Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:11:41
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Protecting Your Incog - A small game change. Started by: Squishy on Apr 23, '09 17:29
Back in the day before master accounts, when you logged in and found yourself dead, you could wait a few hours before starting your new account - this not making it easy for people to figure out your new name. With our master account system - this was no longer feasible. You would login, and your name would pop up red in the 60 second list. There was no "wait a few hours to make a new account" because as soon as you went to make a new account - your dead name popped up red again.

We made a slight change to the system so that once you login dead - your name will not show up dead in the 60 second list, nor will your last active time be updated on subsequent logins.

Enjoy your incogs,

Izzy
Report Post Tip
suh-weet! Thanks Izzy, love this new feature
Report Post Tip
"TDK" wonders who WhiteWidow really is :)
Report Post Tip
This just means more mails of "Mikado?!?!?!?" or "Clause?!?!?!?" coming from me!
Report Post Tip
I thought you werent supposed to see the dead show up on the 60 second list
Report Post Tip
Very nice addition/tweat Squishy
Report Post Tip
Will the name show up red if recently killed? Shall I test it?

Awesome shoots someone in the face.
Report Post Tip
I like it.
Sal suicides
Report Post Tip
Names still show up in red, he's saying when you log in the next time(to make a new account,) your old account won't show up in red, indicating to everybody else that the next person to be created is you.
Report Post Tip
Well with all the back stabbing that goes on around here, I dont think its going to make a difference.
Report Post Tip
I'm pretty sure a workaround was possible, if you clicked "Register & Play Now" without logging in (presuming you knew you were dead or had waited a while after death), then clicked the "Already have an account (including dead accounts)? Click here to login and create a new character." option. It would then take you to account creation, without showing your dead account in the 60s list.

Not that it matters, GJ.
Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Protecting Your Incog - A small game change.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL