Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:37:42
Page:  1 
"Wait.You can't" Started by: Odd on Apr 06, '09 14:17
".....Shoot in my city! Not without paying the tax." That's what the lovely Marietta says about the city of Detroit. Well thats not entirely true, there is some small print the needs read.

Now the fine print isn't really that small, but I know there are people that just don't read it. So set out on a journey to see if I could collaborate all of the rules for each of the cities and put them into one place. Easy right?

WRONG

I thought that if sent a little note to all the leaders, now don't get jealous not every captain got one, and some did on accident. Which I suppose is another reason for me to get this information. Again, I thought that if I sent a note to these leaders they would give me the short and dirty of what we can and can't do in their cities.

Unfortunately, some of those leaders didn't think I was important enough to talk to. I know, I know, boohoo..lets play the violin to Odd. Anyway, I sent this letter to 9 leaders. Guess how many of those 9 leaders replied to me?

wow a third! that's crappy. Lets break down the leaders that did find it important enough to respond.

====================================================================================================================

Vicodin - An LA leader (thank you sir) but lets be honest, I sent the letter to the LA leaders out of respect (this is before the new leaders were up) I mean I already know the rules to my own city...but I will review it either way as I'm not sure the rest of the world knows.

Munchkin - A lovely young lady that was kind enough to direct me to the appropriate person, My apologies madam, I was unaware until you had told me that you were working for the Godfather of Philly.

Marietta - Ahh, yes. The lovely Marietta. who I affectionately call Old Faithful, she always makes time for me, and I am sure plenty of others too. Thank you, Godmother for your reply.

====================================================================================================================

OK, lets recap. with the three replies...One wasn't necessary, one, out of respect for her Godfather, decided not to answer and one was perfect.

The others...well I don't know....I guess I'll tell you what I know and hope I get it right and don't offend the leaders that put the rules in place.

Chicago - Leaders - Nicky, TM-Scarface - With no reply from either leader, I can assume that this city is wide open with no restrictions.

Detroit - Godmother: Marietta - Captains:HydroPhonic, Cruel, SalvatoreGato, Death-Knight - Detroit is a free city to visit. There is a tax here though, If you plan on shooting "IA's" then you must pay a fee. Marietta's words:

"Detroit is a free city to visit. However, if you plan on doing any shooting of unsponsoreds or IAs, you will have to pay a tax. The tax does not apply to members of your own HQ, say if you were a CL, RH or HSL taking care of a trouble maker.

The fee is 420K per week per individual, or 2 million per family. This is paid directly to myself. Only me and my RH have access to the shooting tax payment records so that hitter confidentiality is kept.

If you default on the loan but have been paying it regularly I have been known to give leeway, however, if you shoot without paying the tax you die by the hands of the RIOT! and your family is notified via the US Postal system."

Thank you Godmother.

Las Vegas - Leaders - Aftershock, Hypno - With no reply from either leaders I can't be sure about this city either, I can tell you that my family has been advised that Vegas is a no fly zone, but again with the lack of reply I can't be certain that goes for all.

Las Angeles - Leaders - Prozac, Luxuria, Shagtastic, Vicodin - LA has a restriction on PickPocketing, only LA families are allowed to pickpocket in the city and they can only Pickpocket other LA families. It's free to visit there, but expect a tax on your business should you decide to start one, but don't fret! Open a good business and you might find the city of LA paying YOU!

New Orleans;Philly - Godfather: JimmyTheLionHeart - Captains:High_SocWinter_Hill, Brick_Pollitt, Munchkin,FridgeRevenge, -Rusko-, Akasha, Giovanni - Since Munchkin was kind enough to advise me that Godfather JimmyTheLionHeart was also running New Orleans, I decided to lump these together. From what my pappy told me, Philly/NO is restricted to WiseGuy and below to travel for free, however, Made men and above are required to pay a tax...I don't know what that tax is, as the Godfather never find time to advise me on his rules and regulations. My advise would be to ask your own boss what they suggest, I think you will find that there are families that ask all members to stay away regardless of their rank. Seems to me that the Godfather would make more money on just charging the city tax and allowing all to travel. I also think you are subject to Pickpockets if you are there as well. But don't quote me on it.

New York - Godfather: ThomasRourke - Captains:Phantom_Ghost, Persian, The_Messiah, Premier - I have no idea...I can tell you that Godfather ThomasRourke is an innovative fellow and has employed captains with specific restrictions on them, but I'm not sure if he has placed any one the city. With no reply from this Godfather either, I'm afraid I am no help.

To conclude this mess of information or misinformation as it might be, everybody's best bet is to get a run down from your own Leaders and be sure you are supposed to be somewhere and if you are allowed to do something there.

I apologize to everyone that this wasn't the wealth of information I anticipated it to be, but with lack of participation...what can a guy do?

cheers,

~O
Report Post Tip
Seeing as I'm the only one to respond, I figured I'd thank you for compiling the laws / rules set in place, all in one convenient speech.

I shall refer some of my members here when they ask about the "taxes" in place.

Thank you.
Report Post Tip
Valiant effort. I hope you are able to get more responses in the future so you can make a more informative compilation.

Thank you for this speech.
Report Post Tip
Very interesting Odd, I think you would make a wonderful Mafia Returns writer, maybe start a paper?

-Frankie-
Report Post Tip
Yes, 'tis frustrating to try to figure it all out.

Unfortunately in my, admittedly limited, experience it really doesn't matter what you actually do or don't do ~ sooner or later someone will claim that you either did or didn't do something or other and try to use that as an excuse to wack you. C'est la vie...throw the dice, pay the price.
Report Post Tip
It's never to late to get the info!

The Following is an addendum, to the Chicago input in Don Nicky's own words:

Chicago is a pp at will city. If you want to be pp'ed here, you will be. If you dont, we will respect that. However to be counted as someone who does not want to be, it needs to be in hteir profile.

As of this time there are no additional taxes in place.

I hope this answers your question.

Don Nicky of Chicago.

Thanks Don Nicky!
Report Post Tip
I pay close attention to Odd's announcement, and take down a few notes

"Thank-you good sir. This is most beneficial to persons in my situation."
Report Post Tip
I would like to apologize, seems my postman never delivered my original mail to Don Aftershock only to Don Hypno, I will make sure that his next delivery is at the bottom of the Pacific. Don Aftershock was kind enough to give me an overview though, and I think I got it right. The Following is and addendum to the Vegas input:

Las Vegas is open to all, provided you have the 'cajones' to fly there. See, everything is allowed in the City of Sin. Provided you are feeling lucky.

After all its a city of gambling, do the crime here...you are gambling with what might happen.

Fly there for free, Pickpocketing is okay, hell you can even shoot people that aren't comatose homeless folks! Be careful if you do visit the Sin City, if you pickpocket someone and they decide to kill you. The chance of them getting away with it are pretty darn good. You see if one of the Vegas family see's it they keep it and they are telling no body! Good luck getting that Witness statement. It's the epitome of "what happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas".

So come on down, gamble with your money AND your life, the Sin City is awaiting you arrival
Report Post Tip
While pickpocketing is certainly allowed in Las Vegas, people should not get the wrong idea about the number of bullets flying around. We are certainly not encouraging random acts of violence and we are not partaking in them ourselves. As Mr. Button previously stated in the streets, our focus is not the violence, but the silence. If a member of a Las Vegas family catches a witness statement, we'll keep our mouth shut. But that is all. As long as you don't have some personal grudge with another mafioso, I highly recommend visiting our fine city.
Report Post Tip
thanks for the info. now i know what i can and cant do in other cities
Report Post Tip
Thanks Munchkin for getting this info. Here's what we got for Philly and N.O.

The addendum reads:

1) Both cities are pickpocket friendly. By traveling to these cities one has given unspoken permission to others that their pockets are free for the picking.

2) Both cities have a travel tax which is applicable to mademan and above. The going rates per city are: 100k for an individual and 1 mill for a family for travel for one week.

Report Post Tip
LA Addendum....Now LA is pickpocket Neutral.

Give me a few and I'll type this up for a faster reference for all :)

Thanks to all for your patience.
Report Post Tip
very good writing sir, it's very helpful for a new comer like me :)
Report Post Tip
very useful info from each city, nice post.
Report Post Tip
very good and useful post especially for those who are new comers to the game. Good job.

Gives golf clap to Odd.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: "Wait.You can't"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL