Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:18:05
Page:  1 
That Fateful Night( Open RP ) Started by: High_SocWinter_Hill on Apr 03, '09 23:54
High_Soc walks out into the cool night. He shivers as he feels the wind chill his skin. "Damn. Looks like another cold night." He puts on his coat and begins his walk down the street. He looks around and sees a few people start to follow him. "I guess they like my watch, eh?" One gets a bit close, and High_Soc turns around.

"You want something, punk?"

The hoodlum turns around and looks at his "buddies" and laughs. He gets out a knife and starts to approach High_Soc. As he gets close, High_Soc drops his coat and prepares for a fight. He grins as the assailant lunges at him. In one swift motion, High_Soc drops the kid, and throws the knife across the road. The others stand in shock, and then slowly back away. High_Soc stands up, grabs his coat, and walks off.

"Just another day in the life of a mob boss."

As High_Soc turns around a corner, he notices a young woman down the street. He stares for a moment, then tries to look away. "Not too polite to stare," High_Soc says with a grin. He slowly walks towards the lass. As he approaches, she smiles at him, obviously noticing his masculine features. She giggles for a moment, then sits down on a bench, a few yards from where they were. High_Soc follows, feeling a sense of adventure with the young lady. He sits down next to her and introduces himself.

"Hello there, miss. I'm High_Society."

"That's a rather peculiar name. Where did you get it?"

"My parents thought it suited me. Your name is?"

"I'm Athena."

They both smiled, and carried on minor chit-chat. Though it was rather chilly, it was a nice night. The stars were out, and the moon was a beautifully lit candle in the sky. They eventually left the bench, and walked around to get some food.

"This is delicious." Athena says as she digs into her ice cream. The two of them had gotten a couple sandwiches at one of High_Soc's restaurants, which turned out wonderful. After that, the two went to a parlor to get some ice cream. After the frozen treats, High_Soc walks Athena home. The two meet at the steps, and she asks one final question.

"You never told me what you do for your living."

High_Soc smiles and gently lands a kiss on Athena. The two blush a bit, then he responds.

"I run a chain of businesses. If you want anymore information, you'll have to let me take you out again."

High_Soc smiles as Athena opens the door to her house. Just before she walks in, she turns around and whispers "Well, I guess we'll just have to go out again, won't we?"

The next day, High_Soc walks into his office, immediately hearing from his secretary; "Sir, it seems there's an incredibly anxious young woman on the phone. I suggest you talk with her." High_Soc, surprised, walks over and answers the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, High_Soc. It's Athena. Sorry to bother you at work, I just wanted to make sure that second night would happen."

High_Soc smiles as Athena elaborates.

"There's this great place over on West Main St. I want to meet you there at 8:00 tonight."

"Sounds good. See you then."

High_Soc hangs up the phone and gets to work. After working nearly 10 hours, he gets up to prepare himself for his night out. He decides not to bring his gun, as this is a friendly encounter.

High_Soc arrives around 8:10, to find no one there. "She stood me up?" He looks around, trying to find Athena. He can't find her. "Well, she may be running late. I was." He takes a seat and waits for 20 minutes or so, then decides there's no reason to wait any longer. Just as he is about to stand up, a young man sits down across from him, and speaks.

"Hello there Mr. Winter_Hill. How are you today?"

"Significantly worse since about 30 minutes ago. Anything I can do for you?"

"Yeah, I found this beautiful young woman named 'Athena', on her way over here. It seemed as though she really wanted to see someone. Now I can see who. So, I thought, "She's gotta be worth quite a bit to a mob boss, right?" So, let's see if we can come up with a deal."
Report Post Tip
Molecular stood on the opposite side of the street from the apartment. He had been given orders to follow a certain female to a certain location to meet a certain someone. Making sure the Bosses "meetings" went smoothly was always a low profile task. He liked low profile.

"Damn it's cold out... Shoulda worn my wool socks.."

Finally a woman walks out on to the sidewalk, clearly in a rush to get somewhere. Molecular looks down at the photo.

"Yup that's her."

He slowly keeps pace on the opposite side of the street making sure to look busy and about his own business. Not long after walking only a couple blocks he notices a dark boat of a car sitting next to the sidewalk running. He can tell there are people in it but he cant make out faces. One of them steps out and approaches the woman.

"Shit this ain't good..."

After what looks like a brief interaction she steps into the car and the car peels off.

"GH45X, Mississippi tags, hmmm. I think the boss needs to know about this."

He runs all the way to the restaurant only to find his boss talking to a stranger at the table. He decides to wait outside for the men to finish talking.
Report Post Tip
with Athena in the car *Michael slammed his foot on the pedal* the car pulled away fast.

him and the guys had to get Athena out of town before High Soc's Guys were on to them.

*he swerved left and right dodging the oncoming traffic before swinging right heading for the freeway*
Report Post Tip
Standing outside on a "smoke break" from her very temporary position at a waitress, the sound of screeching tires grabs her attention. She drops the cigarette and bolts out of the alley beside the restaurant. Seeing the car disappearing in a cloud of tire smoke and Molecular watching it leave, Chrome jogs up beside him.

That was her, wasn't it?

Molecular nods.

Great. Give me the tag numbers and I'll find out what I can while you talk to the boss.

She hated when things didn't go according to plan. She also hated when simple little things- like a date- were ruined; especially when it looked like bigger problems were on the horizon. Who kidnaps a Don's "lady interest" if they don't want something. Even more peculiar, why so soon after they met? Sure, she was pretty, but how much stake did High Soc have in this gal? Something didn't smell right. Chrome kicked the stand up on her Panhead and reved it until the windows around her shook. The car was heading east, and so was Chrome.
Report Post Tip
Monty steps out of the bank to the sound of squealing tires and grins as he sees a car speeding his direction. As the car rushes his way he quickly makes for his own ride, not being the type to pass up a good adventure he fires up his engine and quickly takes off down the road just behind the fleeing car. As he sees the meeting of Chrome and Molecular Monty slams the breaks near them and sticks his head out the window grinning.

"You folks look like you could use a set of wheels, hop in eh? I'll only ask once, I wanna see where this guy's goin' myself. That an' ain't nobody round here I'm bout to let outrun me."

Monty sticks his head back in the window of his old charger and gets ready to hit the road again before he loses sight of his Mississippi rival.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: That Fateful Night( Open RP )
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL