Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 09:00:55
Page:  1 
Books and Beers: A New Business in Las Vegas Started by: MacLeod on Mar 31, '09 19:28
As you sit down on the train across from him, the first thing you notice are his eyes. The green orbs shine bright, like they've absorbed the money that fills his bank account and the far off hills of France where he learn to fight, kill, and love. His face is framed by his dark hair, formerly jet black, but now streaked with hints of gray. You notice the expensive suit, not altered to fit the latest fashions, but cut from powerful, traditional lines. He shifts the book in his hand, which seems to be a book of British Romantic poets. He sees your eyes appraise him and chuckles softly, smiling. You tense up the train's whistle blows and he reaches into his pocket, but relax when he pulls it out holding a business card.

I've got a nice little business that just started up, if you're interested. My three passions in this world are women, wine, and the written word. Women are too personal to be a business for me, so I've opened up a shop for the other two.

You look down to see the card proclaiming "MacLeod's Books and Beers! Where all men and women can get their fill of liqour and literature!"

My family has always enjoyed running a pub and I've always loved books. And I didn't want to pay double the rent. So if you're interested in some fine drinks or some great books, look me up the next time you're in Vegas.

With a tip of his cap, MacLeod waits for the train's door to open and exits onto the station. Looking down at the card, you make a mental note to check it the next time you're in Vegas.
Report Post Tip
....Frankie followed the man off the train with his eyes and called out, "Aye there Macleod, I will be there next time I'm in Vegas. GodSpeed yo you my friend!!"

And with a turn nod and wink Macleod disappeared into the graying mist that was the fog of late night New Orleans.....
Report Post Tip
Now there is a good combination (and I'm talking about books and beers not women you dirty minded people!) I'll be sure to visit!
Report Post Tip
That is indeed an innovative combination.
Report Post Tip
A very interesting venture, but one that I'm quite excited by. There is nothing better than relaxing after a long day of beating the hell out of some goomba like a nice novel, a glass of wine and a box of chocolates...

Congratulations, MacLeod! Expect to see me stopping by soon!
Report Post Tip
Smiles as he notices a brand new business in Las Vegas

For too long now, my pool hall has been about the only thing alive there, and even business has been slow since Cav tried to burn it down. Its a pleasure to see your building get built and business slowly return to the great city. I dont live there now a days, but often a visit and will frequent your place.. stop by my pool hall someday sir

Smiles and takes a drink.. while pulling the handle on the slot machine
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Books and Beers: A New Business in Las Vegas
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL