Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 19:42:16
Page:  1 
A Contest for Chicago Started by: Nicky on Apr 06, '09 19:12
Chicago Business Contest

The time has come to get the Chicago business district going again. With that I am here to announce the start of the Chicago Business Contest. The contest will work in two parts and I will offer cash prizes to the winners. So put on your entrepreneur hats, be creative and win some money.

Contest Overview & Important Rules:

*Part One*

Create a business, any business. Quality counts. All entries should be mailed to me for judgment. Your mail should match how it would be posted in the business district. By that I mean, if you simply send in an idea rather than a finished business, it will not be judged. Once part one ends, all entries will be judged by myself and a select panel. We will choose the 3 best entries. At that point part 2 will begin.

-Contest begins at the conclusion of this speech.

-Contest entries must be received in my mailbox by 23:59 on Sunday, April 12.

-Mails need to have "CBC" in the subject line.

-Businesses posted in the business district rather than my mailbox will not qualify.

-(3)Part one winners will win $500,000 each and invited to join in part two.

-Winners will be announced Monday the 13th in the streets along with a review of your business.

Judges for part one of this contest:

Marietta, Godmother/Detroit

JimmytheLionHeart, Godfather/Philadelphia

ThomasRourke, Godfather/New York

& Myself

*Part Two*

Part two is a chance for you to flex your business muscles. Draw in and serve your new customers. Business interaction is the name of the game for part two.

-The chosen winners from part one will post their business in the Chicago business district, following the announcement of the winners.

-Part two will officially begin Tuesday, April 14th at 12:00. This should give the winners ample time to get posted.

-Winners will be chosen based on the number of quality posts from customers and the interaction you show them.

-A quality post will be defined as a post that is relevant and at least one line long. Simple phrases and one word replies will not count. We will not only count posts from new customers but all quality posts, conversations are encouraged.

-Employee interaction is required.

-You may have employees to help keep things running. They should be noted as such.

-Part 2 will end at 12:00 on Tuesday, April 21.

*Prizes*

~1st Prize $3,000,000

~2nd Prize $1,500,000

~3rd Prize $750,000

Wild Card Factor

What fun would a contest be if there were not some challenge that was out of your control? As I feel the need to show love to my businesses in Chicago already, they will have a chance to win these prizes as well.

-Businesses open in Chicago at the time of this speech will qualify as a wild card.

-In order for an existing business to take the first prize, your business needs to triple the amount of quality posts that the first place new business receives.

-In order for an existing business to take the second prize, your business needs to double the amount of quality posts that the second place new business receives.

-3rd Prize will be held for a new business.

Report Post Tip
Well isn't this ironic i'm trying expand my business and here we have a contest for Chicago businesses. I was wondering can I participate even though I'm from New York
Report Post Tip
This is open to all, Giovanni
Report Post Tip
Thank you Alessia, you are correct.

This contest is for all of you across the land. It is your business that will be in Chicago. Your home city is of no concern to me.
Report Post Tip
May more than one person present one business in partnership?
Report Post Tip
Sure, I see no reason why that shouldnt be allowed.
Report Post Tip
The only thing that makes me skeptical about part two is that a guy like me, friendless and lonely, will lose out to someone who has more support, as it will be harder to convince people to visit my establishment than it will be for Mr. Popular to have a few friends drop by regularly.
Report Post Tip
I'll stop by everyday, just for you Alfieri. We always have fun sexytime together.
Report Post Tip
*kicks Internet down the stairs*

You don't even come to my businesses and I have girls in silk dresses who offer massages for Christ's sake!
Report Post Tip
Entries have been sent to the respective judges. Check back here for the round on winners.
Report Post Tip
Quick Update:

The judges have the entries, and are making their decisions. I will adjust the time table as needed for the winners for round two.

Thanks
Report Post Tip
There were many lovely entries for the first part of the competition. Thank you to all who participated, and thank you for Nicky for choosing me to be one of the judges.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Contest for Chicago
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL