Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 09:24:25
Page:  1 
Time For Retirement - GRHS? Started by: Frankie_Gogolak on Apr 03, '09 10:53
Walking down the streets of Las Vegas, you come across an odd looking man with a very confused look of his face as he began mumbling to himself..

"I don't understand..he retired..he wasn't dead.."

"You there.."

You look in confusion not knowing if Frankie is talking to..

"heh..yes, you..want to hear a weird story?"

Not really having the time to sit and listen to his rant, you sit down anyway to humour him hoping it won't go on for that long..

"One of my close friends retired from this world a few days ago, we had a big party for him down at the local hall, loads of people turned up to wish him well, it was rather quite upsetting.."

Frankie looks at you waiting for a reply, but what could you actually reply with?

"Anyway, as the night drew to an end, a few of his friends got up on the stage and gave a little speech for him, and I must say, some of the words used were so heart felt, it made a few people cry..not myself though, I'm a hard bastard, I got tattoo's, I don't cry..heh.."

giggling to yourself with the last comment about being a hard bastard, you politely ask Frankie what it is exactly what he finds so confusing..

"Well, this guys mother took to the stage with a speech, it was a good speech, I'll give her that, but totally out the blue and out of place.."

"She stood there saying how much she is going to miss him etc..and may god rest his soul following a tear and a "Rest In Peace, sweetheart"

"I don't get it..the guy is retiring, the dying..the way she went on you would think he was just gunned down in the streets and we were sitting at his funeral, she made the whole night morbid after that..a total shame"

Amazing, you replied, I don't understand what she was talking about either, perhaps she was coked up or something?

"Haha yeah, perhaps.."

"Ow well, no harm done, he's now living in Australia with his grand kids, as far as I'm aware, he's still alive and kicking.."

With this Frankie stands up, lighting up a cigar and shaking your hand

"Nice to meet you, I hope to see you around"

OOC: If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, please feel free to mail me and don't post OOC related questions in here.
Report Post Tip
Yes They are two diffrent things retirement shouldn't be taken as death you simply roam the streets in peace or go to that villa you got in FL.
Report Post Tip
Clearly none of your fathers have ever retired, not that they would be around to tell you about it.

Lets just say theres only ever one way out of this life, if you choose to retire or run away from it, you'll end up in a body bag. If you ever choose to retire, you won't be having the sandman visit you in your sleep, instead it'll be an armed goomba teaching you the life long lesson as I stated earlier.

One way out.
Report Post Tip
LouisGato

Indeed sir, a friend of my messaged me with a similar statement as yourself and I do agree, there is only one way out, but the fact still remains, they are listed as retired not dead :-/

And correct, none of my fathers have ever retired, we are far too loyal to the Mafia world for that crap, we stick it out till the end, every time.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Time For Retirement - GRHS?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL