Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 09:24:22
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Picking up the Torch. Started by: Luxuria on Apr 01, '09 17:06
Luxuria stands just inside her new building, still a little shocked that this was hers now. She walks threw the rooms, checking to make sure the movers had gotten every thing right, then sets up the bar, tossing back a shot of whiskey after raising it with a prayer to her mother and her mothers god. "Give me strength mum, its time to be strong." Whispers from her lips as she sets the shot glass in the small sink.

She turns, Leaning against the bar like a old man leans on a cane, eyes closed as she ran the speech threw her head again. She'd be giving it soon, she didn't want to mess this one up, not this time.

"Lux, the ceremony starts soon, people are showing up, you ready?" Shagtastic's voice called from the main hall, and Luxuria smiled. "There you are, Nervous?" Shags walked over to her and grabs a bottle of home brewed beer sitting on the stool next to hers.

"Course I am, but I'll get over it, how did things go over with you?" Luxuria glances at the clock over the door and stands, "Never mind that, its time to open the doors." Luxuria straitens her skirt, and brushes off her dark maroon business suit, she turns and smiles at Shagtastic, "How do I look?"

"Good enough to eat, not get out there, they'll love you." Luxuria smiled and padded out of the bar and to the main doors, taking one last second to run a hand over her hair, she opens the doors, smiling at the small crowd standing outside, no longer nervous.

"Ladies and gents, Recently I was informed that my beloved crew leader was stepping down and handing off his crew, half to me, half to my counter part in crime, Shagtastic. It saddened me deeply to hear that my crew leader was leaving us, but I'm proud to say, his crew, his family, has been home to me all my life, and now it's time I became to his crew that same rock of strength and shelter."

"Ladies and gents, it gives me great pleasure to open these doors to LA's newest addition to the pharmacy family, Precious Poison Division, I plan to do what I can to keep this great city running smoothly. I plan on running my crew much the same way my leader did, though a tad more actively. Now, Normally this is where we newly authed crew leaders thank every one who got us here, but lets get those bags and boxes inside, you guys look tired."

Luxuria takes out a pair of scissors and cuts a large red ribbon strung cross the steps, and steps aside, waving her crew in with a broad sweep of her arm.

"These doors are open for business, Welcome home." Luxuria catches sight of Prozac and slips over, hugging him tightly.

"Gonna miss having your face around from time to time, You've been a great leader, and your crew quickly became a home to me even though I'm a bit of a brat. I grew to enjoy your company, and hope you and your line will drift threw often, Thank you for this chance to serve the family in such a respectable and honorable fashion, I hope to do you proud."
Report Post Tip
Lux, this honur you've received is well deserved. You served The Pharmacy well, you looked after each of us as if we were your own and I know you'll do the same for your own family.

Congratulations my friend.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Luxuria!!!
Report Post Tip
Congrats Luxuria, I wish you all the best of luck.
Report Post Tip
yea congrats luxuria,im in doubt that you will carry on the legacy..
Report Post Tip
Quite a man to follow, my mother was with him and wrote often in her diaries concerning his family. But I know you can do it - congratulations and all the best!
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Luxuria

Im sure you'll do everyone proud hun, Wishing you all the best!!

Lola hands Luxuria a silver tray of organic carrots, kisses her both cheeks and hops off
Report Post Tip
Congratulations, Ma'am. I'm sure you'll hold high the good reputation of this city.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Luxuria!!

Hope for the best.

Smiles
Report Post Tip
Congratz Luxuria. Another great addition to Los Angeles. The city if finally filling up nicely!
Report Post Tip
CONGRATZ LUX,

I know in my heart you are the best for the job. Well done sweetheart, I wish you and your family the best of luck.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Lux.

I have known you for a long time. I can say I am happy to see you bold. Well earned indeed. I look forward to seeing what you produce.

Congrates again and good luck dear.
Report Post Tip
Mud listens to the speech from the crowd and then watches the ribbon cutting and the other spectacles of the party. He takes a look around at everyone. After the ribbon is cut people start moving around here and there. He makes his way through the crowd towards Luxuria.

We'll all certainly miss Prozac's leadership in this city, but I think handing a part of it to you was a wise choice. Wish ya the best of luck in taking the reigns.

Mud tips his baseball cap to her, then raises a bottle of beer that is in his other hand for a toast.
Report Post Tip
She approaches Luxuria and hugs the young woman before handing her a tin of cookies.

As is tradition in LA you get cookies. I look forward to working with you and Shagtastic in the betterment of Los Angeles. Good luck and I can't wait to see you at The Pharmacy gathers Vicodin and I will be sure to hold.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Miss Luxuria. You've been working very hard, so you deserve this reward. Cheers...
Report Post Tip
Congrats Luxuria!

Wish you all the best.
Report Post Tip
Luxuria you have earned your position, unlike some in the past and people in the future that may become leaders who have not put in the work you have. You have worked hard, worked your way up and made a lot of your friends and family members proud.

Its a pleasure to see you on the top, with a family and moving this world into the future.

Takes a plane to LA to have lunch with the infamous mobster.. bringing a few dozen roses and a envelope filled with cash as tribute
Report Post Tip
Vicodin made his way towards the large steps. keeping a steady on Luxuria. Going through a few people, he headed around her to ambush her with a large hug from behind.

Luxuria, I've known you for.. well, a very long time. Seeing you come into the Pharmacy ages ago and growing into the woman you are today - Congratulations, sweetie. I'm sure you'll do Los Angeles proud.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Luxuria.

I wish you Buona Fortuna.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Luxuria, I hope all your endeavors are successful as being a crew leader!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Picking up the Torch.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL