Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 09:24:26
Page:  1 
The Closed RP (Closed RP) Started by: RourkeyRourke on Apr 07, '09 19:04
RourkeyRourke furiously pounded away at his typewriter for several hours. He was in the midst of writing a "Closed RP" for some of his friends for their weekly book club. Rourkey wiped his brow with an old handkerchief and took a look at the moon. He engaged the moon in conversation.

Moon?

Yes, Rourkey my son?

Can you help add some inspiration to my Closed RP, please?

Sure thing, boss. the moon replied with a grin.

The moon sprinkled some magical moon dust onto Rourkey's parchment and the paper began to dance with moonbeams and starlight. The moon carefully spun a tale of adventure starring himself as the romantic lead.

This is great, Moon! You have really outdone yourself now!

Thank you, Rourkey. I am pleased you enjoyed it! Let us take this parchment to your book club and see if your friends have anything to add.

That is a great idea, Moon!

Rourkey took his Closed RP story down to his local book club and hoped that his friends would be able to continue the epic story.
Report Post Tip
Hmmm. I'm clearly at a loss for stuff to do. So much so that I listened to the spongmonkeys' moon song ( http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song ) about eight times in a row and wrote out the words.

So if you have *any* use for the words to the moon song, here goes. It's very educational.

We like the moon!

Coz it is close to us

We like the mooooon!

But not as much as a spoon

Coz that's more use for eating soup

And a fork isn't very useful for that

Unless it has got many vegetables

And then you might be better off with a

Chop-stick

Unlike the moon

It is up in the sky

It's up there very high

But not as high

As maybe

Dirigibles or zeppelins

Or lightbulbs

And maybe clouds

And puffins also I think maybe

They go quite high too

Maybe not as high as the moon

Coz the moon is very high

We like tha moon

Tha moon is very useful everyone

Everybody like tha moon

Because it light up tha sky at night

And it lovely

And it makes the tide go and we like it

But not as much as cheese

We really like cheese we like zeppelins

We really like them

And we like kelp and we like moose

And we like deer and we like marmots

And we like all the fluffy animals

We really like the moon

Drexler Pets teh Closed RP then leaves
Report Post Tip
Brilliant.
Report Post Tip
Marietta sat in her most favorite comfy-womfey armchair in the book club room. Really it was an old treehouse that she and her cohorts had accidentally built outside of the tree, and had no means of putting it up into the tree afterwards. How silly they had been. So she was sitting in the green chair in the ground-house waiting for everyone else to come to the book club meeting.

Book clubs weren't normal with them, though. Instead they were all required to write their own stories and share them over cheese and BrianRourke's nan's cookies. She sat and waited eating the cookies, staring at the cover of her own Closed RP book. RP was a secret code for stories they wrote. Some had rumored it stood for "Rourkey's Penis", but she didn't believe that because it was just too naughty. Anyway, so she was looking at her RP book thing. Marietta had drawn a stick figure dog on the front. Her story was about a pony who met a dog. She hoped that Rourkey wouldn't make fun of her story like he had last time.
Report Post Tip
Rourkey noticed a few miscreants that were not a part of his book club begin scribbling on the parchment.

Moon?

Yes, oh bearded one?

Can you make it so your light won't shine as bright on these poor misguided souls?

I can't make any promises, but I can at least guarantee that they can't have any moon cheese.

Fair enough, I suppose.

Rourkey quickly grabbed up Marietta's story and read it eagerly. It read as follows:

There once was a pony who met with a dog. Better news yet, it wasn't a frog!

Marietta, this is easily your best work yet.

Rourkey plagiarized the entire story and added it to his Closed RP story.
Report Post Tip
Marietta watched in wide, green-eyed horror as Rourkey snatched her Closed RP story away and began scribbling down notes upon his own story. A growing sense of alarm was growing and alarming her.

Hey! she suddenly yelled out, jumping up and knocking over the plate of BrianRourke's nan's cookies. If his nan had been there she probably would have remarked something like "Oh poo, my cookies."

What are you doing?! Are you copying my Closed RP story?!

Greedily Marietta tore back her story and for good measure took Rourkey's too. With a pout she opened the front cover and began to read his story...

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times...

With rapt attention she sank back into her green armchair and tore through the story- nay, novel- with a tremendous speed. Tears graced her eyes as she reached the last page. Pressing a hand to her heart droplets began to fall from her tear ducts and grace the paper.

"I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go," Rourkey said, his voice breaking with emotion.

And then he let go. Jack drifted serenely to the bottom of the ocean, his hair tufts floating gently in the gentle waves of the freezing liquid. Rourkey felt his heart break into millions as he watched the one true love of his life sink away out of sight.

There once was a pony who met a dog. Better news yet, it wasn't a frog!

Lost for words Marietta gazed fondly at the Rourke.

Oh Rourkey, she whispered, that was beautiful!
Report Post Tip
Rourkey was happy to hear that Marietta was so appreciative of his story. He was also well pleased that Marietta didn't notice the saucy addition at the end.

I'm glad you liked the story, it was 100% copyright RourkeyRourke. All of it is 100% original material! That reminds me, I need to redecorate the front cover. What do you think of something like this?

Rourkey held up a picture he had drawn.

RourkeyRourke's Super Big Awesome Love Story With No Help From The Moon

_​_​_​_​_​_​8888888888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​_​_​_​888888888888888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​_​888888822222228888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​88888822222222288888​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

88888822222222222888​8822228888_​_​_​_​_​_​

88888222222222222228​8222222222888_​_​_​

88888222222222222222​22222222222288_​_​

_​88888222222222222222​22222222222_​88_​

_​_​88888222222222222222​222222222_​_​888

_​_​_​88882222222222222222​2222222_​_​_​888

_​_​_​_​88882222222222222222​22222_​_​_​_​888

_​_​_​_​_​88882222222222222222​22_​_​_​_​_​888_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​8882222222222222222_​_​_​_​_​8888_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​888822222222222_​_​_​_​_​_​888888_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​8888882222_​_​_​_​_​_​88888888_​_​_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​888888_​_​_​_​_​888888888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​88888888888888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​8888888888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​8888888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​88888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​888_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​8_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​

BY ROURKEYROURKE

Maybe a unicorn for the back cover?
Report Post Tip
Marietta nodded eagerly at the sight of the cover art.

Perfect! she said before a lightbulb went off over her head. No, really, Rourkey had just flipped the switch on the lone lightbulb in their ground house.

With a smile Marietta quickly pulled out her purse, rummaging around for a photograph. Taking a spare sheet of paper she scribbled something upon it before standing and slapping Rourkey lightly on the cheek. He immediately spit out his chewing gum in shocked response. Grinning broadly Marietta stuck the gum to the back of the photograph and affixed it to the paper.

What do you think of this for a back jacket cover? She asked, handing the paper towards her friend.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Closed RP (Closed RP)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL