Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:54:56
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Marietta; This Is Your Life! Started by: Frankie_Gogolak on Apr 08, '09 23:24
Lighting up the streets with giant spot lights and balloons, Frankie raises the mic to his month and begins speaking..

Ladies and gentlemen,

Today is a great honour for me, I get to do something special for the Godmother of Detroit, Marietta..

Frankie calls out to Marietta to come up to the stage that was covered in a red silk blanket with a table and two chairs in the middle

Miss Marietta, please take a seat and we;ll get started..

Marietta, with a face as red as a traffic light on stop, she turns and sits down on the chair

"Miss, your family line have been gracing our streets for a long time, reaching many different styles of success, but unfortunately, up till now, have ended in the same light.

Your great-great-great grandmother, Kates, Right Hand Woman to the late Belle who was Captain of the former Don of Chicago, JonnyAxe.

Making many friends as she grew, Kates made a big impact on the world after just a few days of being here, she was seen as someone young, wise and energetic, but even with her great charm and thirst for success, she was tragically taken from her prime at just Earner during the war with Chicago, JonnyAxe was whacked, along with Belle and then she was shot...

Her life touched many hearts and her passing gave tears to many, broken hearts to all.

After Kates death, her daughter, which is your great-great grandmother, took over the legacy, she went by the name of Celeste, working under the reign of Intervention, Captain of PrinceofCheese, she was just the average member, no real job within the family headquarters, keeping her head down, doing her bit for the family, some would say one of the most loyal and respectable members of the mob.

Reaching the rank of Wise Guy, Intervention was in war, many people were killed in the first hour, but Celeste held on, running to the front line, she began shooting at the opposing leaders bodyguards, it's alleged that she in fact killed just over half of them, but no logs were ever recorded in her diary, so it will always be down to a rumour, but I believe it..

After doing her duty protecting her family, she was whacked as she marched back to base by an unknown hitter, it was said that no one ever saw who it was, but again, speculation?, there were many people there that day, someone saw it and I like to believe that the assassin was taken down soon after.

Kates death didn't go unnoticed by the rest of her bloodline, your great-great grandmothers sister, Kendra_McTavish made an entrance to remember, storming through the boarders of New York, she quicky stamped claim on the honour rank of Made Woman, part time RHW to the late El_Nino.

Kendra_McTavish, not a woman of mistakes, she fell victim at the hands of the local crime syndicate, known only by their members, they were a very secret organization, unsure to what name they were calling themselves, they were a force not to be reckoned with.

Taking it upon herself to make a difference, Kendra_McTavish wrote a book called "48 Hour Survival Guide For New Blood", a book dedicated to help the fresh mobsters from the core of our streets to help them survive. It was said that this was the reason to why the local crime syndicate whacked her, but once again, speculations and rumours, no one every found out the truth.

Here we come to the short lived member of your family line, Harper, under the reign of Eyzlee, Captain of Numbers4Glory, she managed to scrape her way up to the promotion of Wise Guy before suffering from a tragic case of mistaken identity.

Not really having enough time to make any real impact on the world, Harper fell victim to a rogue attack, but not in the state that the sentence is usually used.

Harper was accused of pro-whacking Jonnie_Reese, the rouge. After many attempts to protest her innocence, Harper was whacked by the very same people she had grown to love and the one's that loved her back, but when in the even of family protection, there are no friends, only victims, some guilty, some innocent, those of you who had family around this time are free to make your own conclusion.

Coming to your most recent family member, your aunt, Evelyn.

Striving through the ranks one step at a time, she was taken under the wing of the late Shawty, Captain crew of the form leader in New York.

Evelyn, the second only member of your bloodline from the selective few who made it to Made Woman and beyond. Evelyn made the promotion of Capo, where she was at the time, RHW to Shawty and Evolution Records.

She lived a long life, a happy one at that, making many friends, enemies too it would seem, but then, we all have our friends and foe's..

Evelyn's life was cut short..a war broke out in New York, destroying nearly everyone living there..Evelyn's leader, Shawty, came under fire in the early hours of the morning, a war that saw Evelyn's life get taken away from us less than an hour into the attack.

Now miss, we come to you, the lime light of your bloodline..

Starting this thing of ours as a mere thug in the streets, wanting nothing more than to make your mother and grandparents proud of you. You set out on your journey in New Orleans where you were taken under the wing by the late Skulls, leader of Renegades.

As you slowly made your appearance in the world, jumping the ranks, working hard for your family, you had a tragic fall within your family walls, your leader, Skulls was whacked in his prime, homeless you stood, not knowing what to do, when you were lucky enough to have been approuched by Iris, leader of the Java Cartel out in Philly. With no protection or shelter from the viltures we call hitters, you accepted the proposal to join her family and become an official part of the Cartel.

Getting over your fallen leader wasn't easy, and that's understandable, he brought you up, gave you protection as a young lady, gave you a home and a roof over your head, anyone would find it difficult.

You managed to stay on your feet with the help of your friends and family, once again, moving up the ranks, this time, out ranking all your past relatives and reaching Boss. Little did you know at the time, this rank was going to change your life forever.

Iris, your new leader, decided to allow you permission to spread your wings, she authed you to set up your own HQ in Detroit, an empty city before then, you quickly set up shop, made it your own, and to this day, made the city a very proud and happy city to live in.

Going from the rank of Boss, you later went to Consig and then the big Don, Don of Detroit, a family line that have done everything to deserve it, with growing respect every day, your legacy was to continue.

A little while later, I was told about a month or so by an unknown source, you achieved the rank of Godmother, you were now officially in control of Detroit, your city, your rules.

you've earn everything you've got, it wasn't just handed to you, how you doing everything you can to make people happy, but at the same time stand your own ground and protect the people closest to you..AKA: your family...that miss, makes one hell of a person.

I congratulate you on all your success, you have earnt everyone's love and respect here and I'm sure there's not a single person who can say a bad word against you..well, probably is, but that's a whole other story..hehe..

*Frankie stands from his chair and points his arm at Marietta

Ladies and Gentle..

Marietta, This Is Your Life!
Report Post Tip
Slamming down his cigarette as he walked up, Doomtooth applauded Frankie_Gogolak...

Very great story, and an extremely interesting history of our beloved Godmother. I hold a special(though possibly not entirely unique) relationship with her highness, having once, under this very name, denounced her name as pure evil, though that was far down my bloodline. I now embrace her with open arms when he has the time to grace me with her presence. Running an empire takes time no doubt. From tyrant to temptress in my eyes, I love you all the same Marietta, and I'm glad this was writ, so that I could learn your past, from the times before I first saw you as a Consigliere in this thing of ours. You have had many months of great and honourable leadership, and I wish you many more!

Turning to leave, Doomtooth flipped his card up to the stage, having it land face down in front of the Godmother on the table...

Now you have no excuse not to call me back some times

...but by the time should could flash her trademark smile and pick up the card, he was gone as always; a flash from his holstered .38 Special, and a puff of smoke from a fresh cigarette the only signs he had ever been there at all...
Report Post Tip
Molecular listens to the lovely presentation of the past.

After comparing my Grandfathers notes to this story I noticed that My Grandfather got a little honorable mention in this speech.. He would be proud. Well Done and very interesting.
Report Post Tip
Stands silent and smiles at Doomtooth

You speak wise words, sir,

Running an empire takes time no doubt. From tyrant to temptress in my eyes

Words to my misfortune have never heard before, but agree completely.

Leading a family is one thing, but an entire city for many months is a whole new responsibility in itself.
Report Post Tip
great story loved hearing about it
Report Post Tip
Nice.
Report Post Tip
I can't say I have heard of Miss "Marietta" but she sounds like a wonderful woman.

I enjoyed this street production thoroughly! Rourkey throws dollar bills in the air to thank the producer.
Report Post Tip
I can say i heard of her she's a great wonderful caring beautiful person who i respect deeply.

DId i mention she's a poet? yea the next shakespear bless his heart.
Report Post Tip
My buddy Marietta, one hell of a dame
Report Post Tip
When your raise a mic to your month, whats a month? lol.
Report Post Tip
By the way, nice uh story. I finally learned something today, thanks bro.
Report Post Tip
HA! Now skitzo(Alien name) We all have trouble speeking sometimes
Report Post Tip
This was nice. In my opinion, it is great to hear the history of someone I hold near and dear to my heart. Well Done!
Report Post Tip
Yeah next is Nicky's History
Report Post Tip
Great story ! Im waiting for Nicky story ..
Report Post Tip
Great story ! Im waiting for Nicky story ..
Report Post Tip
yea great show man........
Report Post Tip
Marietta, still completely red-faced and embarrassed at being put on the spot, flashes a small grin towards everyone gathered.

Well first of all I want to thank Frankie for his touching tribute to me. It's always nice to remember where you came from, which is something I have been forgetting to do a lot in my old age. Hearing about the women in my family before me, as well as how I myself started in This Thing of Ours, brought back many a great memory. For reminding me of those times, I want to thank you.

Thank you to everyone who has expressed their fondest sentiments towards me as well. I swear you are all determined to kill me with embarrassment. I suppose that wouldn't be so bad though- blushing to death. Either way, I am truly thankful for all of you, and you have warmed my heart with your kind words.

Hanging her head she shook it a little, placing her hand on her cheek. It was still blazing hot.

It's no use, she mumbled, you've all caught me completely off guard. I don't think I'll ever stop blushing.
Report Post Tip
Well, you truly deserve that honor and I admire and bow to Frankie's eloquence.
Report Post Tip
Thats a real impressive family history i ber your so proud.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Marietta; This Is Your Life!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL