Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 01:44:40
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Achievements – Make them mean more Started by: Rhuarc on Apr 20, '09 16:08
Just a quick thought, I know that there are lots of statmatics and mathmology equations going on in the background at every click of my mouse and have seen historically that admins have given stat boosts for rewards, I remember Hoopi mugging the shit out of me as a result of one "Mug" boost.

As I write this, I realise this may be a moot point as I'm presuming that the achievements do nothing more than provide some back slapping opportunities, if they actually do serve some higher purpose, my bad.

So, my point? Would it be possible for an option to appear upon completing an achievement to "boost" a related stat?

OR, Earn a point at each achievement completed, then give each stat a value and you can earn points to boost those stats, points which you can build up and use as you will i.e.

Boost Petties / felonies: 1 point

Boost Pick Pocketing: 2 points

Boost Jail Breaking: 3 points

Boost Wacking: 4 points

I know you love this idea people, tell me how much!
Report Post Tip
I actually think that is a brilliant idea...!
Report Post Tip
Rhuarc you are the great one, thi is brillant idea :)
Report Post Tip
I love this idea its great.
Report Post Tip
i always thought the jail breaking acheivments helped my jail breaking stats....but it could be just the amount of break outs. im not sure. i would like to know, and i also support your idea.

-aj
Report Post Tip
I like it but I think it will increas promotion to much. And by the time people get as far as capo or boss, there might be a lot asking for auth. But I love it.:)
Report Post Tip
Even though you don't see it, they do mean something. Look at your achievements when one's not done, and take notice of your prowess. Now finish said achievement, your prowess will normally jump a few percent, and you gain experience unknown.
Report Post Tip
I thought it was a well known fact that once you complete an achievement you are awarded a fair "prize" for being such a hard worker.

You do receive a reward for your hard work. As WhiteWidow said, watch your prowess when you complete one.
Report Post Tip
Its a good idea for most of them if they arnt already worth something. Its hard to say we should make them worth more when none of us really no how much they are worth. They could be worth a ton for all we can tell. Also some of them are kinda dumb while others are very useful and logical to have so the experience would need to change.. kind of like you suggested. So ya I like the idea lol
Report Post Tip
I think its bloody good. but id like to add something else. could you also put the points on upgrading your stealth?
Report Post Tip
I like the idea Rhuarc :)

Those days of stumbling around the old Sub crew, Drunk as hell, busting our heads against everything in the place looks like it payed off lmao.
Report Post Tip
Words can't describe how much i hate you Rhuarc

but i love your ideas xoxox
Report Post Tip
As already pointed out by midol, this isn't a new idea. This IS how it already works.

Keep a close eye on your prowess while completing them, especially the more difficult ones.
Report Post Tip
I already said that Satanta ;)
Report Post Tip
May 02, '09 07:43 Voting has earned you XP, credit towards your gun, and $1750 pending verification.

Love that!
Report Post Tip
As of now, the acheivements give you XP (a certain few actually + your stats).

But sure, I think there are a few that we could give you the option of your reward, when we get some spare time, ill look further into which achievements would be feasible for this.
Report Post Tip
i like it good ideal
Report Post Tip
COOL! thx 4 letting us knw dat.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to:
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL