Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:11:35
Page:  1 
The Asylum Has Been Shut Down. Started by: Benjamin_Button on Apr 08, '09 14:21
Benjamin solemnly approaches the casket of the former Don of Las Vegas, Aftershock. He genuflects and crosses himself before the deceased, muttering a few prayers under his breath. He rises to his feet and addresses the gathering crowd.

As many of you already know, Don Aftershock was killed April 7th, at approximately 23:46 that evening. Many of you had either the pleasure of working with him, or meeting the full force of his brunt and somewhat crude personality. His temper made him an immediate threat to other leaders and his actions were done without regard or deference to the actual boss of Las Vegas would not be tolerated.

The idea of power to some, seem to take a hold over their short lived lives. Like Aftershock, his perception of the power he had, crept in and took control over the methods in "crystal clear" thinking with which we had tried to teach him.

Everyday was a new battle at keeping him in check. Threatening to war other families and authorizing hits without my knowledge were steps he took to his own downfall. In my absence, he was watched and information had been brought to me about the manner in which he conducted business on a daily basis.

He killed his own members without hesitation and rather enjoyed it, killing another without hesitation was not far from what this man was capable of. It was later, when I had been informed of his successful attempt in killing a member of one of the New York crime families that brought this decision to a close. This is not the first time that I have had to make a tough decision in taking out a friend and it will not be the last. For those of you that use friendship as an instrument to bend or break the rules that I have implemented for your own well being, will understand that it is there for a reason.

In conclusion, Aftershocks decisions and general mal-practice, was bad for business. It made us look bad and I will not tolerate any attempts in tarnishing the immaculate standards that Relentless have set.

He was an asset in his time with us, that I will not take away from him, nor will i take away his dedication and successes that paved his way to his captaincy, but the reasons for his take down should be made very clear for anyone else who thinks that they may have an opportunity at getting away with this sort of behavior.
Report Post Tip
I want to take the time, to thank Mr Button on his heart felt explaination of last night's dealings. You did it with class and honor, and I respect you for that. Sad to see your captain get taken down, but sometimes you got to do, what you got to do.
Report Post Tip
Often times in this life leaders have to make choices that are harder than they seem on paper. In this instance I feel that you and Don Hypno acted in the way that you thought would benefit the lives of those in Las Vegas, as well as the other families that were being threatened by the life of Aftershock.

You took a chance on a man that had never had a chance in his bloodline, and for that you should be congratulated. Where would the world be today if we did not grow and take risks?

No one ever said being a leader, or a city head at that, was easy. For making the hard decision that had to be made I commend the Relentless whole-heartedly.
Report Post Tip
Authing fresh blood is always a huge risk and a big gamble, especially when you know their bloodline's past for bad tempers and bad choices..

It gives me once again great pleasure to be apart of a family that takes no shit from rule breakers and those who believe they are above the law even when they are good friends..

I hope this lesson can be swept across the streets of LV for everyone to know..a rule is a rule..if broken, friend or foe, you will be shot.
Report Post Tip
Reading threw my fathers journals I recall a few things. Did he ever shoot any CL that he was "going" to war, No. So wrong there, but it doesn't mean he didn't want to. Yes everyone knows I hate Shagtastic, but I simply stayed away from him. Phantom_Ghost? Yes we had our differences but became close in the end. Oh, and Persian, I won't forget you. You claim to not bring IRC into the game, yet you do. The three leaders I fought with, yay!

So I shot my members, let's see. Lizzie died for indirectly disrespecting a godfather. Valid reason for death I'd say. Then I killed the people that went comatose in my family, well shit. I forgot Benji, that's only your job.

Now the member I died for shooting was AOD and I shot him for shooting at my member Lil_Wayne_. Well that was messed up in all sense and I even tried fixing things with Premeir, but that's done with.

So I shot family IAs and mafioso's that disrespected other CL's. I shot a member who attacked my member in my supposive "homecity". So much for the Sin in Sin City.

Go ahead, call me a whinny thug and ignore it. But it's actually true. If I wanted to shoot people, I would have a long longtime ago WITHOUT asking Benjiman about the situation. The day Las Vegas burns to the ground I'll be smiling.

R.I.P. me
Report Post Tip
Sc0pe_d0pe,

Your reply to comments did nothing but back the words of Mr. Button. If you were trying to defend your Father's actions, that wasn't be the way to do it. Losing a parent is always distressing, but making comments such as cities burning to the ground shows everyone how much you care about the city your father once setup shop at. Could AfterShock'ss aggression and inability for "crystal clear thinking"" be hereditary? No never that.

On another note, thank you for taking the time to explain the events of yesterday Mr. Button. Even though it hurt you to make the decision, you still put business first and that's what this is all about.

Regards,

*EL*
Report Post Tip
EL, go rogue again or something.
Report Post Tip
I am fully aware of what some of the other CLs out there are guilty of. Is it enough to have them killed? No. Have any threatened the members of Relentless? No.

But when your father took action out of anger and put everyone else who was under him and along side him in danger, something had to be done. I for one have always believed in putting family first. Backing those who are a part of this family without a shadow of doubt. But when someone acts without thought and puts us at risk for his war like actions, then I will step in and be rest assured, 120% of the time successfully follow through.

By killing another who was not seen as a threat, had his gun and all auths removed was unnecessary. He acted and provoked others within New York. Premier may have been persuaded to let it go, but then again, Premier is not the head of the New York crime syndicate.

As for your views of how Las Vegas will be left to run, I can safely assume that you have completely missed the point like your father did.

I really had hoped that your bloodline left everything behind when I took your father in. Often he complained about others mocking his family history, he did not like it. Yet you come out here and attack External in the same manner that your father disliked.

Good show.
Report Post Tip
Mr. Sc0pe_d0pe,

Your words here are not helping for fathers case at all. It only further solidifys Mr. Buttons reasons for having your father killed.

You are not helping your case one bit. Let your father be remembered as someone who made mistakes. Not the man who raised a son to be just as idiotic as before. Try to learn from your fathers ordeal, not extenuate it.
Report Post Tip
I would also like to say Thank you to BB for informing us on last nights events. You have answered alot of my questions and i suspect alot of many other peoples aswell. I respect you for that BB.
Report Post Tip
Yes, indeed.. thank you BB for the explanation of that nights events, I thin more than just me was curious about what had happened :D
Report Post Tip
Slamming his cigarette down on the ground as he walked up, Doomtooth addressed the streets for the first time in what felt like a lifetime...

It's great to see when members of this thing of ours take the time to explain why things are the way they are, and why things happen the way they do. They are in no way required to do so, and in that regard, it is especially refreshing to see when time is taken out of the courtesy for the public.

That being said, it is always great to see people not only praised for their good actions, as is often seen when our leaders become Dons, but also held accountable for their actions. I won't speak of any specific actions, and not about this circumstance, but just in general, it is refreshing to witness this renewed wave of responsibility and accountability.

It is always a shame to see power overtake a promising leader. But situations like this stand as a testament to why our longer lasting leaders, such as our Godmother Marietta, and our two Godfathers, JimmyTheLionHeart, and ThomasRourke, have stood the test of time and are still strong in our world.

As he turned to leave, Doomtooth flipped his card to Benjamin_Button, having it land on his hip, stuck between his gun and holster...

That being said, the actions that were taken were sad, and unfortunate; however, the explanation was well spoken. Thank you.

...but by the time he had looked up, Doomtooth was gone; a flash from his holstered .38 Special, and a puff of smoke the only signs he had ever stood there at all...
Report Post Tip
The truth, is seen different in the eyes of many. I have seen leaders shot down for the same reasons, right or wrong.. but their actions have paved the way for our world to be how it is (good or bad thats up to you to decide).

This mobster was given a chance to achieve great things, and I hope he charished his time as a leader, and when his son returns to this world eventually he will grow and learn from his mistakes, and either do things differently next time, or be a little more slick. We all make mistakes, its how to handle them and what you do in the future that shows who you are, your true colors and if you can survive in the criminal life we all lead.

Had a good run, but in the end we all can be touched.
Report Post Tip
It is a shame to see a leader meet his demise in such a way. It must be seen as a lesson to all those who want auth. Here we have an example of what happens when someone gets power hungry, do not let power get to your head, bad things happen.
Report Post Tip
Cruel, I don't think the problem here was that he was power hungry, isn't power a defining facet of the mafia? We are all power hungry to one extent or another, on one level or another. The problem here was in his conduct and the fact he perceived himself to be more powerful than he actually was. Of course, his confidence in his power was misplaced, as we have seen.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Asylum Has Been Shut Down.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL