Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 02:10:01
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Patricians, “New Men" and the in Between. Started by: Sal_Giaquinto on Apr 10, '09 14:13
Dear friends - you've heard me orate of tradition, principles that my ancestors have passed on and entrusted to me. I often speak strictly of the present, but topic sake - Today - I speak of demographics, and again offer an internal question for each of you to consider - where do you fall?

The Patrician

These are oldest bloodlines - common household names. The living and breathing descendents often, if not always benefit from the stature, not to mention the inheritance reputation, insight and old retinue of their parents. Not all inheritance is upbeat, as old hatreds and vendettas are considerable. Some are more conservative and self-righteous then others - where others persist to replenish and renew their prestige and renown.

The "New Man"

Their coffers aren't as full, and they are possibly handicapped by the judgment of others, shrugging them aside as simple amateurs. Their stones aren't made of granite, yet although supremacy may well slide into their grasp for moment, bringing a chance to raise their retinue and repute - allowing them to leave their mark.

There is a vast in-between and perhaps if you don't find yourself where I happened to articulate - where do you find yourself?
Report Post Tip
Upon hearing the question asked, "where do you fall", Cookie considers this.

Well my friend, I do not know where I would fall. My bloodline is in no way a household name, but my grandmothers Busterman, and Temperance are know by many. So I do not believe I would fall into the "new man" category.
Report Post Tip
Rourkey begins to sing a song he cleverly created for just this occasion

I gotta find myself some love

I gotta find myself some drugs

I gotta find some liquid sunshine

I gotta find myself, I gotta find myself

I'm a sick motherfucker

I'm a sweet sucka mutha

Ain't no one tougher

I'm a wreck, I'm a sleaze

I'm a rock 'n' roll disease

I'm a pusher, I'm a shover

Ain't no mutherfucker tougher

I gotta find myself some glue

I gotta find some suction

Now my aim is destruction

I gotta find myself, I gotta find myself

I'm a drunk motherfucker

I'm a smacked out lover

Ain't no one tougher

I'm a dick, I'm your master

I'm a rock 'n' fuckin' roll disaster

I'm a pusher, I'm a shover

I'm your dirt bag lover

I got to deal with my neurosis

I got to deal with my neurosis

I gotta find myself some love

I gotta find myself some drugs

I gots ta sniffs myself some glue

I got to find some turpentine

For you...you you you...

I got to find myself destruction
Report Post Tip
I am most definitely a "New Man". I am handicapped in many ways, not just by the judgment of others. Amateur? Yes. My stones are more like pebbles and as for leaving my mark, I feel that it would be appropriate calling it a seed that I left inside Aurora.
Report Post Tip
The stains on the mattress should be considered too, right?
Report Post Tip
Most definitely as there is the gray area the defines many of us. We tend to aim for certain heights and many fall quite short to only be remembered as something they had never intended. It happens to many of us, myself included.

But we do have the option in changing those sheets, some just don't feel the need to.
Report Post Tip
Orpheus was walking along the streets when he noticed a crowd gathering in the plaza. Curious, he approached the plaza and saw a familiar face speaking to the crowd. He smiles to himself as he paused and listened to what the man had to say.

Another fine speech Signore Giaquinto, one which left me pondering over my history. I must say that my bloodline is fairly young, a stark contrast to the long and rich tradition of lifestyle that we live and to the many families that graced it over the years. My ancestors have done nothing great to be labeled as a Patrician however, I could humbly say that our family line could be included in the "New Man" category. At some point in our history, a few of my ancestors have been entrusted with the position of second in command of a few, a responsibility that they took to heart. Among my ancestors only one was granted the honor of having his own family. That experience served as a lesson for the succeeding generations as it taught my descendants many things about this life that we live. I myself have done nothing great, I only aspire to become better in the days to come.
Report Post Tip
I would have to say I am somewhere in between. My bloodline and family were well know on other shores but here, I am new and working to make a name for myself and my family once again.
Report Post Tip
I would have to say definitely a "new man", being that I am the first in my bloodline.
Report Post Tip
I am also a "New Man."
Report Post Tip
i'm a "new man", My bloodlines have been here before but they never left their mark in this world.
Report Post Tip
Sal Pirazzi stood in awe, while listening to his father's articulated speech. I am indeed am new comer, yet my stones are inherently more like gems stones. After all; the apple does not fall far from the tree. I imitate what I respect. I have some friends that are household names that have helped me along the way. Yet there our others household names that I respect yet do not know anything about me. Nevertheless, that is my handicap. I refuse to be a convalescent or treated like an adolescent. I operate as my father, a man of honor respecting everyone, and fearing no one. What I have learned, I have shared. When help is needed and it is within my authority and I agree with the request then I provide said help. I know that I must provide more dialogue in these streets to show my experience and savvy of this world and business we operate in. My elder brothers and cousins have come and left this world, I alone stand ready to do what must be done to reach that level where my name becomes a household name.

Sal shakes hands and thanks his father for affording him a chance to speak in such a public forum
Report Post Tip
Well Sal, we go way, way, way back and I'd like to consider myself a Patrician. Hell, I know you are, but as for me I think I'm stuck in the middle. True enough my bloodline goes all the way back to the beginning damn near, but I wouldn't consider myself a Common Household Name. Over the 8 or 9 years my line has walked these grounds I've always stayed in contact with small groups.

Never been a crewleader so that may play a large roll in me not being a household name. I'm always that guy behind the scenes.

The one that takes tribute seriously and willing to give every dime.

The one that meets you in a city, just to take that missed shot, and than get killed a minute later.

The one that who's on pure defence and takes a shot just because his leader die and he going out with his leader. (I hate that damn protection rule)

I'm the one that will never succeed to long because that family rule is so instilled in me.

My line is the example of an orginal mobster
Report Post Tip
It is better to be an unknown I think. Whether new or old....Less likely to be a target, though less prestige as well. Will be interesting to see how my fate plays out in the fullness of time when I am no longer as green as an Granny Smith apple.
Report Post Tip
I would definitely fall in the category of "New Man". However I don't feel quite like the given definition for a New Man. I am very fortunate to be surrounded with Patricians that are quick to correct me and help me learn rather then simply write me off as an amateur. I have a great Crew Leader and Godfather in Munchkin and JimmyTheLionHeart to serve as role models.

I don't know if I'll ever make the jump to Patrician. But I have faith that my leaders and my fellow family members will afford me the opportunity to do so in time. It will just be up to me to take it or leave it when that time comes.
Report Post Tip
I definately fall under "New Man" but I myself have not been treated differently to others except by one person and to be fair they dont count.

Eyes the others warily before giving a big smile

I dont mind being new it gives me time to learn as opposed to those who have longer bloodlines than I who decide to act against the rules they know so well. I hope to get to know people in time but that remains to be seen.
Report Post Tip
I'd say that i too am a "New Man," however I did like my suicide at boss. Afterall, Its Just a Game, no matter how you want to look at it.
Report Post Tip
Sir, I do not know what you are referring to. This is no game. I take my way of life VERY seriously.
Report Post Tip
...Yes Adrian, but do some people not refer to life, as a "Rat Race"? Is the object of this life to not be stronger than your opponent? Life is nothing more than a game of wit and stragizing with yourself, the rest of your family, and any mafioso that confronts you for alliance along the way. At least in my opinion, and I'm entitled to my own, as are you.
Report Post Tip
Dah_Kurlzz I am still slightly confused about your "Suicide at Boss". Are you planning your death now?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to:
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL