Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 02:03:40
Page:  1 
Strangers in a sense Started by: Mikey_Palmero on Apr 12, '09 20:20
Mikey approaches the Street with a topic in mind for debate. The debate probably old but with recent events before him, he feels the need to bring it up again...

"Evening on goers. I'd like to bring up the topic of "Strangers". Now what I mean by stranger is someone who isn't a member or an associate of your family. Specifically I wanna know what you'd do in situations when one of these kinds of people mails you and asks for info."

"Now VivaLaTeQ brought it up in one of his speeches about strangers mailing him for the list of all the bum's that sleep in our fair cities. I don't mean that these strangers are mailing me for this kind of information but about drug prices."

"My views are simple. If I know you, you'll get the local drug prices and a friend of mine's if you want it. Why? Because I know you, I've talked to you before and know your name. And if I don't know you, don't bother mailing me as you'll be lucky enough to even get a response."

"What are your views towards others asking you for drug prices?"
Report Post Tip
I personally agree.

If I don't know someone and get a random request of them for my drug prices. I always wonder... What gives them the right? What makes them think that some stranger is gonna give you something that could benefit him and his family more than another. It is about competition isn't it?

What is to stop me from giving bad prices? Telling this stranger that Coke in New Orleans is 10k when really it's 5k?

Think about it.
Report Post Tip
Well it kinda depends if a ranking Mobster ask me for my drug prices i most likely will give him/her my drug prices to me its a sign of respect

But if a lower ranking mobster that i have never met comes out of the blue asking for my locals or drug prices i will most likely decline

It's just a sign of respect to me is all..
Report Post Tip
Mongo listens closely to Signore Palmero, and then stands up to respond.

Is it possible to look at this from a financial standpoint? If someone from another family requests "drug prices" from you, and you give them to him, wouldn't you be indirectly financially assisting another family? I'm pretty sure many leaders wouldn't approve of their members financially helping other families.

As for other info, stick to 'omerta'. It's a shame that we even need to address "giving out info" publicly. In theory, everyone should keep their info to themselves, and their family. So, wouldn't that include everything you've encompassed here?
Report Post Tip
*Nods in thought*

Personally unless you are in my "Family" I will not give you my drug prices, because that will give away my location. I know some of you will say "It is easy enough to find out someones where abouts via the coffee shops etc" BUT why make it any easier ? I know I have a uber simplistic view, but I am all about "Family" and "Me" not you or yours.

*Lowers head and kicks a rock at Mikey*
Report Post Tip
To me, it all depends on how they ask. If they ask nicely, I will answer nicely and most likely give it to them.

However, SalvatoreLucania has a point. I would probably give drug prices to a higher ranking player quicker than I would to a lower ranking character. It's a sign of respect.
Report Post Tip
Meh. I suppose I am too nice.

If someone politely asks for drug prices and sends me theirs I will send them mine. Even if they don't share their prices Itend to send them mine because what's 20 seconds out of my day?

And PJ, I can imagine you'd not want to lie about drug prices in towns like LV to avoid big fat punches in the face. :D
Report Post Tip
I think the point is quite obvious and even though it feels good to come out of the street and vent a little about what is annoying us, I hope there will be no debate about this issue. It is simply inappropriate and the leader of the disrespectful mobster should be made aware of this fact so he can be schooled.

If a person cannot put in the effort to socialize and merely demands information, he will not get an answer from me. Or better said he will, but not containing the information he wants.

SalvatoreLucania: I'd like to think that no high ranking mobster that doesn't know you or even resides in your same city ever asked you for drug prices as that would even be a more serious issue.
Report Post Tip
Hears the responses come in...

"I like what I'm hearing. All the different views about the topic makes me think. Especially Mongo's view. The way Omerta isn't practiced around here these days is frustrating."

"The view about financially assisting another family is another good point to bring up. Never thought of it that way."
Report Post Tip
One of the newest of the new steps forth, waiting respectfully for an opening to speak.

"In the few days I have been in this fair new country I have had the information requests a few times. The first time I replied, figuring why not? They offered the same information. Then I thought about it and have to agree with the sentiment posted before..."

"Why would you aid your potential enemies? You wouldn't hand out weapons to a stranger...or hire them bodyguards...or give them a pound of your product. And that's what giving the information does. Say the information is used by their whole family. Hundreds of thousands will be gain in that family. Then maybe you go to war with them. You just gave their don an extra bodyguard or two maybe, making it so your own brothers and sisters are more likely to die. However one must be smart. Always keep your ears open for those foolish enough or ignorant enough to have loose lips. Thankfully I am not one of these any more. But that is just a lowly foot soldier's opinion."

He steps back, continuing to listen.
Report Post Tip
Adrian why would it be?

We live in times of peace as said before there isn't a war or two every week.

This is not the old days obviously where you had to be more cautious with what you say or DO.

People ask you for your drug prices you do them a favor they return one. Favor being that when you need to make some money they return the favor by sending theres.

High ranking being up to Mademen as for I am only a Goomba that rank is in the mist compared to me.
Report Post Tip
Stands still listening to the speaker's words until she has figured out what to say

To be completely honest I dont think I ever had a problem getting drug prices until recently normally most people are very helpful and friendly which for a new person can be quite a good thing.

More recently though it seems people mail straight to you even if you have no clue who they are which is kind of missing the point why not go and talk to people in the coffee shops where they'd more than likely get more answers than going directly to a stranger.

If someone who I dont know or isn't in my crew mails me they dont often get a reply apart from telling them to participate more.

Gives a brief smile to everyone and walks away
Report Post Tip
Salvatore, peace doesn't mean we all live in one big happy community where everybody is nice and smiles to each other. We are criminals and I understand the idea of helping each other out by switching info, but why wouldn't you try as hard as you could to keep that info within the Family?

But on the other hand, when you said "high ranked" I thought you mean higher than Made Man, so maybe this is already a moot point.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Strangers in a sense
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL