Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:16:01
Page:  1 
Hitter Regulation Started by: TheGhostWithin on Apr 18, '09 13:03
This is a call to all the leaders of the cities.

It seems to me, that the hitter situation has gone critical. Everyday, I see a new person racing for kills on the people who slumber for 7 days. These people already know the tricks, trades, and secrets of the hitter. But, they get almost no formal training on the etiquette of being a hired gun. I believe that this causes problems, and will cause problems in the future. Being able to kill is only the smallest part in being a successful gun for your family. The most important part, in my mind, is being a trusted member of your family, and knowing the laws and limits of using your weapon. It seems to me that this has been lost a little bit. People are all too willing to let anyone train; showing them all the tricks that the professionals use. This, is a serious downgrade to what I think should be.

Being a hitter means that you are the first, last, and only defense that your family and city have. This title and privilege should only be given out to the elite few that have proven they know when to contain themselves enough to not abuse their talent. How many times have we seen members of our community training a gun, and then do something stupid and disgraceful? (i.e - Rogue, random wacking, using death threats to get ahead ect ect.) It happens far too often in my eyes. These individuals should not have been allowed to train in the first place. Training a gun means training the ability to end a life. That is not a small matter to me. But, we have idiots out there that will shoot at anyone for anything. I have come across a "hitter" that gave death threats to leaders over minimal arguments. Threats are a way of life for us. But, a hitter needs to remember his place. He is not the leader, but the soldier. Sometimes, threats are useful in our business. It all depends on the severity of the situation. But, consult your leader before hand, in case someone calls your bluff. "He called me an asshole on IRC Ave". Yeah, get over it and move on with your day. I am not condoning blatant disrespect from anyone. But minimal arguments are not grounds for a killing. This just shows the maturity that some of the hired guns have. This is a disgrace to the profession of being a hired gun.

Eventually, we will see "hitters" with 200 kills starting to cause problems. They will either "Get bored" or have a problem with another leader/member and decide to throw their weight around just because they think they have big balls. Actual hitters would turn the other cheek, and realize that one day that person will get what's coming to them.

Please Leaders, regulate your hitters. Not everyone should be allowed to hit just because they ask. They may be faster to the trigger than others, but their brains may not be well engaged. I see a new person every day, using all the trade secrets. Is this really the best policy? Do you want to deal with the aftermath of a retard with 100 kills? I don't. I'm here to make money, and someone not trained in the meaning behind being a gun is bad for business.
Report Post Tip
Correction:

They will either "Get bored" or have a problem with another leader or member.

I don't know how it got messed up
Report Post Tip
Sewati throws some bread to the pigeons

Ghost, I can see your side BUT there are a lot of factors involved. One of which is who are you?

By that I mean the following, if lets say Brick or Prem or PG etc want to have a group of Strong reliable Hitman who are you to ask them to reign them in? You are no one to them, same as me.

The second is chance, your concern is not just in part chance but mostly designed on chance. A well minded "Hitter" who can control himself is just as much a risk to get rubbed off the wrong way and turn. That is human nature, it will happen.

The last point I will make is this and this is where I will find the most resistance.

I believe those actions are actually GOOD for our world. The create openings and bring families closer to together. With out "Rogue" hitters once in a while, we mine as well call this place "BankingReturns.Com" Stagnancy kills worlds like this much quicker than 'Gangster Hunting'.

A pigeon lands on Sewati's head

Great that is just what a need O_O
Report Post Tip
Oddly enough, it is only your last comment I agree with, Sewati. Without the occasional "Oh shit, my life might be in danger" moment, things get stale. Turnover is also necessary, however it may come about.

As to your first point, Ghost is not out here trying to dictate anything. He is only stating his opinion and asking the Bosses to consider his thoughts. He is not purporting to be someone who can tell anyone how to run their family.

I disagree with your second point, as well. I don't think anyone and everyone is susceptible to flying off the handle. It is generally the same bloodlines who frequently do, and the same bloodlines who never do.

That being said, I don't think this is something that a crewleader needs to or should regulate. The once-exclusive fraternity of hitmen used to be self regulating, and that worked well. Back in the day hitmen were VERY VERY FUCKING RELUCTANT to share their personality traits (startup answers) and just about all hitmen learned through trial and error. That was what made it such a prestigious occupation. If you were good at it, it was undoubted because you worked very hard. These days things are much different. Rather than trying to control who trains a gun, which is a nice ideological idea but unrealistic as it will never happen, perhaps we could get people back to the old way of thinking.

If you are a hitman, be proud of your skills. However, realize that it isn't such a big deal anymore, and you all have only yourselves to blame for that. You have heard me rant. You know how to change that.
Report Post Tip
I do not presume to tell other leaders what to do. Not in the least. They can build strong Hit Squads if they like. It just seems to me that these days, anyone who asks is allowed to start training, can get tips on hitting, and are given the lists of targets freely. This is not good policy. It should be something that is an earned privilege, not the general status quo.

Secondly, yes, it is all chance. But, a well educated hitter would put his personal differences aside for the good of his family. People new to the profession would see their gun as a tool for personal gain, not family defense.

Thirdly, you may think rogues are fun, but I'm sure if you asked Marietta, ThomasRourke, or JTLH, they would disagree. Rogues are honorless thugs hell bent on causing chaos. You can't make money while in a state of constant attack and defense. Maybe you like to see random people die for nothing, but I don't.
Report Post Tip
"Thirdly, you may think rogues are fun, but I'm sure if you asked Marietta, ThomasRourke, or JTLH, they would disagree. Rogues are honorless thugs hell bent on causing chaos. You can't make money while in a state of constant attack and defense. Maybe you like to see random people die for nothing, but I don't."

I usually don't have much to say on things as by the time i hear them my opinion has already been stated by someone else, but, i feel inclined to at this moment.

First of all, I don't believe anyone has said anything about Rogues being "fun" and of course those in charge aren't going to appreciate someone trying to kill them. Secondly, rogues are not always honor-less thugs. Many times I have seen members of a family that is being taken out standing up and fighting back and they are labeled rogues. That sir is not honor-less. Of course you can't make money in a state of constant attack and defense, but like the young sir said stagnancy kills almost to the same degree as an unstable mobster with a gun. No one likes to see random people die, unless you are the one randomly killing them. Try not to assume what you think this mobster is saying, simply go on what he says.
Report Post Tip
I think new people running around shooting the sleeping bums is great it keeps the trash off the streets. Maybe we do need to have nice sit downs and explain what it means to have a gun. The best way I was told by a great great man long ago in my first hit squad was... IT PUTS A BIG RED BULLSEYE ON YOUR ASS!

Well those words certainly taught me to not flash my gun about like it's a dick showing contest. Best thing to do for this "regulation" would be to talk to your members, have some one on one time. Then point them to the wacking guide in the OOC streets, it should help them get the knowledge they need. If not, they can mail me.

Smiling Charles grabs his knife.

This thing never runs out of bullets atleast.
Report Post Tip
Nods towards Molecular

Thank you Molie, I was going back and fourth on whether I should reply or not...

I indeed never said they were "Fun" but like most things in life, the un-fun is needed as much as the fun.
Report Post Tip
I think every leader and every mobster wants to be a hitter, but most because they dont understand what a hitter is or the life of a hitter - as most of you have said.. but every mobster wants to have a good gun so when the time comes they can kill their enemy.

Its a thin line, these lazy bums on our streets are open to anyone to kill and with the right tactics and some luck anyone can get them.. Do we want to get to the point where it is restricted on who can shoot at them, with punishments being handed out who those who disobey.. I dont believe we should go that far, it all seems to regulate itself out when we have war.

To me the main difference is, those people who are part of the hitsquad will get a chance to take shots at family members, due to rule violations etc.. thus improving their aim and guns at a better rate than those who simply get a shot at the inactive mobsters in our world. I agree we dont need 2000 people running around with a great gun, but I also dont want to see this become a world where people cant try those inactives, as killing and using a gun is one thing that keeps these new mobsters here, as a lot of the new mobsters dont understand the RP part of this world.. which good or bad is fact. These new kids like to shoot, gamble and disgrace the streets with their three words answers and speeches.
Report Post Tip
"gamble and disgrace the streets with their three words answers and speeches."

What huh who ?
Report Post Tip
Smiles.. thinking about Hickey, and others like him .. while handing over a mirror to Sewati

Is that who you want to look like!!! Money-B is much more sexy than that..... even to a drunk compulsive gambler such as me!
Report Post Tip
Every time you think of something that depends on the will of several people of different levels of work ethics you will have problems. Some leaders may reign in their members but some others will not, and that scenario only benefits those who are letting their people run wild.

It was said a few minutes ago here, we are better off trying to educate the people that want to hunt, rather than trying to control them.
Report Post Tip
To be fair Butt_Ox, at least part of the issue here is that given the simplistic nature of this thing of ours and the age of such traditions, we were probably always going to reach a saturation point where trade "sercrets" were accessible.

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a return to the "old way of thinking" you refer to. Really though, it almost doesn't matter. The cream will always rise to the top and they will always find a way to keep themselves evolving and distinguished from the rest, if that is their want. The further it is pushed, the less people will actually have the skills to be considered part of the upper echelon.

For example, I wonder what percentage of those with guns would have any level of competence when it came to helping plan an attack, reacting if their family came under attack when their leader was asleep and so on. There will always be subtleties that allow us to differentiate between hitmen and glory hunters.
Report Post Tip
That was a point I made in another discussion on this topic, Doc. The cream will always rise to the top, and the best can evolve and adapt. There is also the importance of being able to defend your family, as you said and I have also mentioned elsewhere. Having a good gun does not help you if you are not competent to wield it when the shit hits the fan.
Report Post Tip
I actually like the fact that people can train their guns and learn tricks of the trade leaders and hitters should not be the only one to hold the power of great firearm skills its not right or fair for those who dont hold them positions...

For one you would never have to fear what someone is able to do to yourself or your family you will be able to talk down to those that have no rank or rights without any retaliation i think it stops people from havin the monopoly of power

And if we do come across a rogue than its all apart of our way of life you cannot have a basket of apples without one bein off if we didnt have our rogues or people that have no rules than we would not have to worry about protection and values anywhere near as much as we do now
Report Post Tip
I agree with what you are saying but do remember that this is supposed to be fun and when everything works out it gets boring and as the saying goes there's no drama without conflict. Yes, it is annoying when you die but you have to remember that this is a game and should be played like one. Some win and others lose, its the way it goes.
Report Post Tip
It would be nice to see some sort of regulation, but in all honesty I can't see it happening.

It does seem like every Thomas, Richard and Harold seem to be hitting these days, or atleast trying to and I can imagine it being frustrating for the rest of the hitmen, especially with the amount of target practise around. Unless you are quick to draw and an insomniac you will find yourself struggling to train your gun to a decent level.

So when facing this fact, you must aslk yourself...Is it really worth being a hitman? Or should you leave it to the more competent Mafioso, who have had the way of the hitter bred into them.

I think if people would ask themselves this question more often, we might see less people trying to take the role of hitman and failing to acquire a decent amount of kills and more targets for the competent hitters.

Alas, I can not see this happening anytime soon, everyone likes the thought of ending anothers life and it seems any hitter can also become a skilled jailbreaker, which from what I recall wasn't always the way in old times, although I could very possibly be wrong.
Report Post Tip
From a competitive point of view this would never work unless agreed and regulated by all of the godfathers.

If one family decided to regulate its hitters and another did not then the one that did not would be likely to grow stronger and have the upper hand should relationships turn sour.

And for all of the Godfathers and the Godmother to come together and start actively regulating who was shooting by picking up all witness statements would be a nightmare!

As:

1.) Would this require every crew leader to disclose a list of their authorized hitmen? (ridiculous)

2.) Would this instead require everyone who witnessed a murder to tell the murderers boss that they witnessed the shot? (which would lead to admitting knowing who other families hitters are or are not)

3.) Would bosses kill their unauthorized hitters if no one but that boss knew that they were an authorized hitter?

4.) Would bosses and right hand men take away half their crews guns every 4 hours? (waste of resources?)
Report Post Tip
My dear friend TheGhostWithin, you've strong together a fine fiery debate. Weaved with a trifecta of prudentia, virtus and dignitas is a true hitter shapened, his purpose war.

War in itself is an elegant art, it isn't simply the ushering of one's last breathe, or the tempest of a crude volley, it is something much much more. These merely symptoms and byproducts of War.

Where it is an art, the artist and performers must be of the right mind and form. In that respect, I heartfully agree. Should hitters be regulated? Of course, they must accept ultimately the creature of the Don and must fold and bend to his will.
Report Post Tip
Lynchy, you make very valid points.

Again, I never made this thread to demand a change, or to expect it. But, to keep in mind of who you are allowing to train. Have 100 hitters, but make sure they are competent. I hear a lot of "I want to be the best gun in the world" instead of "I want to do what's best for my family by training my weapon". This to be is bothering. It makes it sound like they are training for personal gain.

I would like to see new hitters get get a crash course on what it means to be a hitter, as well as the means to become better. The points being:

1. What it means to your family that you are a hitter

2. The separate level of respect and heightened responsibility that should be held in every hitters heart.

3. The intelligence needed to know when/when not to use your skill.

4. The apperence of a clear head and a cool mind. Never jumping the gun (So to speak)

5. Remembrance of place within the family. Just because you have the gun, doesn't mean it's yours. You gun is property of your leader. Because you have a big gun, doesn't mean you have the big suit to decide when to use it.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Hitter Regulation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL