Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 22:09:03
Page:  1 
Respect, Honor, Loyalty, Omerta Started by: Frankie_Castellano on Apr 08, '09 01:34
RESPECT:

(usually preceded by `in') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"

esteem: the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"

an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"

deference: a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard; "his deference to her wishes was very flattering"; "be sure to give my respects to the dean"

obedience: behavior intended to please your parents; "their children were never very strong on obedience"; "he went to law school out of respect for his father's wishes"

regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"

regard: a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love"; "he inspires respect"

show respect towards; "honor your parents!"

HONOR:

award: a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"

bestow honor or rewards upon; "Today we honor our soldiers"; "The scout was rewarded for courageous action"

the state of being honored

respect: show respect towards; "honor your parents!"

the quality of being honorable and having a good name; "a man of honor"

accept as pay; "we honor checks and drafts"

a woman's virtue or chastity.

LOYAL:

the quality of being loyal

feelings of allegiance

commitment: the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team"

OMERTA:

a code of silence practiced by the Mafia; a refusal to give evidence to the police about criminal activities

********************************************NEED ANYTHING ELSE BE SAID**************************************************
Report Post Tip
I already own a dictionary, but thanks anyhow.

How about giving a speech about how these things apply in our life?
Report Post Tip
I see what you are doing here, and I respect that. These words have been thrown around since day one with everyone saying what they think these words should mean. But I have never really seen it put so officially before. I think everyone should go ahead and at least take a look at this, and think about what these words really mean in context to this "Thing Of Ours", as I have seen it put.
Report Post Tip
They're more than words, but a set of ideals and principles interweavened. Without one, the others will bend and break. Someone who is of honor and loyalty will always show the proper respect and keep his mouth shut, even when threatened with pain and death.

Our ways call us to be iron stomached zealots, where is we execute by our code, unwavered and flawlessly.

To do any less is a disgrace, of course before one is induced into our ways (promoted to Mademan), there is some room for error - but it's a shame to see Mademen wiping their ass with what they see as a set of suggestions rather than a way of life, the only way of life.
Report Post Tip
Gentlmen, I appreciate your words, this was just started as a post so that if new MR players hear these words, maybe they would understand what they mean, In our MR lives, our choices, words and beliefs depict a small if not huge ideal of who we are in RL.
Report Post Tip
*Dunks below the bar being set here*

Where are the Doctors when you need a OOCitis vaccination ?

I am realatively new to this world, as I came from another continent how ever this kind of made my eyes bleed a tad.

Yes we all own dictionaries of some sort, and I am pretty sure you will learn how it applies to our way of life or die trying to. How ever things like Respect of subjective to the person giving it and the one receiving it. Same with Loyalty, it is also subjective.

I would summize that blanket meanings put forth with no thought are well meaningless. Instead get with your family, talk to them and mold your general views around that which your family hold. In the end, they are the ones who need your loyalty and respect...

*Shakes head at the bar and walks away*
Report Post Tip
People who break the code don't do it because they don't know the meaning of the words. And let's face it, these speeches are only useful for the people that come here and listen. Not many Goombas or Thugs doing so. Just the definitions of the words is not enough to make me reflect on their meaning.
Report Post Tip
Thugs and even goombas are naive and have the luxury of making mistakes. I'm more interested in supposed Men of Honor, who have no room or license for error.
Report Post Tip
That's what I meant when I said that those people, when they break the rules, don't do it because they need to be reminded of the definition of the words.

Sorry for not being clear.
Report Post Tip
Ah, the eternal question....

Who is more lame? The guy who comes here to enjoy himself, or the guy who has nothing better to do than come here to make fun of the first group?

Flips a coin
Report Post Tip
Ah, the Gods wiped out his post. Butt_Ox was referring to a person that came to make fun of our way of life.
Report Post Tip
Forgive my sudden OOCitis of before... I guess I should've said that the Gods silenced his words. What does a lamp post have to do with anything?
Report Post Tip
Well sir from what I can tell the Gods wiped out his lamp post because the gentleman ran the wiring wrong and it was just simply unstable. That poor man.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Respect, Honor, Loyalty, Omerta
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL