Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 18:53:48
Page:  1 
A note From Philly. Started by: JimmyTheLionHeart on Apr 11, '09 00:29
Jimmy stepped out into the blood filled streets of Philadelphia. A look of disgust overtook his face. What was once a clean and business booming city, had been halted. Surveying the streets and seeing many bodies still strewed across the pavement he slowly made his way to the center where people where gathered

Today I am saddened.

I gave a man I thought I could trust a chance to shine. A chance to show that he could be something. Instead that chance was used to slap me and everyone in Philly and NO in the face.

These acts of selfishness not only cast a dark shadow over My city but also cause many of the trusted members of his family to die as well. To those members who died I am sorry I failed you in my choice for your captain.

To New York You have my most sincere apologies. I can only hope that I may be someday forgiven for the loss that you incurred today. The_Messiah was killed for nothing more then the selfish motivation of a man with no conscience or thought for others lives.

His acts where in no way condoned by Philly. I accept full responsibilities for his actions and can only hope you can forgive me.

To Godfather Rourke Words cannot express how sorry I am for the actions of one of my own.

To the leaders of the other cities I would like you to rest assured that Philly and NO will do all in its power to rebuild the trust lost today.

I wish to personally apologize to you all as well as I am sure more than one is restless as to what the future holds from the actions my captain performed today. Philly will not be retaliating nor will NO. We will work had to rebuild the ties we had with New York and all others who have lost faith in my capabilities to control my people.

Jimmy slowly turns towards his HQ as he slowly shakes his head in disgust
Report Post Tip
It takes a brave man to stand up and admit a mistake, so my hat goes off to Godfather Jimmy for his words here today.

It was a sad day for everyone involved. Speaking on behalf of some particular New Orleans business interests, there is no defence or justification of the actions taken. We hold our heads low, a heavy weight hangs on our hearts and we must now try and rebuild the damage done by a small number of our associates in acts of defiance for all that is in the good of this thing of ours.

The attacks and results of 'Black Friday' will not be forgotten lightly. To those that suffered on the receiving end of the attacks, our sorrow and prayers go out to each of your families for the pain and loss you suffered.

*Hangs his head low, knowing that words can never be enough to make up for the loss of life suffered on this sad day*
Report Post Tip
I also Agree Satanta, It does take a very brave man to admit there mistakes So... I respect you Jimmy for admitting to your mistake. It takes balls to do that and i can see you defonatley have them Sir.

Dk shakes Mr LionHearts hand.
Report Post Tip
JTLH, this speech earns you more respect than you have lost over this whole ordeal.

It takes a true leader to be able to admit his wrong doings, even if it was a costly mistake. We have no reason to question your judgment in picking leaders, for you have picked great ones before, and will pick greats ones after. No one had any reason to believe that FridgeRevenge would act like this, it seems completely out of character to me.

I have faith in you Mr. Lionheart. Do not let one bad seed ruin your resolve.
Report Post Tip
I dont think this speech got the attention it deserved.. I wanted to wait and let those more involved respond but they never really did so ill give my two cents.. I think that this speech shows that Mr.Lionhart is truly sorry for what happened and shows that he is man enough to take the blame for it. I personaly am impressed with the way he handled it.. he couldnt have seen this coming much more than anyone else could have, I dont think many others if any saw this coming to be honest but he still stood up like a man and took the blame for what his captian did and like DK said that takes balls, so I have nothing but respect for JTLH and although i am a mere Goomba, for what it counts.. im impressed :)

What happened was indeed tragic but the only ones to blame imo are FR and his accomplices..

Terminator goes back to his bottle of Vodka he had just opened
Report Post Tip
I too was waiting for others to respond and that wasn't right. I should have spoken as soon as I heard this speech.

To be honest, I am sickened that a man like GodFather Lionheart has to come to the community and apologise for the actions of FridgeRevenge and others in that crew.

How could he be given the foresight to imagine that something like what happened would transpire? There is no way. And yet, he comes to the seven cities and apologises.

While this shows class, grace and dignity, it makes me ill.

It makes me ill because he shouldn't have to apologise for FridgeRevenge. He shouldn't have to see Philly overflowing with blood.

I hope younger members of our community can take a long, hard look at this and realise that everything you do has an effect somewhere. Every friendship you forge, relationship you seal, every word you speak has weight. You can't be careless with your life without bringing down the lives of everyone you surround.

I'd like to say that I feel bad for the victims of this idiocy and I will do what I can to give a helping hand to their kin. But I won't apologise, I won't be forgiven or feel like Philly or NO have been tainted. If anything, I feel we became stronger, ridding ourselves of a gangrenous sore we didn't know we had.

The stench is gone now, stand proud Philly, stand proud NO. Let healing take place and wash out the pain and disease.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A note From Philly.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL