Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:48:30
Page:  1 
You're Asking Me What? Started by: Munchkin on Apr 02, '09 00:02
Munchkin walks out of her headquarters with a huge stack of mail, her hair a mess and a stressful look on her face. She steps on a larger than normal soap box so the crowd can see her face.

Of course, due to my bold suit, I get an extraordinary amount of mail and requests for private conversations over coffee and tea. For the most part I enjoy speaking with anyone and everyone regardless of rank or family. However, I will no longer entertain conversations of a few types. I wanted to share with you all, since these types of conversations are not only being initiated by my own members but some from outside as well.

Mademan honours

Do not ask me if I think you are ready to become a mademan in my family. Your asking will result in a delay in you being brought into my inner circle. Trust me when myself and my trusted advisors believe you are ready, you will know. Criming alone is not enough to become made in my family and it never will be. Mademan comes with huge responsibility and me giving you that rank is also a huge responsibility, I do not take it lightly and asking for it will not tolerated any longer.

Bodyguards

Especially if you cannot find it in yourself to pledge loyalty to me, do not come looking for any sort of hand outs. All my members and myself work hard for the money in the headquarters vault and it is not going to be handed out to thugs or gangsters who are not housed in that headquarters.

If you are in my family, again don't ask. Decisions are made on a variety of factors where money is spent and which bodyguards are hired. I'm not going into detail here about those decisions or how they are made, just don't ask.

Auth

Firstly I don't auth anyone. I do not own the criminal rights to any city so this is not my call. That being said, my GodFather does entertain all his street bosses' suggestions towards auth and when I am willing to have my name used as a reference, your name will be put forward.

If and when I do decide to put a name forward, I can guarantee my GodFather will not take it into consideration unless he too knows and trusts that name. I am not saying go spam his inbox instead of mine, find other ways to impress the two of us or it's not going to happen.

Auth is yet another subject I do not want to talk about. When you are ready, I will approach you before talking to my GodFather.

In summary, I will no longer entertain in conversations about mademan rank, bodyguards or auth. You mail me or bring the subject up over coffee, I'll ignore it. Since it is clear to me your have ignored my words here today.

Munchkin throws out handfuls of lollipops as always and strolls away to file all her mail.
Report Post Tip
Widow nods in agreement with Munchkin.

All of the points that you have brought up I believe most of the crew leaders are thinking. Especially on the Auth point. That in the eyes of many is something that is not asked for but given once you have proven yourself to be the best of the best. To many these days do not know nor respect the fact you don't ask for hand outs. I hope that they take this to heart and learn..

Widow lights a smoke and continues down the street.
Report Post Tip
Hoagie looks at Black_Widow and winks.

You do your job and the rest will take care of itself. If things aren't moving fast enough for you then it's up to you to make yourself stand out in a good way. And begging is not the way.

Hoagie picks up a lollipop, removes the wrapper and licks once side, then slaps it on the back of Sayyid's shirt and walks away chuckling.
Report Post Tip
Gino looks and listens, smoking a cigar in the process

I understand boss. I'll make sure to cover my end, take care of what I gotta take care of.
Report Post Tip
Listening Aftershock snuffs bits down on one of the lolipops Munchkin threw out to the crowd of mafiosos.

Ma'am, for my own curiosity what will happen to those that ask about their Made Man promotion? As far as punishment. Will you hold the promotion back, aware them of them having it but not getting for asking. Auth is self explanatory as far as JimmyTheLionHeart, it says it on one of his nifty buttons on his suit!

I hope you don't find my curiosity disrespectful, I forgot to get my meds today and it seems the Pharmacy has closed their doors.

Walking away Aftershock notions to one of his bodyguards for his umbrella.

Never know when it's gonna rain.
Report Post Tip
It is amazing that people would dare trouble a CL with these questions. What respectable mobster *begs* for handouts...

I will never turn down a generous gift, but you will *never* see me begging.

And in my opinion, if you need to ask for Auth, then you don't deserve it. If you did, you wouldn't need to ask, it would be offered to you.
Report Post Tip
It is amazing that people would dare trouble a CL with these questions. What respectable mobster *begs* for handouts...

I will never turn down a generous gift, but you will *never* see me begging.

And in my opinion, if you need to ask for Auth, then you don't deserve it. If you did, you wouldn't need to ask, it would be offered to you.
Report Post Tip
Hoagie looks at Aftershock and ponders his question for a second before he speaks.

With all due respect, sir, would it really be a form of punishment to hold back the promotion in that situation? Or would it simply be considered good judgement to deny the promotion to someone who doesn't understand that asking for the promotion is the first sign that they are not ready for the promotion?
Report Post Tip
Aftershock I think I will have to agree with my Capo on this. Usually people who ask are the ones who probably aren't ready for the responsibility yet. That being said they will also not learn if someone doesn't guide them; I do have a very detailed explaination of mademan and what it is all about within my headquarters library, I would gently lead them to this piece of literature.
Report Post Tip
I don't speak from experience, as I am but a lowly Wise Guy and not even a man of honour yet, but I'm assuming the incessant chats with members who ask for promotions, auths and hand outs must feel like a slap in the face to a crewleader. Specifically when it comes to auths and promotions, it comes across as the crewmember holding his own judgement over that of his bosses in saying 'Don't know if you've noticed yet but I'm ready, go ahead and promote/auth me.'. It's almost arrogant.

It, quite frankly, surprises me that the simple concept of focusing on a goal, working for it, and earning something is overlooked for the idea that if you whine about it, your crewleader will shout surprise and present your reward on a silver platter before you.

Baffling.
Report Post Tip
i have to agree with alfieri when it comes to this everyone should work hard to get the promotions and the auths ive been there and ive done that hard work leads to success i know this from my father he has told me many of a stories on what happens when bosses constantly get nagged about promotions and auths and everything else that they get bugged about. Fact is if you work hard for everything it will come to you patiants is a virtue and its something of honor and commitment. Hard workers will get great rewards. Even when it seems that the crewleader "doesnt" care about something good you did, they do the just dont have the time to go around every time somone in there family does something good and say thank you or good job. Its your job and thier job is to keep you all alive.
Report Post Tip
I remember a few years back when my father was Don of his own family in another world, whenever someone would ask him if they were ready for the promotion of Made Man, he never gave a reply..well, he did, with gun fire..

Asking for a promotion from your leader is so god damn annoying..they have 1,000,001 things to do each day without getting spammed about a promotion, being Made is an honour, not just a light giveaway..

As for the Bodyguards, begging for money from your leader..Haha..very stupid and dangerous if I had it my way, I hate beggars anyway, but having someone come to me asking for money when I have already done them a huge favour of giving them shelter within my HQ, to me, another good reason to whack'em..
Report Post Tip
I couldn't agree more, Don Munchkin. One's actions should speak louder than words.
Report Post Tip
I completely understand that if they're asking for the Made Man promotion they aren't ready yet. I think it's good that you're in touch with your crew and I'm not out here to start a fight with anyone. Since I came to these shores after my father Absolut there were many high rankers. Some people saying a lot of them didn't deserve it, ya know, that ole thing. Well now I'm in a place to hold my members up to higher standards, but I like getting in touch with other family heads on their beliefs of the situation.

Say I die and comeback to a family, since I was a Don does my kin get to rank freely or will they have to work just as hard? I'm just ready to help bring more respect back to the name of Made man, maybe call it a tag team effort. Just getting thoughts of others.
Report Post Tip
Nods in agreement from his spot in the middle of the street between the Lollipop Guild and Elegido Corporation.

I agree with you Munchkin. And you always say things the nicest way. I haven't been as nice when I've gotten the questions, but I think I'll try this approach.

And Aftershock, I can tell you that I hold my members up to similar standards as Munchkin. It may be easier, in theory, to become a mademan these days, but it's not any easier once you're within the walls of Elegido. What's at stake is a position within my inner circle, on my board of directors. I do not take it lightly, and I don't expect those in my family to take it lightly. You may do all the crimes you need to do, and you may jailbreak as much as you can, but it takes more than that to earn my respect, and my trust. But once you do earn it, you have it for life.
Report Post Tip
Sal was sitting by a near by bench as he saw the lollipops flying around. After some have stated their mind Sal decidied to give his two cents

"I do agree with Don Pollitt to 100%. Yes, it might be easier to become made man but also within the walls of the Gato Regime it's a very hard thing to earn. Mayself and my wonderful right hand women have very high standards on the rank of made man on not just made man. Every rank has it's meaning. Now back to the point before I completely drift away on that matter."

Sal pulls out a pack of cigarettes and lights one. After a deep drag he continued.

"In my short time as a head of a family I haven't been in that situation that a family member nor a member outside of the family was asking for auth or associates asking for a button or money or bodyguards. But as stated earlier in this discussion I would take this as disrespect, asking such question is asking my abilities as a head of a family and therefore my punishment would be hard if not death like Frankie would handle it."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You're Asking Me What?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL