Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 02:54:35
Page:  1 
The Lay Low Inn Started by: Carlos_Hathcok on Nov 19, '14 16:50

He looked around as the abandoned streets of Detroit meant cheap property prices, stroking his beard he wandered past the bars, brothels, gun stores and gym's as many lay empty or shuttered up.

The depression and wars had hit hard on what was rumoued a cursed city as the realtor watched him nervously.  Pointing at an old hostel he pointed as he casually looked over for the price and to look round the insides.

Entering he looked around, as the shaky floorboards, damaged paint and a bit of a clean up was needed, but the place had potential.  Opening out the rooms the furniture remained it seemed the owner had a sudden departure.  Scribbling on the note pad in his hand the various jobs needed doing, he looked over.

"I will take it, but want my workmen in today as i hope to take guests tonight".

The realtor looked on eagerly but shocked at the idea but helpful.  Excusing himself for 2 two minutes Carlos started dialing quickly he simply stated,

"building crew site C, strip it down, wallpaper no paint, class up the furniture but not classy enough to suggest it's purpose we open tonight."

Finishing off the paperwork at the realtor's and stopping for lunch he returned to the cosmetic repairs needed.  With the work finished, he handed the keys over to his new manager.

As he looked around the newly carpeted hall, he slowly stepped on the fawn cord carpet,  as he looked at the light brown floral Bloomsbury canvas wallpaper.  Passing the polished oak desk that had been brought in, he entered the first room.    Each room a self contain cool down spot for when the police came looking.   A television, double bed, and two red leather arm chairs sat in the room, As the oak bookcase looked well equipped as well as the decanters of whiskey and brandy.  The workmen quickly quipped, "only the the penthouse has windows to stop people looking in".

Following up to the two penthouse suits each was fitted en suite with bath and showers with porcelain tipped taps,and set out like small appartments with stocked bar's with wine on shelves and refrigerator of food, two bedrooms, and bathrooms.   A living room was set out, overlooing Detroit as these rooms seemed more for a long stay host.   The varnished pine floors, and magnolia wars were simple but elegant as the black leather sofa faced the windows out with a patio on the outside equipped with guard rail.

Walking out smiling Carlos looked.

"Great job guys before tipping the foreman"  

Report Post Tip

Hearing business had been slow he walked by the hotel, looking it over he had thought being out of the way would of added to it's discretion as he wandered towards it, looking in, he sat down with the manager as he patted him on the back.

"it will be fine.  When new families move in business will pick up, as people pass through they will drop in even if just to keep away from the street gangs"

pausing he smiled

"Looking over, just set the rooms to half price for a while and we will watch how things progress"

looking over to tony to start the car, he looked back

"don't worry my family will keep using it as a safehouse in between"

walking back to the car he thought to himself this place will work out great, maybe other cities needed similar

Report Post Tip

Shay had brought a load of stolen goods to Detroit and spent the day distributing them across the city...her efforts had paid off well but she was worn to a frazzle and looking for a place to take a little break before her flight back to LA ...

raven eyes watched tiredly through the window of the back of the cab ...when suddenly she saw the Lay Low Inn...it would be perfect...just a place to hide out and rest for a few hours...she called to the cabby and he came skidding across two lanes of traffic to slide right in front of the building...she laughed and congratulated him on a job well done...slipping him payment and a generous tip before grabbing her small travel bag and hopping from the vehicle...

as she entered the inn, she saw her friend Mr Hathcok in the lobby....a dazzling smile stretching cherry lips, while midnight lashes tiredly inched lower and lower over exhausted eyes ...she visited with him a bit and asked about a room for a few hours, explaining she had a flight that evening...a red eye back to LA and she desperately needed a couple of hours shut eye before the flight...He quickly got the attendant to set things up and she climbed into the elevator behind the little man who took her bag...

entering the room it was nice and warm...and very cozy...she settled instantly on the bed, and reminded the desk downstairs to give her a wake up call and was out like a light..

Report Post Tip

Elsa just flew in from Sin City and needed a place to stay.  She knew Carlos_Hathcok had an Inn in Detroit. 

She waved for a cab.  A cab stopped right in front of her.  

The cab driver asked me "Where are we headed to mam?" 

"To the Lay Low Inn please."

The cab driver slowly pulls off and starts driving towards that direction. 

About 10 minutes later, he stopped in front of the Lay Low Inn.

He runs out and grabs my bag from the back trunk and opens my door.  "Here we are."

I grabbed my bags and paid my fee to the cab driver. "Thanks.  Here's a tip for you."

I started walking towards the entrance. 

As I walked into the door.  I am greeted by Carlos.  "Hello, How may I help you?"

"Yes, I would like a room to stay for a few days.  I have some things to look over at my business."

"I could surely accommodate you. Would you like a regular room or would you like a suite, mam?"

"I would like to stay in a suite.  Might as well go all the way since I'm here."

He hands you a key with the number twenty-four on it.

"Here you go, mam.  This is your room key for suite number twenty four.  When you check out,  that is when you will pay. If you have any questions or need anything, please don't hesitate to call our front desk as we are here twenty-four seven."

She grabs her keys and starts walking up towards the second floor.  She walks four doors down until she is at her suite.  She puts the key and walks in to a beautiful room.  

She puts her bag on the table and closes the door, and walks over to the fridge.  She opens the fridge and sees it's fully stocked.

She grabs a bottle of wine. She goes towards the cabinets and grabs a glass and pours wine into it.  

She walks towards the bathtub and runs warm water.  "Time to take a long hot bath while drinking some wine."

She needed this relaxation.

Report Post Tip

Grinning after greeting ShayD, he embraced her before guiding her to a room.  Talking to the manager, he explained this was a special client who he had done business in the past and wanted her to have the top quality service there was as he explained would be good to have food and coffee ready for her wake up call, marking everything down and going over the subject twice to make sure he understood.  He marked the room to be down for the full works.

Slowly, as he had Jim help ShayD to her room, he gained a second pleasant surprise as one of his favourite entrepreneurs walked through the door.  Dropping by her room as he watched her rush past with jim trailing stacked with bags he smiled, he knew this place was in the right position.

Giving elsa some time to clean herself up, he tapped on her door to make sure she didn't need anything extra as he personally gave ShayD her flight wake up call and explained a meal would be with her within the next few minutes.

Report Post Tip

Yawns as I get of the plane from LA....to the motor city. After a day of pick pocketing, and other crimes.. makes a girl tired as hell...I needed a place to rest my weary ass. I came up to this hotel, and as soon as I walked in the door, I took off my shoes, as my feet were killing me. Looking at this Lay Low Inn, I remembered a customer from the All That Glitters,thinking he may have dropped a business card.. Carlos _Hathcok. I should patronage this place of his, as he came to Shay and I's place.

The carpet feels good on my tired feet, as I slowly drag my ass to the front desk, to get a room. The desk clerk seemed a lil bit busy, so I had no problem waiting. When they finally came to help me, I asked for a room for the night. I also needed a wake-up call to get ready to fly out in the morning. I also asked for a bottle of wine to be brought to my room tonight...I wanted to feel damn good before I crashed the hell out. Thinking about if that was all I had wanted to say about the room.. I didn't care about beds, it just had to be sleepable..lol.

After listening to me, he said there wouldn't be any problems with my request, and the wine would come to my room soon chilled in an ice bucket. Yawning.. and excusing myself.. I did not have but one bag, with a change of clothes for tomorrow's flight, and of course the sack for my purse...as a girl  must be ready for anything. I did however want to meet Mister Hathcok, as I seemed to have missed him when he came by the store before, to thank him for his patronage.

Report Post Tip

Having hugged Mr Hatcok appreciatively for all of his kindness, Shay asked about the gifts and how the anniversary had gone ...she was excited to hear how the wife enjoyed her gifts! However, she could feel herself melting into a puddle on the fresh new carpet if she didn't get rest soon...

she thanked him once again for his attentions and for the thoughtfulness of having food and coffee available when she awoke then tiredly she closed the door and colapsed on the bed

Report Post Tip

Elsa finishes her shower and gets dressed. 

As she was finished getting dressed.  She heard a knock from the door. 

She walks over to the door and opens it and sees it's Carlos_Hathcok.

He asks her "Is there anything else you needed?"

She looks at him and says "I'm good at the moment but thanks for making sure."

She waves to him and closes the door and goes back to grabbing another glass of wine and relaxing in bed.

She slowly falls asleep. 

Report Post Tip

Looking over at ShayD, as he greeted her from her slumber he smiled.  

"The presents went down amazingly thank you, and the celebration glasses perfected the occassion"

nodding

"thank you so much for your help with them"

Looking over at Elsa with a grin he smiles as she heads to nod nod land, as he looks over behind the desk.

"ain't this what i pay you for"

he grins jokingly

Report Post Tip

Walking the lonely streets of Detroit, my feet were about to fall off if I didn't get off of them. The day had been long, and I was looking for a bed to crash into for the rest of the night, after a good meal. I remembered a place that Mom had said she had been to that had great service, and was nearby.

I opened the door and dragged myself to the desk, ringing the bell almost constantly since the desk seemed empty at the moment. The lobby looked nice from what I saw, and I hoped the food was good, and the beds comfy. I planned on eating and passing out. When I saw the clerk finally, I asked for a room with one bed.. and no wake up call, as my flight would be later in the day.

I had one small bag and the baggage guy carried it up to the room... looking around it was a simple room-- which was okay..I didn't need much but a bed and bathroom at this moment anyways. It was a good sized room with a table and a nice view of the city, and even a place to sit outside if I wanted to.

I picked up the menu, and was unsure of what to order, I was so tired, so I just said whatever sells well with a bottle of wine would be great. The person on the phone said it would be about 45 minutes and someone would be right up with it. before the food had arrived, there was a knock at the door. it was a guy with the wine chilling on ice and a couple of glasses. I smiled at him, and gave him a $5 dollar tip. Closing the door I popped the wine open and poured a glass. Turning on the radio, i tuned in different frequencies to see if there was anything interesting on tonight. I almost passed out, so I gave up on the radio thing and turned it off, and went to relax on the bed, with my glass of white wine.

Report Post Tip

The Lay Low Inn

Perfect, he thinks to himself.

He'd been running all day, chaos all around him. He only stole a bloody purse and the whole of DT's Bureau of Investigation seemed to be on his ass, not a nice feeling at all.

Entering the lobby, treading carefully on the fawn cord carpet as not to leave any muddy scuffs he spots the proprietor and flashes a handful of bills to endure that he had their attention.

I like your style, pointing to the wallpaper with a wry grin on his face he laughs a little unkindly, I'd could use a room tonight and I'm sure that there's room an the inn, so to speak, there seem to be a lot of bodies lying around the streets right now, half your clientele must have met an untimely demise today.

Not waiting for an answer he throws a bundle of bills at the shocked man and barges his way through to the suite on the left. Given a choice he always takes the left out superstition, just one of his ways...

Report Post Tip

Gideon had just touched down in Detroit his fam had just moved their HQ there from Chicago and he was still getting the feel for the city. He had yet to find a house as he was hoping to do so the next day so he started looking around for somewhere to stay the night. As he drove his car around he found a place it had a sign above it with a dim light reading.

Lay Low Inn

This was exactly what Gideon needed a place to spend the night and possibly meet a person or two that had connections within the city. The name of the place was Lay Low Inn and that name spoke for itself. Gideon walked in and took a look around the place looked deserted, he looked around and saw a sign stating the owner to be Carlos_Hathcok. Gideon remembered the name that man had died in the last war that happened the 303 massacre. Well explains why there looked to be nobody here the place must have went out of business when Carlos died. He guessed that now the people that knew of this hotel before Carlos's death must come here when they need to lay low for a few days or when they have nowhere else to go. The place did look well kept for being a supposed deserted hotel maybe Gideon would take a look around and see if anyone was staying the night

Report Post Tip

Tired as usual, he walked down the street of Detroit and really contemplated buying some form of transportation, but no, it wasn't worth it, he was never here for very long. What he needed instead was a play to sleep, and perhaps keep out of sight for a few days before heading back to his home base in Chicago, they probably missed him by now. He walked through the parking lot and straight into the aptly named 'Lay Low Inn' and put some money down onto the counter.

"I need a place for a few days, just until some stuff blows over. Hookers die way too easy, just a pro-tip if you're ever deciding to go down that avenue. Heh." the man nodded and handed him some keys. A4 sounded like a decent enough room, he would have preferred a six or a seven, but you can't be too picky when looking for a place to hide.

He walked over to the door and opened it, ignoring most of what adorned the room, he walked directly to the bed and gave it a firm jumping on; it was sturdy enough to pass his inspection and so without much more fanfare, he dropped down like a ton of bricks and fell quickly to sleep. He had a long day tomorrow, explaining exactly what had happened.

If only she had just did the thing with the cigarette and goose, she wouldn't have had to die. Oh well. Next time he'd find a more adventurous lady to spend the night with, that would make everything so much easier. He had a hard time finding women who could handle him and his explicit life-style, and Candy was so very different. She just got it. All things come to an end, though.

Ted sighed in his sleep and began to dream... until tomorrow... until tomorrow...

Report Post Tip

She was in Detroit on business, and being there a couple of days, would need a place to stay.  The guy at the airport had mentioned something about a nearby inn, said it was a decent place to stay.  After a short cab ride to the inn, she grabs her bag and heads for the door.  She gets in the short line at the desk and waits her turn.  Finally, she makes her way to the clerk.

Do you have any suites left? 

She waits patiently as the clerk looks through the available rooms.  He comes back and says that they do have one suite left.  She gives him the appropriate information, all false of course, and takes her key.  She takes the elevator to her floor, happens to pass Ted who is mumbling something about dead hookers.  Not wanting to know, she smiles and quickly bypasses him. 

Finding her room, she pushes open the door and looks around.  It would suffice for a few days.  Setting her bag down, she grabs a bottle of whiskey that they had kindly supplied the rooms with, and has a seat in a chair. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Lay Low Inn
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL