Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 04:57:30
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Reporting forum posts Started by: enkindle on Dec 01, '14 18:38

Many of you have probably already noticed the new "Report Post" at the bottom of forum posts. This was added a week or so again and I forgot to do a game change post for it so...

You are now able to report a forum post and the staff able to deal with forum issues will be notified. Appropriate uses of the report feature include:

• Reporting any and all forum rule violations.
    • Please feel free to do this, it will help us keep the forums clean. 
    • Report even if you are unsure and we can take a look at it.
    • Your name will be kept private when you report.
    • Please report rule violations even if you believe someone else already has. The more people reporting, the better.
  • Reporting your own posts that you would like removed.
    • Previously if you needed your own post removed you would contact Helpdesk. Please just report it and give your reason.
    • We will only remove a post if it is to correct spelling or formatting.
    • We will not "delete history". This means if your post is already part of discussion, it will not be removed.
    • We will not delete established threads with replies, even if you started it.
Report Post Tip
I hope this doesnt add to the unnecessary deletion of street threads based on people's individual sensibilities like it has before. I imagine the reported thread will still be held to a set of standards beyond it not being somebody's cup of tea?
Report Post Tip

Fantastic addition enkindle!!

I have one question though. Let us say someone posts a spam THREAD (not a post) advertising or overall inappropriate.

There is no option to report a thread, only to report a post.

Report Post Tip

Kyubey, just report the first post.

Report Post Tip

"Why would you report your own post?"

I just got a popup telling me this when I tried to report my own post for format issues.

Is this meant to happen? If so, did my request go through? 

Report Post Tip

Barry, whoops. Forgot that I did that. I removed it so you CAN now report your own post.

Report Post Tip

Thanks. Hopefully my sausage fingers will stop making mistakes in the first place though.

Report Post Tip

Barry, if its a new thread, create it in your back alley, proof read it, and then you can move it to the forum you want.

Report Post Tip

will we ever be able to edit BA posts? lol

Report Post Tip

Liam_Neeson, we don't think we will ever offer the ability to edit a post simply because it could be used to "rewrite history".  Once something is posted, it should be committed. Allowing things to be edited would just cause a wealth of problems from abuse :(

Report Post Tip
Even in back alley? Lol
Report Post Tip

There are more back alley threads than there are public threads.. many of which are shared. 

Report Post Tip

how about being able to amend instead of edit (add to but not delete anything)

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Reporting forum posts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL