Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 09:24:24
Page:  1 
The Annual Nan Award Ceremony Started by: Mac on Apr 13, '09 23:36
Drum roll please!!!!!!

Ok Ladies and Gents, gather round, it's the moment that a small percentage of Mafioso's have been waiting for!!!

It is time to announce the winners of the annual Nan awards, and just before we start I'd like to thank all those that entered for spewing bile and hatred towards others in your mails.

It's also time for anyone mentioned to realise that only a very, very small percentage of the community voted, and so don't get too carried away with the results. Maybe if you'd have voted, the results may have been slightly different.

Best CL

Marietta - by far the highest number of entries was for the Godmother.

"Not only was she the first Godfather since Anita and Scotland, but she also published Tea Time for many months and kept an active voice in the streets." - as good a reason as any given, congrats on yet another achievement Godmother. Well deserved...again.

Best RHM/LHM

Benjamin Button - The right hand to the Godfather in Vegas has much to be proud of, here are some of the words spoken about him.

"He is respectful but not a pushover, he is efficient, he speaks his mind and he is always good to those who need a word. Not to mention that he does all this while retaining his family's protection racket, making street appearances, and having tooooons of other worldly engagements"

Worst CL

Louis Gato has gotten this dubious honour, although I would like to point out that this is the same man that stood aside for the benefit of his crew, not many would or in recent past have done as much for their crews. However, here is what was said about him - "Just look at the daily obits for this one. Just shows you the kind of crew he commanded. He ran a Shooting farm, not a family. Hence he was not a CrewLeader, merely a CrewFarmer"

Dishonourable mention goes to JuiceV here - "After several accounts gained him a rep as an untrustworthy player he finally shook that rep enough to get Authed and threw it all away by randomly shooting at a Wiseguy shortly after getting his bold suit."

Most Valued Opinion

A tie here between the family lines of FlyingPig and Sprozza, of FP - "Take a look at any of his speeches. The amount of responses alone should say it all. People wouldn't respond if they didn't care". Of Sprozza - "the man just knows what he's on about and puts it intelligently and eloquently". Well done gents, to me this is the most important title of the night to win!

Worst Rogue

ElMafie - "whoever heard of rogues trying to one percent their targets? Fucking lame by any standards". Says it all really.

Spammers.

CharlesLuckyLuciano. "The kid can't resist running around rampant and responding to ANY speech he sees" Dishonourable mentions also go to Telkin, Hickey, Revan and The_SAINT. Simple lesson learned here guys, people see what you're doing...so stop it, please!!!

Best Perceived Hitter

Another tie here between two prominent members of our community, both of whom represent NY. ThomasRourke and Butt_Ox.Simple answers here folks, of Thomas - "ThomasRourke. Don't pretend I am not right" and of Butt_Ox - "Any member of Flying Pig's family. His gun is always great and his strategies have helped many families survive wars. If I saw him on the other side of the battle, I would expect to lose"

Best Retirement Thread

This honour goes to Chase - "Pretty much had it all covered, friends enemies all of em" and honourable mention to Telkin -"Telkin's 342345234 retirement threads. I know you need reasons, but that's about all that needs to be said"

Whose Nan would you most like to fiddle?

And the winner is RourkeyRourke's mom, who's just about to get tag-teamed by the local football team! Gooooo Rourkey's Mom!!!!
Report Post Tip
Very good :D.. was surprized by a few but its nice to see that at least some of my voting went to use! Good job Mac
Report Post Tip
Interesting read, sir. Thank you for your efforts in putting it together and bringing it to the streets. Well done.
Report Post Tip
Glad to see that a few of my votes went towards worthy causes! Thank you for putting everything together, Mac. It was a fun, enjoyable break from the normal everyday hum-drum.
Report Post Tip
If the Winner for who's Nan you would most like to fiddle is RourkeyRourkes mum. That technically means you would prefer to fiddle his grandma.
Report Post Tip
This is should be a big event, but may be many people still don't want to take a risk to give their vote.. nice event sir.
Report Post Tip
I will gladly vote next time, even if the title of the awards makes me want to suicide :)

Some of these make me laugh, true or false.

Great entertainment.
Report Post Tip
Wait...Chase made a retirement thread? lol
Report Post Tip
Awesome job Mac, i really enjoyed the whole process. Class work man.
Report Post Tip
Why do I have to share my two awards? I demand a recount. Better yet, let me cast two votes for myself in those categories to break the tie.
Report Post Tip
To be fair Revan is a champ, look at his douchebag speech down OOC Avenue. Also 1 percents win.....in time....just not that one.....IT COULD WORK. Even the Gods know that.

Also FlyingPigs shot record retirement thread was much better then Chase's....I doubt half the people here can count that high.
Report Post Tip
I shall expect to see this in Things That Are Annoying Me - Part II.
Report Post Tip
Why the fuck did Revan only win a dishonorable mention? I guess I haven't done anything annoying in such a long time. I must get back to that.

Oh, and you mean the Douchbag speech that Butt_Ox took the format of and turned in to a street speech?!
Report Post Tip
That's like saying fine Gruyere cheese ripped off Velveeta.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Annual Nan Award Ceremony
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL