Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 18:06:26
Help
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Html text link help Started by: Adz on Dec 20, '14 05:48

Using html, can anybody help with having a Back Alley thread html  text link open from another Back Alley thread in the same exact tab? I don't want it to pop into a new tab at all.

Cheers!

Report Post Tip

Sounds more like a browser setting than a link setting to me. 

Have you checked your browser settings? Made sure that the option concerning clicking a link is set to open in the same tab rather than a new one? 

I'm the otherway around, whenever I click a link I like it to open a new tab, so searched and found an option to check "Open in new tab" as on instead of off. 

Report Post Tip

I haven't yet, although most links if not all do open in the same tab, it's just when I am creating these links they pop up in a new tab.

I hear holding ctrl and clicking opens a link in a new tab too. Give it a shot :)

Cheers for the response I'll check the browser settings.

Report Post Tip

Not the browser settings.

Just to be clear... A back alley thread has a clickable html text link in it. When someone clicks that text, I want that linked page to open in the exact same tab. Not open in a new tab.

Anyone have any insight into this being possible, or even not at all?

Cheers.

Report Post Tip

You need to use the attribute "_self" if you don't specify an attribute it automatically defaults to "_blank" which is a new tab. If you don't understand this I suggest Google. 

Report Post Tip

I understand it and have tried that as a target an still no good. Might just be the way it is with html links and back alley threads. Cheers for the response mate.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Html text link help
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL