Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 08:37:39
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Retirement Started by: Mikey_Palmero on Apr 04, '09 09:08
I think this is an issue. Specifically in the role play aspect of the game. Retirement means withdrawing from one's occupation for so and so reason. Anyways, I've been seeing these Gangsters who are not even 48 hours old retire.

What are they retiring from? They haven't put any effort in their character, so how are they retiring? It would be like me getting hired and going to a job, then retiring after the first day. It just sounds odd.

My suggestion is retirement should be used when you actually have put some time into your character. I think once you've gotten into the actual ranks, Made Man and higher, you should be aloud to retire due to actually reaching something. Or maybe even after so many petties, you can retire. Just like you have to earn a gun, you have to earn your retirement.

I'm all ears for any suggestions/feedback to this.
Report Post Tip
I agree with that Mikey, but If there was no retire button they may use suicide.

so removing that retire button isn't solving the problem.

I know we rarely see someone suicide but may be that's because there's that retirement button.
Report Post Tip
Yes people use retire simply to leave the game or start over and make another player..Taking it away would be a bad thing as explained by Alessio
Report Post Tip
I understand what you mean, I really do. But I'm talking about the role playing aspect of it.

You won't see a new guy, a Gangster, just retire from the life. Theirs only one way out of this life and its death even if its by suicide.
Report Post Tip
Naw mate i think it should just stay also gangsters can retire as for they are gangsters they retiring from the life of crime..
Report Post Tip
As far as I can see there should be a clause the new players have to complete a cetain amount of time before retiring.

I agree with Mikey what is the point in starting a game then just packing it in without giving it a fair chance.

Maybe our illustrious leaders should have some kind of trial period before being accepted into a family.
Report Post Tip
Thats what mademen is all about when your Finally accepted into the Family.
Report Post Tip
I really like this and will make it a point to discuss it with mario next time we speak (which is right now).
Report Post Tip
I think this is a valid point. I agree completely.
Report Post Tip
well in my own personal opinion if you dont want to play or log on and dont like what you see why not be able to retire? now I know for hitters it blows cause its kinda of a kill down the drain, but it is your choice whether you want to retire or not.

and I agree with Alessio they will only suicide anyway after they get the gun. So really gettin rid of the retirement button wont do much.
Report Post Tip
Agreed Bugs well spoken
Report Post Tip
well i think we shall make a guest log in option to give those who wanna check the game before playing an opportunity to do so instead of logging in with accounts and just retiring or suicide when they get Gangster.
Report Post Tip
I hate it when people retire... especially the new players... I wish they would put Free kill in there quote and then we could train our gun... on some players that don't wanna play.
Report Post Tip
In the role play sence i've gotta say I completely agree.

It's disrespectful of people to just retire at gangster when they have been accepted into a family. They have made no effort to do anything for the family in any sence.

If I was a leader and a newly recruited gangster had just retired, I would hunt down his retirement home and blow it up.

I also agree that the retirement function should only be used for people of the rank Made Man and above. Yes, it may bring more suicide to our streets but it is more role play'ish. I look at it in a way that you should not just be able to retire. You should have to do something to make the retirement worth while or ask permission from your crew leader.

That probably sounds like a bunch of babble. I'm a little tired.
Report Post Tip
People should always have the option. The problem is that these show in the Obits and people think they have missed out on a free shot. Maybe retirements shouldn't be there...even if they are qualified with "retired".
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Retirement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL