Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 01:40:47
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Sending Up Started by: BestestFriend on Apr 10, '09 13:21
Wouldn't it make more sense if you choose yourself what percentage you send up from your drug deal. That would be more realistic as in the real mafia lots of people got wacked for 'holding out' on their boss. This way its up to the boss to figure out if his subordinate isn't paying him enough and take steps to rectify the situation. I think it would make the game more fun as you could choose whether to be sneaky or honest and as other people have mentioned the 'family' isn't really a family as we know now but more of a competitive collective where people are trying to make more of a profit for themselves than the other members. This way you can be regarded as a poor valued member of the team, or a rich tight fisted asshole.
Report Post Tip
The Boss cant take as much as he wishes it set the percentage in the crew setup page.
Report Post Tip
I know that, my point was that it isnt realistic that the boss automatically takes that percentage. It would make the game more complex and more fun if it was up to the gangster to pay what the boss wants to recieve. It creates more choice.
Report Post Tip
Not really it says "You sent up **** as a tribute" its auto but really it says you sending something up get me?
Report Post Tip
ok and I was trying to say that it shouldn't be auto. you should choose.
Report Post Tip
You are required to send up XX% because that is the price of them being your family leader. This is not something you can ever have control over or will ever have control over. You also send up some to the GF of the city you are in.

The bit you are talking about, is already in play in the form of tribute. Those who don't give tribute are the ones who are tightfisted assholes and those who don't earn much for the family are the ones who are usually labeled useless.

There you go.
Report Post Tip
ok to be honest this is the suggestion forum. all of the replies to this suggestion have basically been 'this isnt what happens.' I am not posting in the help section. I know how mafia returns works. I was making a suggestion for a change in gameplay. Maybe i should just go to every single thread in this forum and go 'this isnt how the game works at the moment.' Or maybe that would be a waste of mine and everybodies time.
Report Post Tip
I am not telling you that it isn't the way it works currently, I am telling you it will never work this way. Key word there.

It doesn't make sense and the mechanics for you to be a money grubbing jerk is already there.
Report Post Tip
firstly, you just saying 'it will never work this way' once again I could do that in ever post in this forum and as I said 'it would be a waste of everyones time' for someone to come along and say something so fucking useless and not constructive in the slightest.

secondly 'money grubbing jerk' this is the mafia. I was pointing out that it would make sense for people to have the choice of being 'money grubbing jerks' as it is the MAFIA. not for me i was pointing out something that would make an objectively better, more complex game. If you think I am doing this for myself ask my crew leader how much I donate.
Report Post Tip
You are not listening - you are proposing a system to have an effect of something that already has that effect i.e. your suggestion would not progress anything or make anything better. i.e. The suggestion is useless.

I am giving you the counter argument because I believe the suggestion to be hogswallow. Do I need to further explain this to you?
Report Post Tip
yes
Report Post Tip
without using i.e. or being so patronizing i could puke my guts out. (excluding answers like 'its hard not to be patronizing when .... etc. etc.')
Report Post Tip
actually just give me an answer that doesn't equate to 'you're wrong you're wrong you're wrong naah nah nah'
Report Post Tip
There are no answers to this that lack the fact that this idea for a system is faulted. So I am not sure what you expect of me. I am not about to lie to you and say "Gosh, oh jolly! why didn't I think of that? You are an amazing, inventive person that has original ideas that don't suck."

Let me break it down for you since you seem incapable of understanding my logic.

Wouldn't it make more sense if you choose yourself what percentage you send up from your drug deal.

No, taxes are set in place as cost of living. The base cost at that. Sending this bit up is the price you pay for being in the family, calculating your earnings as oppsoed to others earnings would be a night mare for upper structure as we are not all accountants.

That would be more realistic as in the real mafia lots of people got wacked for 'holding out' on their boss. This way its up to the boss to figure out if his subordinate isn't paying him enough and take steps to rectify the situation.

Those who don't send up tribute are the one's "holding out" That is why they made tributes count towards your family earnings. Also those not doing the required work are also seen as they would have little to no earnings. Thus it is much easier for the bosses to see who is pulling their weight to "rectify" the situation they can approach the member about it.

I think it would make the game more fun as you could choose whether to be sneaky or honest and as other people have mentioned the 'family' isn't really a family as we know now but more of a competitive collective where people are trying to make more of a profit for themselves than the other members.

Mafia is a business, but those out for themselves die the quickest already. We don't need to expressline the journey to the grave. The way it is set up now is already like this regardless.

This way you can be regarded as a poor valued member of the team, or a rich tight fisted asshole.

This can already be done with the system in place.

Now, don't get me wrong. Your idea has been done before to some effect. There have been leaders who trusted their members to simply donate and left the taxes completely off - but if it can be done without being coded into the game that leaves the coders open to attend to more important projects.

Is that better? -_-
Report Post Tip
Ok, 'Mafia is a business, but those out for themselves die the quickest already. We don't need to expressline the journey to the grave. The way it is set up now is already like this regardless.' I think we do need an expressline to the grave - give people choices so that if they make the wrong one they die. the essence of any game.

'Those who don't send up tribute are the one's "holding out" That is why they made tributes count towards your family earnings.'

the point im making is that people automatically send up tribute as a percentage of their earnings. This would not happen in the mafia. I'm thinking you are confusing tributes with donations.

'calculating your earnings as oppsoed to others earnings would be a night mare for upper structure as we are not all accountants.' With crews of >50 I think you could manage to keep an eye on who is pulling their weight and who isn't and about the accountants question, keeping tabs on who owes you money is about 99.999% of what any self respecting high ranking mafioso should be doing.

"Gosh, oh jolly! why didn't I think of that? You are an amazing, inventive person that has original ideas that don't suck."

I did ask you not to be a patronizing asshole but I guess you couldn't help yourself.
Report Post Tip
Sorry it is in my blood to be an asshole.

Further more Donations to the leader of your family are not called donations, they are called tribute. Go check out the "Pay Tribute" button.

Also realize this is a game, and thus some automated design is required to make the game run smoothly.

I also like how you decided to comment on all of the negative bits without giving even slight breath to the bit where I said this has already been done without the need of a bunch of unnecessary code.

The point I am trying to make is - regardless of it not being "realistic" in your mind - is that the function this would serve is already in place due to the "donations".
Report Post Tip
ok very very quickly I am going to go to bed. As you may have noticed I'm posting back on this as soon as possible so excuse me if I only pick the 'negative' points that suit my purpose to reply to. To be honest you may be right, I am sleep deprived so Im not double checking anything I say at all. I prefer to just be a twat about it and see if I'm correct later. I can't do that now as its sleep time but yeah, thought it was a good idea at the time and no hard feelings if I was completely wrong about everything.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Sending Up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL