking forward to working with you.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Salvatore i wish you the very best of luck.
Report Post Tip
congrats sal good luck man
Report Post Tip
congrats sal and louis sorry to see u go its been nice workin for you. sal if your anything like your brother i think the mob is in good hands. :)
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Sal, I wish you the best of kuck.
Report Post Tip
I wish you the best of luck. (My apologies).
Report Post Tip
Ah Sal, congratulations on the bold. You will do well and I will be looking forward to working with you.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Sal, i could not be happier to see you stepping up, i know you will do great.

I am exxcited about workking alongside you, if there is anything you need just let me know.
Report Post Tip
Best of luck to you Sal, look forward to working under you! Sorry to see you go Louis, a great leader you were.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations on your new promotion, Salvatore. I know you'll make Detroit proud.

It's very hard for a leader to recognize when he's not giving all that he has to give, and comes to a point where he feels the need to take a step back. Louis, it's sad to see you stepping down, however you've picked a good man to take your place.
Report Post Tip
Shirley smiled at the man to her side. It had been a rough weekend following the announcement that Louis would be stepping down, but she was positive that Salvatore would be able to take the Gato Regime to new heights.

Congratulations, Sal. Make the most of this opportunity.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations. It's sad to see a great Gato stepping down, but fortunately, another great Gato is stepping up to continue the legacy.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Captain, My Captain
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL